• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Puella Magi Madoka Magica

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica: PMMM Rebellion October 26th

@LightUpTheSky452: The Blu-ray will be coming out on April 2nd in Japan and Aniplex of America will be releasing it on April 8th as an import release similar to the first two movies. There will be no English dub, but there will be English subtitles and will be coming in 2 editions: $55 regular edition, $95 collector's edition. The collector's edition will come with the original soundtrack (which will not be sold separately) plus a translation booklet for the deluxe booklet. There will most likely not be any official online streams of this film and only way to view with any decent quality will be to wait for a Blu-ray Disc rip via torrent.

Also, no DVD option. It's Blu-ray or nothing.
God, that pisses me off. What a ridiculous price for a single movie.

I love this series so much but I cannot justify spending this kind of money on it.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

@LightUpTheSky452: The Blu-ray will be coming out on April 2nd in Japan and Aniplex of America will be releasing it on April 8th as an import release similar to the first two movies. There will be no English dub, but there will be English subtitles and will be coming in 2 editions: $55 regular edition, $95 collector's edition. The collector's edition will come with the original soundtrack (which will not be sold separately) plus a translation booklet for the deluxe booklet. There will most likely not be any official online streams of this film and only way to view with any decent quality will be to wait for a Blu-ray Disc rip via torrent.

Also, no DVD option. It's Blu-ray or nothing.

Thanks for the info, everyone. I really appreciate it:) Welp, looks like I'm going to have to get that Collector's Edition somehow. And thankfully, the pricing isn't as bad as it has been. I really wish there was a dub, though, and that it wasn't only Blu-Ray, but oh well, I guess. I love this series so much, that I'll take whatever I can get. (And I really do hope the second season hurries along...)

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

Lol and companies wonder why their consumers pirate shit.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Aniplex America is satan.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Aniplex: "The American home release market's the same as the Japanese one, right?"

Actually, considering how niche the market is, it may not be the worst idea ever, lol

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website

I don't really know if I'm supposed to put this here or not, but I just made a MadoHomu Rebellion video, if anyone's interested in watching it. Unfortunately, though, the files were kind of corrupt, which I guess made the vid kind of glitchy. I still love this, though, and I put SO much work, as well as heart and soul into it. And were it not for the glitches, this probably would have been my best video ever. -le sigh- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L4JQCiiPeY

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

BD raws for the 3rd movie are already coming out.

EDT: And yes, they do have the English subtitles that came with the release.

Last edited:

Shogo-Kun

Awards

Downloading the torrent as we speak, as I'm listening to the Rebellion OST!

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

This one's a legit movie and not a recap of the anime right? I'll download it after work.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Oh thank god, it has subtitles already.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Yes, I have been wanting to rewatch this ever since the theater lights dimmed back in December!

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website

Yes! I so can't wait to actually see this movie in good quality, and without the wonky subtitles. LOL. The question is: do I want to try and watch it now (if I can find one that's not a torrent)? Or wait until I actually buy the DVD myself and play it then? Well, in the mean time, maybe I'll just look at the pretty gifs of it on Tumblr. LOL.

(And here's hoping Rebellion actually works for me when I buy it, because I actually have 2 DVDs of disc 3 of the anime, and the last episode never wants to work on either of those for some reason, which sucks).

ANYWAY... When do you guys think we might get news of a second season? And when's the Rebellion manga coming out in the U.S. again?

Anyway deux: I assume that everyone here liked Rebellion, then? (Since the movie's kind of controversial and hated by some of the fans.) I know I liked it, personally, but I'll refrain from saying more because of spoilers and stuff.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

I don't know if I like it or not. Haven't watched it yet. It wasn't playing in theatres where I live, and there was no way I was going to watch terrible cam quality, so I was waiting for the BD release. Now that it's out, we'll see if I like it, lol

EDIT: Just finished the movie. Not really sure how I feel about it just yet.

Last edited:

Shogo-Kun

Awards

I won't spoil anything, but here are my thoughts on Rebellion: I can understand why people don't like it, but I LOVED it! Especially since it did what the original series couldn't do, which was make me love Homura as a character.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I still haven't seen the film (I'll try to remedy that soon), but I knew about the controversial spoilers since last October. What I've personally heard (which obviously is only rumors at the moment) is that Shaft will either make a fourth film or do a second season that continues after Rebellion.

Also, for people who've already seen it... here's a little something I found on YouTube back in October that I thought was hilarious.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Gram

Banned
Awards

Just watched the movie yesterday myself and....I can understand the reactions I mean seriously what the fuck?
Eye candy yes but...I dunno...I just wasnt very pleased with it. Not just the ending but the whole movie itself.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

I'm afraid to even ask this, it isn't...canon is it?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website

I actually really liked the ending and the twist. I've been obsessed with this series for a long time now, and therefore know a lot about all the characters different psyches. Personally, I think what they did at the end makes sense, when you really pay attention and take certain things into consideration. I also don't think it's as bad as some people are making it out to be. That doesn't mean that I'm not looking forward to a second season, though, where they hopefully sort of fix things, and bring back the hopeful feeling that the anime's ending had to it.

I can get why some people wouldn't like it, though. And the movie does seem a bit... off, and there's part of you that feels like you don't like it, but I feel like it was done on purpose and furthers their goals with the film.

...This is really hard to talk about without spoiling things. I'll probably do a spoiler-ish post about this all soon (once I figure out how to use the spoiler tags), but I do want them to do another season to properly end things, but after that... I think they should move away from these five girls, and focus on others if they want to continue the story. Otherwise, it'll seem really overdone. Plus, I want to see more of the world that Madoka created...

And though it's Madoka Magica--and I do like the ideas that good and evil balance out, everything has a price, and to be careful what you wish for--I do hope more good things actually happen next time around. Otherwise, I feel that their main theme that you can make things better, and that there's always hope to be found, will be completely lost.

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website

Apparently the first two movies are going to be released with the English dubs now. Tbh, I'm surprised they didn't do this long ago, seeing as how the series and films are mostly exactly the same, and they all ready have the recorded audio from the anime, but whatever. Perhaps they were just waiting for the opportune moment.

I am really excited about this, though, and it's a good thing they announced this when they did or else I would have gone ahead and bought the originals. I'm looking forward to seeing the updated animation, "new scenes" in "Eternal", and just completing my Madoka movie collection:)

It still seems that there's no word on a Rebellion dub yet, though. No doubt they'll do that in the future, but are once again waiting for the opportune moment for it. Personally, I don't know why they just don't have the actors record those lines and release all three movies in one go, but... It's probably a good thing, seeing as how my wallet probably couldn't buy all three of these expensive items at once. LOL. And who knows? Maybe they're waiting until the next season or movie or whatever to release Rebellion, but we'll see.

But, yeah: anyone interested in buying the first two movies with the English dub: your chance has finally come^_^ (via walpurgischan.net).

Back