• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Psychotic Disorders in Organization XIII

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samcrux

Anyone here knows what personality disorders each of the members faced? Because i'm curious to know due to the fact that Organization XIII is a dilemma within a dilemma (full of psychopaths). Feel free to suggest.:cool:

Do you know what happens to those who lose their true purpose? Inevitably, they DESTROY themselves
Saix

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
well i know they all faced multiple personality disorder

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Xemnas has a serious case of nihilism.

But seriously, I wouldn't actually know enough to say.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I don't think we should really feel comfortable assigning real world diagnosis to fictional characters wherein that was likely never a part of the actual intention. It's incredibly doubtful, for example, that Nomura and crew sat down and said "X member will have this disorder and Y will have this one" and that they did the necessary research to portray those disorders faithfully. Half of the Organization are still little more than cardboard cutouts in the characterization department after all. The fact that Nobodies are creatures/beings that are mystical and can't really exist in the real world exactly are another reason we probably should refrain from diagnosing them. In my opinion, anyway.

(like I personally don't even feel comfortable with people saying Xion is trans since her mystical KH existence is just so iffy especially when trying to be compared to real world individuals. It's not exactly a clean analogue between the two, though I can definitely see how some fans would be able to relate to her in that way. I also don't really feel comfortable giving Disney and S-E credit they don't really deserve for represenation they didn't actually intend. but that's just me.)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
xion has prosopagnosia tho.
don't you mean everyone else has that when they look at her? xion had no problem recognizing the people she talked to, it was everyone else whose perception of xion kept changing (another example why this just doesn't work in real world terms lol)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
don't you mean everyone else has that when they look at her? xion had no problem recognizing the people she talked to, it was everyone else whose perception of xion kept changing (another example why this just doesn't work in real world terms lol)

whoops. you're right on that, she has reverse prosopagnosia, and also a mental parasite? physical too??

y'all need to stop playing god with a disney franchise like this, keep reality and fiction seperate

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think it is a good idea to ascribe disorders to them. Certainly there are may disorders you pinpoint or make comparisons to (i.e. Xehanort has personality traits found in people who have antisocial personality disorder) but these are fictional characters who live in a really weird world, and there is no way to tell what disorders they may have faced when they weren't created with the direct intention of showing that they did have anything you could classify on the DSM.

The Organization members were not psychopaths although they had psychopathic tendencies, but for many of them it was the circumstances they faced by becoming Nobodies and being indoctrinated with the idea that they had no emotions.

I think it is better to use psychological theories to look at the way these characters are, and not disorders which are a result of theory providing classifications for such findings.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i just think its fun to point out parallels, even if "psychotic" is completely the wrong word for it.

Samcrux

well he's only like diddlying 12 so??

Honestly speaking in BBS hes only 12 but him in Re:COM and a flashback in KH2FM is a issue. His age is 22. I noticed he likes to keep a lot of things from others. During Marluxia's recruitment he would rather not be interested about anything else (Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Keyblade War, etc) except for his fucking work. In Re:COM, he shows a lot of hypersensitive AvPD traits, especially in front of Axel and Riku. That's what made a more dangerous person than Vexen and Lexaeus involved.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i actually thought he was only like 5-9 in bbs but that's beside the point i guess.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I noticed he likes to keep a lot of things from others. During Marluxia's recruitment he would rather not be interested about anything else (Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Keyblade War, etc) except for his diddlying work.
I don't think not wanting to gossip with Xigbar means you have a personality disorder lol. From a story standpoint, Zexion is meant to be one of the people Xemnas is closest to, it's part of the reason why Saix had him eliminated. Him playing aloof with Xigbar is more about his loyality to Xemnas than it is about himself.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I don't think not wanting to gossip with Xigbar means you have a personality disorder lol. From a story standpoint, Zexion is meant to be one of the people Xemnas is closest to, it's part of the reason why Saix had him eliminated. Him playing aloof with Xigbar is more about his loyality to Xemnas than it is about himself.

to be fair this whole subject was fucked to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back