• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PSXE Emulator

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henskie

I'm Batman
hey I downloaded a PSXE emulator and I tried to play a game with it and the frame rate for it is so fast. The cutscenes go by in a few seconds. Anyone know how to fix it??

D

Deleted member 36435

*edit* Ignore this post...

Last edited by a moderator:

Henskie

I'm Batman
I own the game already and I dont see a problem with having it on my CPU
Plus its not like I am asking for an emulator

EDIT: The only game I have for the emulator is FFVII and I have the game at home but I am at College and I want to play it so I downloaded an emulator

EDIT 2: If any of the mods think this thread should not be then they have all the right to delete it or lock it or whatever they so choose

Last edited:

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
Are you using ePSXe?

Anyways, the default frame rate might be too high for the game you're playing, so lower it to like 20 FPS. But it also depends on your graphics card. The emulator sometimes works differently, depending on your graphics card. So play around with the options menu in your emulator and find out your proper gameplay speed, etc.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
We don't encourage illegal activity such as that on this site please take this elsewhere.

Emulators are not illegal. Try again.

Through my rather limited experience with PSX emulation, it seems that this problem occurs more frenquently with early PSX titles.

Speaking of problems with ePSXe, I can't seem to fix this sound problem I have while playing my Darkstalkers (disc). For some odd reason, music won't play, but the rest of the sound is fine. I've messed around with the audio settings and have tried different drivers, but still no dice. The same thing happens when I try to use PSXfin. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
Keyblade2222 said:
We don't encourage illegal activity such as that on this site please take this elsewhere.

Emulators are NOT 'illegal'. The image files may or may not be, depending on if they are still under copyright law. Most are, meaning that the actual usage of *.bin or *.rom or *.iso would be illegal, ONLY if they were being copied. (The ONLY part of ANY emulator which *IS* illegal are the bios images for the emus. Such as the SCPH-1001.bin files for PSX emulators.. which are playstation bios files. Easily found else where with google.)

And Henskie is simply asking how to configure a piece of software.. a piece of software which so happens to be a playstation emulator.

Henskie:
You actually need to 'limit' the framerate of your emulator. There should be an option for this somewhere in the graphics setting of your emulator. I prefer to use ePSXe, myself.

I actually encountered this same problem with ePSX... my framerate on my laptop was limited by the emulator at 200-300FPS... which means the game was running at about 3-5X faster than normal. The best way to stop this is to manually set a frame limit. The ideal setting is 59-60 FPS.. I've never had a single problem with mine after limiting it to that, because most TVs can only handle 60FPS.. which is what the games you are emulating were designed to run at, NOT 200FPS! xD

I'm sure you'll find the right option in the graphic settings. It should say 'frame limit' or something close and allow you to set a numerical value.

As for SN:
I haven't heard of that problem before..
Maby its to do with your CD-Rom settings in ePSXe and not the actual sound settings?

One thing to try is imaging the disc to hdd as a *.iso file.
(Personal backups are actually legal. ^.^)
Then try running that file, and see if you can get sound to work. If so, then the problem lies with the CD-Rom settings and NOT the sound settings. I only consider this, as from what you have posted, it would seem that you have tried all the sound settings.

Finally to Henskie:
Depending on the game, you'll want to enable certain 'game patches' in your advanced graphics options.
I know that there is a problem with ePSXe and FFVII.. the patch is in the graphics options, you just need to look. It'll be in the lower-left corner of the menu. The bug has to do with the battle-cursor..

Anyways, I' need sleep now. e.e

~~Azurith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back