• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PSP2 on the way

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ultamaSora

According to videogame blog Kotaku, Sony is planning to release a redesign of the PlayStation Portable, ala the DS Lite:

"Various third party and highly placed sources state that the PSP2 is coming. Speculation is swirling around the industry, and third party publishers are hoping to tie their games to the PSP2 launch. Thing is, Sony has yet to pass along any information about when that will be. Meaning we won't see big third party titles at launch."

The PSP2 may include the following features:

The loads are faster
Improved buttons
Internal flash — 8GB
Possible touch-screen
Possible built-in camera
Uses UMD
The predicted launch date is this year's E3.

Source: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/673991/Redesigned_PSP_On_The_Way.html#comments
And Please no "DS is better than PSP" or "PSP is better than DS"

Counter Shock

Bunneh As$as$in
Good thing I selled my PSP 1. No one would want to waste their money on that knowing this is coming. But really, its been only 3 years sense PSP 1 release. A little early, don't you think?

D

Deleted member 36435

Hmmmm, I wonder how much this thing is going to cost, knowing Sony, its gonna be like $600.00 like a certain other system.

ultamaSora

Early? The DS Lite came out not too long after the DS. They could release it whenever they want.

I dunno how much it would be...Maybe 200.00- 300 maybe i dunno

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I heard a contradictory report from 1up and joystiq that said at GDC Sony said they have no plans to redesign the PSP. =o We'll see how it goes. Personally I hope it doesnt happen because I already paid 250 for my psp.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator

Counter Shock

Bunneh As$as$in
Thing is, Sony has yet to pass along any information about when that will be. Meaning we won't see big third party titles at launch."

:D So PSP2, if it even will come, will have the same problem as PSP 1? No good games?

And wtf is up with the name PSP 2? Thats lame. Hope they change the name and be creative for once.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
I'm sure it will have a better name.

Sony did what MS did with Xbox1 ((in Japan))) Threw it out there and just thought people would make games for it.

A few made games for it and they was great games. Just like with the PSP. So maybe Sony will do what MS did with the 360 and try. :p

MS and Sony are way to cocky for there own good, lol..

Lord n00b

So far there will not be a PSP "2" well not necessarily.

But it is confirmed that in the long term a new redesigned PSP is on the way. Its not coming before the firmware updates at least. No reference to any major hardware changes were made. So any improvement made by Sony won't be major I assume except size.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=23465

Counter Shock

Bunneh As$as$in
^If it costs more then PSP 1 did at release, I deffinately don't see this doing very well.

EDIT: 400-500$?!?!?! Thats way to expensive for a handheld console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back