• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PSN Store Design

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sephy 9 2 5

I was browsing and came across a pretty good redesign concept for the PS Store. Its has a few problems like font size and that huge cart but other than that I think if it were real then it would be a vast improvement. Don't mind looking at my favorite PS3 games either. =D

PSNblack.jpg

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hmm, I wish I had a PS3. From the images I saw, the Playstation Store actually looked much better then this (it looks very sleek ;_;) but then I hear a lot of people complaining about the PS Store being hard to navigate or something? What's up with it?

sephy 9 2 5

Hmm, I wish I had a PS3. From the images I saw, the Playstation Store actually looked much better then this (it looks very sleek ;_;) but then I hear a lot of people complaining about the PS Store being hard to navigate or something? What's up with it?

Ah well I believe this one is a little bit more exciting than the current design. The current PS Store is fine....I wouldn't go as far as to say sleek though.

Navigation is still sort of a problem. Before the 1.6 update you had to use the SixAxis to move around. And that's no fun because there's no motion sensing involved in navigation. On top of that web browser functions are disabled.

Now with the 1.6 update in place you can now use a keyboard/mouse which makes things much better navigation wise. But if you were curious like me and got a Wii you would come to find that the Wiimote works on the PS3.

But the biggest problem with the PS Store is that its so empty. And there's nothing that you really want to download off the store. Hopefully....sony can start getting quality stuff on there before HOME comes out.

So yeah from the consumer's perspective your saying to yourself....Sony WTF are you doing...its almost like they are messing up intentionally.

Like background downloading shouldn't have ever been an issue for the PS3 in the first place. Too much is going wrong and too little is going right.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
The thing I don't like about Xbox Live Marketplace is that it's all text based. The PS Store looks alright. I've heard rumblings of the hard navigation, but I didn't know you had to use the sixaxis. That's a poor design idea.
I'm sure that the Spring Dashboard Update will add images to the Marketplace. But, this 'new' PS Store design looks good.

Black_Star

Stylin' on Ya
Ah well I believe this one is a little bit more exciting than the current design. The current PS Store is fine....I wouldn't go as far as to say sleek though.

Navigation is still sort of a problem. Before the 1.6 update you had to use the SixAxis to move around. And that's no fun because there's no motion sensing involved in navigation. On top of that web browser functions are disabled.

Now with the 1.6 update in place you can now use a keyboard/mouse which makes things much better navigation wise. But if you were curious like me and got a Wii you would come to find that the Wiimote works on the PS3.

But the biggest problem with the PS Store is that its so empty. And there's nothing that you really want to download off the store. Hopefully....sony can start getting quality stuff on there before HOME comes out.

Like background downloading shouldn't have ever been an issue for the PS3 in the first place. Too much is going wrong and too little is going right.
The store is kind of empty. There haven't been many new demos in a while. I think that Sony should make it so you can download the PS1 games and play them on your PS3, not just the PSP.

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
Walking out at night, alone. Bumping into street s
The thing I don't like about Xbox Live Marketplace is that it's all text based. The PS Store looks alright. I've heard rumblings of the hard navigation, but I didn't know you had to use the sixaxis. That's a poor design idea.
I'm sure that the Spring Dashboard Update will add images to the Marketplace. But, this 'new' PS Store design looks good.

it's not text based once you click on something. for example, if you see a video in the list that sounds cool, then you click on it and you get a freakin video preview of the video you're about to download.

also, you dont seem to realize that there is A TON of stuff available for download in the xbox live marketplace. if they had pictures next to each and every one of the downloads in the total list, it would get way too cluttered. if making the marketplace a lil more text based means adding a lot more content, then that's ok with me. that sounds like a great deal.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
I know, I just said that's one thing I don't like about the Marketplace. I'm not saying it's bad. I like XBLM better than the PS Store. Better name too.

sephy 9 2 5

The store is kind of empty. There haven't been many new demos in a while. I think that Sony should make it so you can download the PS1 games and play them on your PS3, not just the PSP.

Rumored to be coming in the next major firmware update.

Sony needs to either increase the number of items on the PS Store to a much larger amount or update the PS Store with better quality demos/full game downloads. All of this points to being something Sony is doing on purpose.

I have to assume they are for whatever odd reason, satisfied with the amount game content, with the progress they are making, and overall what's currently on the PS store. Why? I have no clue. The thinking process is ridiculous.

Anyway I'm trying to point out that its easy....really easy for Sony to make the PS Store an interesting place to go to.

• There are plenty of upcoming PS3 titles whose trailers I wouldn't mind having the ability to view. AAA titles should be on the store in some form.
  • There are about 30 PS3 games at retail and only 6~8 actual PS3 demos. God of War II is out too. Maybe I haven't read the reviews or seen the commercial.[/sarcasm]
  • Plenty of interesting movies upcoming as well.
  • Tekken DR is the best downloadable game on the PS store. There should be more interesting items than a mere one.

There is virtually no reason why the PS store should be as bare as it is. Its just Sony is content with where they are at.

I've heard rumblings of the hard navigation, but I didn't know you had to use the sixaxis. That's a poor design idea.

Even though you may have not known about the PS3 not having k/m support what else would you use? Curious.

Its a poor design idea because nothing truly supports the SixAxis.

Anyway the 1.6 update gave owners another option of navigation.

that pic looks like it was made in ms paint.

Reconstruct a similar image.

J4p4N3s3~61RL said:
it's not text based once you click on something. for example, if you see a video in the list that sounds cool, then you click on it and you get a freakin video preview of the video you're about to download.

Its a video preview. How is that even slightly exciting?

J4p4N3s3~61RL said:
also, you dont seem to realize that there is A TON of stuff available for download in the xbox live marketplace.

Most of the items on both stores are a waste of space.

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
Walking out at night, alone. Bumping into street s
Reconstruct a similar image.
if i reconstruct it, it'll be in MS Paint, and therefore it'll look exactly the same. there's no point in reconstructing it. the pic's already right there. lol if you dont see how that pic looks like it was made in ms paint, then you've obviously never used ms paint before.
Its a video preview. How is that even slightly exciting?
pay attention! i was referring to when somebody said that the xbox live marketplace was entirely text based. video preview =/= text based duuuuuuurr
Most of the items on both stores are a waste of space.
i dont know what they have on the playstation store, but they have a lot of great stuff on the xbox live marketplace. they have dozens upon dozens of free game demos(many of which offer online multiplayer built into the demo!), they have seasons upon seasons of full episodes of just about any tv show worth watching currently on tv, whenever a brand new video for a new 360 game comes out, they generally get the video on the marketplace as a free download.

sephy 9 2 5

if i reconstruct it, it'll be in MS Paint, and therefore it'll look exactly the same. there's no point in reconstructing it. the pic's already right there. lol if you dont see how that pic looks like it was made in ms paint, then you've obviously never used ms paint before.

I said reconstruct a similar image. Meaning use the same basic core concepts different colors schemes/different pictures.

I know where it was originally made and it was not MS paint. So go ahead.

J4p4N3s3~61RL said:
pay attention! i was referring to when somebody said that the xbox live marketplace was entirely text based. video preview =/= text based duuuuuuurr

I know who you were referring to. Live is basically text-based with tabs. A video preview doesn't change anything.

J4p4N3s3~61RL said:
i dont know what they have on the playstation store, but they have a lot of great stuff on the xbox live marketplace. they have dozens upon dozens of free game demos(many of which offer online multiplayer built into the demo!), they have seasons upon seasons of full episodes of just about any tv show worth watching currently on tv, whenever a brand new video for a new 360 game comes out, they generally get the video on the marketplace as a free download.

List these things. Free game demos with online. Episodes of currently watched shows. And some of these brand new videos for just released 360 games. Lol all for free.

Last time I checked though there were not "many" substantial free game demos with online, episodes upon episodes of tv shows I currently watch, and of course many videos of new released 360 games. I think that's personally BS. Otherwise I wouldn't have just logged off Live. =/

"Download Pricing
High-definition TV shows will be 240 Microsoft® Points per episode, and standard-definition TV shows will be 160 Microsoft Points per episode. New release movies in high definition will be 480 Microsoft Points, and standard-definition new release movies will be 320 Microsoft Points each. Classic feature films in high definition will be 360 Microsoft Points, and standard definition will be 240 Microsoft Points. After purchasing a high-definition TV show or movie, you can download the standard-definition version at no additional charge.

Microsoft Points can be purchased at retail or via Xbox Live. For example, gamers can get a 1,600 Microsoft Points card at retail for $19.99 (U.S.) or 1,000 Microsoft Points through Xbox Live for $12.50 (U.S.)."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back