• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► PS4 Help~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Hey, I need some suggestion on how to fix the thing that lets you put the game disc in. Some time today, I wanted to play some Second Son, so I plopped in the disc. It started reading the disc then all of a sudden, the disc pop out. :/

I was confused and tried to pup it back, but couldn't to for it didn't go all the way in and would pop back out. I'm afraid it would get stuck and honestly, I'm puzzled over it. I read the whole book on it and I'm still puzzled.

Any help/tip would be great! :)

Noel

Awards
Is your PlayStation 4 ejecting discs without your input, or attempting to eject a non-existent disc when the drive is empty? First off, relax -- your PS4 isn't possessed by a Blu-ray-hating phantom. This is a common issue, and Sony has issued a tutorial video demonstrating aquick fix for affected users.

The process involves holding down the PlayStation 4's power button until you hear two beeps, waiting thirty seconds, and then unplugging the console from its power source for three minutes. Afterward, your PS4 should resume normal operation. If it doesn't, Sony advises visiting its Online Service Request page for a repair order.

How's your PS4 holding up? Here's hoping the classic "turn it off and turn it on again" approach fixes whatever problems you may be experiencing. Even at its worst, though, the PS4's ejecting issue seems downright tame compared to the disc-launching PSP-1000. That thing could put someone's eye out.

(Source): Joystiq. Ironically today is their last day before shutting down. :\

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Try rebuilding the data base as well, see if that works. Hold down the power button until you hear two beeps, then the PS4 will load up in safety mode. Scroll down to Rebuild Database and click that. I don't know if that will give you any success but it's worth a shot.

Roxie1563

Awards
Try rebuilding the data base as well, see if that works. Hold down the power button until you hear two beeps, then the PS4 will load up in safety mode. Scroll down to Rebuild Database and click that. I don't know if that will give you any success but it's worth a shot.

Soo.. how do I know if it works since I'm deaf? :/ And is there like a patch for that? I mean, surely they tested it right? Right? *chuckles sheepishly*

But I'll do anything to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Soo.. how do I know if it works since I'm deaf? :/ And is there like a patch for that? I mean, surely they tested it right? Right? *chuckles sheepishly*
Ah, try holding it down for ten seconds then. It should quickly pop up with a screen telling you to plug in your DS4 to the PS4 and press the home button.

Roxie1563

Awards
Ah, try holding it down for ten seconds then. It should quickly pop up with a screen telling you to plug in your DS4 to the PS4 and press the home button.

Okay.... will it lose my trophies or not? Just making sure. ^_^

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Nope, you won't lose any data if you choose Rebuild Database.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
same thing happened to me

- unplug ps4
- press power button on console to discharge electricity
- plug it back in
- reap the spoils

Roxie1563

Awards
same thing happened to me

- unplug ps4
- press power button on console to discharge electricity
- plug it back in
- reap the spoils

How does it even work if it's unplugged? :O

Roxie1563

Awards
it doesn't. it dissipates any built-up static and that fixes the ejecting issue somehow

Ah.. Obviously, you can tell I'm not much of an electronic geek. xD Of course, I'll give everything a try to ensure it'll work fine. ^_^

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
good luck with your playstation, give us a holler if it works.

Roxie1563

Awards
Well, after trying out yours and Chaser's tips, I can't get it to fix itself. :/ I hate this is happening to me and I just wanted to play my game, darn it!! D:

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
it takes the disc and immediately ejects it? try this or this. also the video below. let me know if it helps!

[video=youtube;yU2Z6alUAcI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU2Z6alUAcI[/video]

Roxie1563

Awards
it takes the disc and immediately ejects it? try this or this. also the video below. let me know if it helps!

[video=youtube;yU2Z6alUAcI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU2Z6alUAcI[/video]

It doesn't go all the way in. And I'm going to give it a shot in the morning because I don't want to feel like I wasted my money those months ago. :/

I mean, it has been fine since ever Second Son came out, soo.. I don't need it giving me attitude! :mad:

Roxie1563

Awards
Good news! My PS4 is working again! :D

Turns out I didn't restart it the right way after a software update.. -___-' And thanks to my brother, who is an expert in all electronics, managed to fix it. :D

I did try all of everything you guys gave to me, but I didn't think to do the simple thing.. Go figure!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
congrats, luckily your brother is a whiz at these things. enjoy virtual seattle.

Roxie1563

Awards
congrats, luckily your brother is a whiz at these things. enjoy virtual seattle.

You should see his best friend. He made a freaking computer out of scratch! :O

And yep, I did enjoy seeing the virtual Seattle. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back