• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PS4 Announced! KH3? And KH 1.5 Remix!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiddenKH

On February 20th PS4 was announced..... is there a possibility KH3 would be on PS4?

Also if PS4 is coming why put KH 1.5 on PS3?

Man... i only have a PS2 and now i need to buy a PS3 AND a PS4 -_-

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
On February 20th PS4 was announced..... is there a possibility KH3 would be on PS4?
Possible? Yes. Exclusive? I'm almost certain no; it'd be very unwise for KH3 to not be on the PS3.

Plenty of reasons. Sales, fanbase, KH3 most likely being on the PS3, etc.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Possible but I doubt it.

To return the series to consoles, and to one console. It's also to allow newer fans who joined the community later on in the past decade to play the games more conveniently without the jumping around from system to system.

Just because PS4 exists does not make the PS3 completely obsolete.

Man... i only have a PS2 and now i need to buy a PS3 AND a PS4 -_-

Well, you don't really need to. No one is forcing you.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Considering we will see KH 2.5 in 2014 and that the PS4 is coming on Christmas 2013 it means we will probably see it on the PS4.
BUT... We will most likely see on the PS3 too.

If you saw the conference then you know they don't want to abandon the PS3 and they said many games will be cross - generation. So yeah, we will most likely see it on both consoles.

wii.red24

Sony isn't going to just abandon their PS3 just because they PS4 is coming out this year. We know that Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix is coming to PS3 and its safe to assume that if there is a 2.5 remix it will come to PS3 as well. As for Kingdom Hearts 3 I could see it having a release on both PS3 and PS4. If I were u man I would just a find a PS3 on sale and pick that up if you want to play the remixes and KH3

InfernusIgnitus

As i said itd be awesome if sony made playstation store shared, so PS3 games are playable on PS4, and some PS4 games on PS3, etc. so then square could just as easily make the new games compatible on both systems.

axel95

Awards
As i said itd be awesome if sony made playstation store shared, so PS3 games are playable on PS4, and some PS4 games on PS3, etc. so then square could just as easily make the new games compatible on both systems.
It would be awesome if Sony but backwards compatibility into its systems. Then this problem would be solved.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It would be awe some if Sony but backwards compatibility into its systems. Then this problem would be solved.

Well, they had it once with the PS2 in full blown capacity.

And while I know that there were a lot of reasons the PS2 was the most successful console in its generation, I bet that the ability to play PS1 games without much hassle was at least one contributing factor to it as well.

It's practically the same issue with the Nintendo 3DS, with it being able to play NDS games as well there's already a huge games library available and people can cash in their old console to help funding the new one if neccessary.

Thundah

I honestly believe that KH3 will be released on the now announced PS4. I would really like it to be on PS3 but I see that as something impossible.

PS4 is releasing this year's Christmas everywhere except for Europe. That could be a relevant fact, since SE never liked that much Europe. I can prove that for the delayed months that a KH game was released in Europe (also America and Australia, I think) comparing with Japan.

I would like to see KH3 on the PS4 because this new console system is truly powerful and the game would be on it's deserved glory, with amazing graphics and contents that the new generation will offer.

About KH HD 1.5, that is all but confirmed for the PS3, but there are nothing that says that HD titles and collections will be also released on PS4, like they were on PS3. So maybe we will stick around with the HD Collection only on PS3. The bad thing is: PS3 discs will not work on the new console nor the games downloaded at PSN.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I honestly believe that KH3 will be released on the now announced PS4. I would really like it to be on PS3 but I see that as something impossible.

PS4 is releasing this year's Christmas everywhere except for Europe. That could be a relevant fact, since SE never liked that much Europe. I can prove that for the delayed months that a KH game was released in Europe (also America and Australia, I think) comparing with Japan.

Square Enix released both KH2 and FFXII on the cusp of PS3's release. They had even planned to make XIII PS2 but decided they wanted to try their hand with the PS3 (bad decision.) So Square Enix isn't afraid to straddle gens if necessary. Also while only Watch_Dogs is the only usable example right now, I can easily imagine a lot of cross-platforming for awhile, ESPECIALLY because the PS4 is not backwards compatible. Until the PS4 has millions of units sold and get Gaikai cloud streaming for PS3 games working, and despite how much I'm sure Sony and many devs want to be done with the PS3, they are going to have to keep getting their money from the 72mil+ people who own a PS3.

Last edited:

HiddenKH

Sony isn't going to just abandon their PS3 just because they PS4 is coming out this year. We know that Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix is coming to PS3 and its safe to assume that if there is a 2.5 remix it will come to PS3 as well. As for Kingdom Hearts 3 I could see it having a release on both PS3 and PS4. If I were u man I would just a find a PS3 on sale and pick that up if you want to play the remixes and KH3

Honestly i think 2.5 will be on PS4 so I should just buy a PS4... But who knows? It might come on PS3 :p

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Honestly i think 2.5 will be on PS4 so I should just buy a PS4... But who knows? It might come on PS3 :p
Why do you feel the need to buy a PS4 as soon as it comes out? Why not wait to see what happens with the games.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Until there is any official word, I think you should hold off on that. The PS4 only has, what, ten? thirteen? games announced for it right now and one of those is multiplat + cross-gen, and another isn't even an officially announced title.

Unless you plan to play all of those games, don't base your decision of buying a game console on speculation.

Also 2.5 will definitely be PS3 as the point of the HD remasters are to put them on one, easily accessible system. It could go on the PS4 as well, but there is no doubt 2.5 when it will be revealed will at least be PS3.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
At this point, I really see it being on both the PS3 and PS4 as not only ingenious but the most likely option. I mean, it would target all those people who sell their PS3 to buy the PS4 while simultaneously targeting those who don't. I really hope SE does that, and if not, just PS3 (that way most KH fans don't feel like they need to buy a PS4, because which KH fan could stand not playing KH3)...

Commander Corn

I'm pretty new around here so I could be totally wrong on this, but I thought it was a fairly universal estimate on these forums that 2015 is a pretty good estimate for KH3. If KH3 was coming out that year I really can't see anyway it wouldn't be on the PS4. Generation 8 will be totally alive and in action by then without a doubt.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Considering that Sony's goal is to eventually make it to where any game from any Playstation Console era can be streamed to Vita and PS4, I think future KH games need to be made for PS4. I believe it may be best to make KHHD 1.5 Remix for PS3 right now and later on for PS4 as well. Then KHHD 2.5 Remix should be made for PS4, and KH3 for PS4. Also at this point they should just make Versus XIII for PS4. There isn't a reason to make games exclusively for PS3 anymore, (Except ones already close to being finished for PS3) But for games in production for a 2014 release or beyond, just focus on PS4 now. Once Sony plans for streaming any previous Playstation/2/3 games is complete, there will be no need for past Playstation Consoles.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
We should see how we'll the PS4 performs before assuming which games will be made for it. Of course it'll sell, but the Wii U is struggling(unsurprisingly) and I'm also factoring in how the system will do critically.

As for the 2015 release potential of KH3, just because a generation is in full swing by then doesn't mean the previous one won't get exclusives on occasion. Though its unlikely.

But it will keep getting games. The original play station kept getting titles long after PS2 was adopted and a lot of them were multiplats without even being ports. Similar for this past generation of games, though its usually ports now.

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
We should see how we'll the PS4 performs before assuming which games will be made for it. Of course it'll sell, but the Wii U is struggling(unsurprisingly) and I'm also factoring in how the system will do critically.

I wouldn't say the Wii U is struggling in the slightest. While it isn't selling as well as the Wii did (then again, I doubt any system ever will sell as well as the Wii did in the first few months) it is still doing just fine. The thing with the Wii U though, is that it isn't so dependent on 3rd parties to make games for it though considering Nintendo has such a robust number of great 1st party games that they can support the system in the meantime before it picks up speed and more 3rd party developers come along to join in. Sony doesn't have that same luxury so I wouldn't incessantly compare the 2 (if that's what you're doing).

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Well, they had it once with the PS2 in full blown capacity.

And while I know that there were a lot of reasons the PS2 was the most successful console in its generation, I bet that the ability to play PS1 games without much hassle was at least one contributing factor to it as well.

It's practically the same issue with the Nintendo 3DS, with it being able to play NDS games as well there's already a huge games library available and people can cash in their old console to help funding the new one if neccessary.

I agree having a large library of games already at the launch of a console is a good strategy. I'm kind of annoyed Sony's not including it again, I was kind of hoping they'd only do it with the PS3 and Vita. I also don't really like what seems to be their idea of fixing the lack of backwards compatibility, seeing it seems like you'll have to rebuy your old games making the old disc useless... Couldn't they have made a peripheral to plugin and play old games? Because I'm definitely not rebuying any of my old games.

Considering that Sony's goal is to eventually make it to where any game from any Playstation Console era can be streamed to Vita and PS4, I think future KH games need to be made for PS4. I believe it may be best to make KHHD 1.5 Remix for PS3 right now and later on for PS4 as well. Then KHHD 2.5 Remix should be made for PS4, and KH3 for PS4. Also at this point they should just make Versus XIII for PS4. There isn't a reason to make games exclusively for PS3 anymore, (Except ones already close to being finished for PS3) But for games in production for a 2014 release or beyond, just focus on PS4 now. Once Sony plans for streaming any previous Playstation/2/3 games is complete, there will be no need for past Playstation Consoles.

That just sounds like a bad marketing strategy, if anything they should try and release it on both PS3 and PS4 if that is easily doable, if not just release games for the PS3 seeing that in 2014/early 2015 only a handful of people will actually have a PS4. I know I'll wait with getting a PS4 until it's been out for at least 3 years or has dropped below 300.- CHF, this way they can work out the bugs and I can get a better version. It's especially a good idea to release them on the PS3 considering that as you said the PS4 should eventually play ps1-3 games, which means it would still be played on a PS4.
Also it's important to note that SE would have released BBS on the PS,2 if it wasn't delayed by Re:CoM, which was also released for the PS2 even though the PS3 was out for 1-2 years. So it's not unreasonable for us to believe they'll release a game for an old console 2 years after it's successor has been released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back