• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PS3 to get DVR functions in Early 2008

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_Star

Stylin' on Ya
PlayStation 3 to get DVR functions in early 2008 // GamesIndustry.biz
Sony is to launch a digital tuner for the Playstation 3 in early 2008, offering programmable TV recording functions to users of the next-gen console.

Warwick Light, sales and marketing manager for Computer Entertainment New Zealand, revealed the details to local website The Press, promising to "transform the PS3 capabilities so as to meet people's changing entertainment needs."

"We're also hoping next year – about the same time that Freeview launches its terrestrial broadcasting service – to release a digital tuner for the PS3, turning it into a programmable TV recorder," said Light.

Freeview services are expected to launch in New Zealand next March.

Although some industry watchers expect an announcement regarding the service to be made at this year's Leipzig Games convention, Sony has previously refused to comment on the speculation.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Hopefully, it will still stay to $500 or else its going to take longer for me to get it.

I

Inuyashigan

uhh, neo, only the 60GB PS3 is $500, and Sony said as soon as the 60GB PS3's run out of stock and disappear, they won't make anymore, and the 80GB $600 will replace it. So it really never was a price drop, just a clearance sale...so you mite wanna make a run for the deal...

anyways....to me the ps3 is looking less like a game console and more like something Sony should bundle with their plasma TVs >_>

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
^yeah there was a price drop cause they drop the 60 and instead of a 20 GB they are making a 40GB which will actually be 400. But i hope this DVR function is one of those things you can by and install yourself into your ps3 cause that would be awesome to have.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
This sounds interesting. I wonder if it will be able to record video from games as well.

pwninator

This should be interesting, just another reason to get yourself a PS3 if you ask me. If they follow through with this its bound to only increase sales on the system by even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back