• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PS3 Recommendations in 2022

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zackarix

Awards
Recently I got a PS3 to play FF13. Getting a whole console to play just one trilogy is obviously a bit silly even if you manage to snag one for dirt cheap like I did, so what PS3 games would you recommend to a KH and FF that I can't play on PS4?

Any recs for for games available on PS1 and PS2 classics are also appreciated. I've been enjoying Persona 3 FES.

Also, are the KH PS3 collections worth it for the separate trophy lists?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Zack; I wouldn't say that the KH3 ps3 collection is worth it if you got ps4 version. I got the ps3 collections BEFORE the ps4 and at the time it was worth it, but the ps3 IS missing a few cs's on the "movies" that the PS4 has (tho you can view them on youtube). FYI, I'm not getting the ps4 collections until my PS3 dies if that tells you anything tho.

But yeah, I'll be watching this too; My brother got me the Arland Atelier Trilogy which I need to mess with more!

Also I got FF13 myself tho I got the other two on PC since my pc can handle it. Not sure about any other FFish games.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
If you want another platinum you could get the PS3 collections of KH. I wouldn't say it's worth it personally. The loading times are way more awful, especially in BBS.

If you are interested, you could play the original Persona 4. Golden is obviously better, but I heard many people prefer the original's difficulty.

Zackarix

Awards
If you are interested, you could play the original Persona 4. Golden is obviously better, but I heard many people prefer the original's difficulty.
I'm content waiting for the Golden port in January. The reason why I got FES is that it has enough unique content from Portable that it's worth getting both.

I keep eyeing Digital Devil Saga and the Raidou Kuzunoha games on PS2 classics, but given that ATLUS has recently realized that people will buy ports even if they don't add a bunch of new content I'm afraid to get them because they seem to be the logical choice for remasters after Nocturne and Persona.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I vouch for the Ratchet and Clank/Sly Cooper/Jak and Daxter series as all classic platforming games. God of War series too if you're down for some disembowelment and boobs.

AegisXIII

Awards
A lot of remasters on ps3 are not available for other consoles. I would recommend the god of war collections and jak and daxter collections (those ones are available on ps4 but with an ugly emulator format that doesn't have anti aliasing).

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Eternal Sonata was a great little JRPG that's stuck on PS3 and 360.

Drakengard 3 and NieR (the Gestalt version where you play as a father) are both stuck on that console generation.

Tales of Xillia 1&2 and Tales of Graces F are also still PS3 only. The Symphonia Collection on PS3 is also the only way to play an HD version of Symphonia 2 if you'd have any interest in that game.

For PS1 classics that still haven't come to another platform yet: Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy Tactics, Xenogears, Wild Arms 2, Mega Man Legends, The Misadventures of Tron Bonne, and Mega Man Legends 2. All solid classics still not released past that generation's storefront.

Back