• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PS2 FF games HD remake confirmed? *UNCONFIRMED*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
The decision Sony finally came to is the one already in play, HD ReMastering.

"Re Mastering didn't come up until about two years ago. For a developer, ReMastering in HD took a moderate amount of time and effort to achieve, and with the right title it could be very successful. Once we noticed the benefits of HD ReMastering, the decision was made to use God of War 1 & 2 as the test for the market, and they delivered."

The God of war Collection has sold almost 2 million copies to date.

"The God of War Collection had reached almost a million copies sold just after the holiday.Shortly aftter that Activision, EA , UbiSoft, Konami, and SquareEnix were all on board to issue ReMastered Edition of their best Playstation 2 Games."

The idea of burning the PlayStation fan was an issue considered; however, Sony felt issuing a firmware update only helped retailers like GamesStop sell more copies of games Sony and other developers spent time and money making.

"The industry's best developers are ReMastering their best games. Prince of Persia, Shadow of Colossus, and ICO are just the beginning. When fans see what Konami's doing to the Metal Gear series, and what Square's doing with Final Fantasy, they're going to be very happy."

Playstation 3| Baclwards Compatablity |Blu Ray, PSN | Playstation Plus | Playstation Network

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
Wow! I hope they don't use the god awful HD packaging that we've seen so far :p/

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Not the boxart, but i hope its something like this not the Godofwar ones.

2q9i3x3.jpg

another one
oacivt.jpg

Key

Exile
Awards
^^^ i really like those covers <33

I'm so excited now, I've wanted to play all the older FFs but my PSOne died a while ago..... and i haven't played FFX in YEARS, this would get me to play FF again for sure <3

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
I assume it'll be an Amano cover titled Final Fantasy Legacy or something akin to the PS1 anthologies.

I'm really REAAAALLLLYYY hoping it's all widescreen too.

LoLWuTT

Was the Typo in the Article too? Or did you just press the T button by mistake?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I wouldn't care about a HD-remastering of, say, Final Fantasy X, but rather if they could go back and get some of the fucking dialogue, writing and voice acting to not be so terrible.

Pratiko

Awards
Uh, FFXII with Zodiac Job System? FFX-2 with Last Mission? FFX with Dark Aeons?
Ehm, KHI with Xemnas Fight? KHII FINAL MIX? KHreCoM on PS3?
Gawd, give this to us! Why does all the good stuff lie in just a few islands of the world, when it could be in all it's damn continents <.<

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
FFXII

Oh yeah, now we're talking. I would gladly put over 100 hours into that game again.

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Gaddam. I've been dreaming about this for years. Anyone know any quick sales stats on Final fantasy games versus KH games? Because if the KH series counts as one of the ones being remade *drools until salicylic acid burns through keyboard*
God can you just imagine a remake of KH1 FM, Re:CoM, and KH2 FM on PS3? The cutscenes on number 2 already look phenomenal, I can just imagine them on the big screen. And I'd be more than happy to play some FF games again in HD, never finished 12 and never saw X for sale so I'd love to pick those up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back