• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► PS Vita? Which version should I get?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Before I say anything, I don't want people to go all "eh the vita ain't worth buying" or "VITA IS DEAD AND SUCKS" on this thread. I'm really interested in this console and I would just like suggestions, not fanboy rants.

I'm really interested in the Sony PlayStation Vita, but there's one problem. I don't know which version to get. Many people said that the original PS Vita fat is much better than the Slim because of the beautiful OLED screen. Others say the Slim is much more worth it because of it's much more light and has better battery life.

I keep making decisions of which one to get back and forth, but I just can't make up my mind. Not to mention the ultra expensive memory cards.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Honestly, the visual difference between OLED and LCD screen isn't that much, but the difference is still noticeable. Be wary that OLED technology hasn't been perfected and pixels may black-out.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
I can guarantee you will almost never take your Vita outside of your home precisely because of its lack of support, which was why I ended up getting rid of mine. Take a third option and buy the Playstation TV instead. Save yourself the money – it's significantly cheaper, and most of what's worth playing is compatible with it. Obviously, I encourage you to take a look at a compatibility list first to see if the games you're interested in playing work on it before you decide. Off of the top of my head, Persona 4 Golden, Muramasa Rebirth, Virtue's Last Reward, and Ys: Memories of Celceta are all compatible. Gravity Rush unfortunately isn't, but I attribute that to Sony wanting you to buy the PS4 remaster instead.

I also can't fail to mention that the Vita game upscaling on TV is fcuking gorgeous. PSP games (provided you bought them on the PS Store) also render pretty decently. And while it's not the greatest, there's even a touch cursor that allows you to perform touch operations if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back