• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PS Vita turns 5 years old today

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Happy birthday, PS Vita!

Time flies! It's already been five years since the system was first released in Japan.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
My favorite handheld I rarely use because I treasure it ;~; <3

Personally, it's up there with the 3DS. It's a shame Sony completely abandoned ship with it, and I can't honestly see them entering into the handheld market once more. Even so now that dedicated handheld market is morphing into the mobile side.

But yeah, Vita has some great games on it, even better niche titles.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I've been literally trying to track one down in my town as a gift for my nephew since he expressed interest in it and has a PS4, so other than Vita-exclusive games, he'll be able to do remote play.

Alas, I have had no luck locating one in my price range ;-; Ironic that I'm having such a hard time finding it on its 5 year anniversary.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
hmph, it's been around for more years than there are games for it.

that's right!

(kicks over stack of Vita boxes)

ps vita has no GAMES!

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I love all 4 of the games I do have, though.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Only had mine since earlier this year I think, not counting the Vita TV bought back in late '14. It's been ok but I guess aside from higher res screen & trophies it doesn't really outclass 3DS in my eyes. I never got around to upgrading the memory card (own like 3 8GB cards) so I never felt much need to buy many games for if I couldn't fit them on it.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Happy Bday Vita! I had big hopes when you released. 50k developers used to make games for you. Now you're a ghost town.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
It truly is though. I've been saying that for a while now. It's going to have a very vibrant and dedicated indie scene even long after it's officially been discontinued. You have the whole Limited Run Games thing going on too. I feel like most people who own a Vita loves it, but so many people have never given it a chance because it doesn't have that many AAA games beyond those that came out during it's first year.

If you're interested in games published by NISA, Atlus, Aksys and that lot you will find much to love about the Vita. If you want more Killzone, well... I guess it's not for you.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Eh, I never really cared for the Vita, since it didn't have any interesting games.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Eh, I never really cared for the Vita, since it didn't have any interesting games.
persona-4-golden-listing-thumb-01-psvita-us-27jan15

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards

Probably the best game on Vita. Granted, it was originally a PS2 game, but to quote David Bowie's stutter: Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes.
I also enjoyed playing Danganronpa & Virtue's Last Reward on there, but I believe those are available on other consoles/systems.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I've heard that GA was pretty average compared to the console siblings. Kinda like the PSP GoW games, mechanically competent & does the job of recreating the general feel but hardly ground-breaking on it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back