• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pronunciation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's purely Opinionative.
:p

Then why say it 'makes no sense' and will confuse American children, if it's really only that you like the sound of one better? I'm just gonna go with, you changed your mind halfway through this thread.

Exavier

I hate you all.

I don't think all NA fans are stupid, but most are. "OMFG AQUA IS SORA'S SISTER AND TERRA IS RIKUS DAD."
Things like that it was give me little faith in our future.

Anyway. We're only putting in our inputs of how things will be pronounced. It won't even matter cuz we aren't controlling the production of the game.
Vanitas is latin and will sound like Van-ee-tus. (Which sounds correct, and I'm a mexican.)
Im ok with it. And if its Ex-blade or any other form, im cool with it too. But im sure its Kai-Blade.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I don't think all NA fans are stupid, but most are. "OMFG AQUA IS SORA'S SISTER AND TERRA IS RIKUS DAD."
To be fair, those could've easily been legitimate theories, early on. Not everyone is as educated in KH as some of the members here.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Except that, you know, it -does-.

Then why say it 'makes no sense' and will confuse American children, if it's really only that you like the sound of one better? I'm just gonna go with, you changed your mind halfway through this thread.

You're trying to tell me my own thoughts.
That's hilarious.

The whole time I've been saying that it doesn't make a difference.
And I've stated it from the beginning that I prefer the "Ex" See below quote:

luap911 said:
I think it makes more sense to be "Ex"

I hate you all.

I love you too.

That's YouTube I believe.

Me too.

Anyway. We're only putting in our inputs of how things will be pronounced. It won't even matter cuz we aren't controlling the production of the game.
Vanitas is latin and will sound like Van-ee-tus. (Which sounds correct, and I'm a mexican.)
Im ok with it. And if its Ex-blade or any other form, im cool with it too. But im sure its Kai-Blade.

Okay, then.
It's all opinions anyways.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
You're trying to tell me my own thoughts.
That's hilarious.
See, when you said it made no difference, I assumed you meant the pronunciation/what they call it in game made no difference, not that you were dismissing your own opinion.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
While we're on the topic then, I say change Keyblades to Keyswords, it just makes more sense to me.

It DOES make more sense. Blade originally only meant grass, and the meaning didn't extend to cover cutting tools until like a century later, so it would make sense to a much more amount of people who play the game who are mainly kids (who have a reason to not be smart enough to understand words with several meanings i.e. they're young). Sword always meant a weapon, so less people will do confused

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
See, when you said it made no difference, I assumed you meant the pronunciation/what they call it in game made no difference, not that you were dismissing your own opinion.

When I said it doesn't make a difference, I meant that what kind of "X" is used doesn't matter.
I didn't want the Greek "X" to be said as "Ex"
I wanted the Greek "X" to be changed to the English "X", which has the pronunciation of "Ex."

It DOES make more sense. Blade originally only meant grass, and the meaning didn't extend to cover cutting tools until like a century later, so it would make sense to a much more amount of people who play the game who are mainly kids (who have a reason to not be smart enough to understand words with several meanings i.e. they're young). Sword always meant a weapon, so less people will do confused

The English "X" and Greek "X" are different letters, so, that shot your trying to take at me, which I put in bold, doesn't work.

Also, here is the definition of "blade"

blade
n.

A slender, sharp-edged object that is at least twice as long as it is wide.

That does define the blade of grass or blade of a sword.

Last edited:

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Reasons?
The only purpose of it being "X" is that it's symbolic for the cross between light and darkness, and either "X" fulfills that purpose.
Except there was more to it than that, which is what you seem to be forgetting.
The Greek Letter "X" also comes with the meaning of "ultimate" or "death". That is meaning that adds to the X-Blade.
The Greek Letter's pronunciation also plays a keypart in the reason why it was called X-Blade, as it gives it a name that is extremely similar to Keyblade (something that is purposeful in the game, as well as what contributes it to being a great name).

The English "X" has nothing to it. It's just a letter, with a sound.

Changing it from the Greek "X" to the English one strips it of meaning. Yes, the English one would still have the "cross between" meaning behind it, but there was more to the name than just that. Changing it has no purpose other than to strip meaning. And -that- is what is stupid about it.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
We've already been through this.... twice.
Our argument is just going in a loop.
Can we just end it?

Allister Rose

French Lover
well i think kai blade still sounds cool, so i guess theres no point in me arguing about it. though the argument could've been less longer.
from how it originally started

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
-sigh-
I understand those things, but I also understand that they don't matter to the game's story.
They may not drastically affect the game's story, but that doesn't mean they don't matter to it.

The name meanings behind Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Vanitas, Sora, Riku, Kairi, Naminé, and Xion don't drastically affect the game's story, but they still matter and have significance.

Allister Rose

French Lover
They may not drastically affect the game's story, but that doesn't mean they don't matter to it.

The name meanings behind Terra, Ventus, Aqua, Vanitas, Sora, Riku, Kairi, Naminé, and Xion don't drastically affect the game's story, but they still matter and have significance.
nah....they don't matter in general, not even SRK - TAV connection was explained in-game, it was just a little thing nomura did. Xion? i think the meaning behind it is the only reason why they left her name pronunciation the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back