• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pronounciation: Xion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coolfresh1224

i thought when an x was at the begining of a word it made the z sound. exp: xigbar,xemnas,xaldin.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I don't give a shit how the Japanese say it, I speak English thank you very much and I will proceed with the way of pronouncing the X the way I have been taught. Which includes; Zemnas, Zigbar, Zaldin, Vecksen, Lecksayus, Zecksion, Sai-ucks, Acksel, Demicks, Lucksord, Marlucksia, Larkseen, Rocksas and Zion.

I had some guy chew me out in RL the other day for saying, "Zion". I don't really give a shit how it's pronounced because the only way that matters to me is how I wanna say it.

TwilightLegends

How do you pronounce her name?

I usually pronounce it as shione/shi-own/shi-oh-n

But then my friend told me that she doesn't have a silent E at the end so it's pronounced shi-on.

Now i'm fine with both of those pronounciations, but I just want to know which one is the correct one..

*From the English trailers I don't remember hearing her name clearly.. "/
I'm pretty sure its She-on, I'm not 100% sure though

EDIT: I could have swore I'd seen a cutscene or something with Axel pronouncing it like that.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
i thought when an x was at the begining of a word it made the z sound. exp: xigbar,xemnas,xaldin.

It does.

In the English language.

Apparently, I don't know why, those at SE decided to stick with the Japanese pronunciation of "Shi-on" (like Marlusha), which is kind of dumb compared to how we say all the members' "x" names.

Technically, the correct pronunciation of Xion is "Zee-on". So no one is wrong on that account.

After the game, though, we'll be hearing constant "Shi-on" since that's the way the company, or whoever the hell was in charge of the names who apparently didn't see the other Organization members or did not do research, made it like.

It all depends which one you like better. I'm sticking with "Zee-on" no matter what the game says ^o^.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Always pronounced her name like Zi-on in my head from that "ion" part. I'll probably still call her that even after I've played through the game cause I'm stubborn like that. ^^

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
I like Shion better.
If it was meant to be Zyon then it wouldve been that way in the Jap game.

That means its either shion or zion because the jap language cant make a zi sound so they make it shi. the english one will say which it is.

Bellaisima358

is now a legit Black Belt in XMA.
I call her Zion. Shion is kinda different.....and I prononced Marluxia as mar-loo-k-see-a.

So is it Zion or Shion?????

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
It is Shion. You can say it however you wish, though.

A

Azrael

Who honestly gives a shit?

It's Shion to the company but I'll say Zyon

RoXaS_1

.....shion...??????????????

what's wrong with everyone?????
and who's shion??:confused::23:

Last edited by a moderator:

xDENLINx

^ To the dude above,

No double posting, read the FAQ.

Shion, is how Xion is pronounced. Xion is a character from 358/2 days.

Jimothy

I like Zion much better than Shion. Shion sounds a bit awkward when I say it, just like Marloosha. I'm not good with Sh-sounds.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
Shee-On

Its prounonced like that, becuase Shio means wave, or something liek that.

Thats probably why they pronounced Marluxia like Mar-loo-sha, to make it seems less weird...does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back