• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Promise I'll never keep [KH/SoNami]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Fandom: Kingdom Hearts
Time frame: Post KH2
Characters: Sora, Naminé
Word Count: 621

------------------------------------------------

Promise I'll never keep

"You remember, don't you? This place, and what it means to us?"

It was after the sun had set, and the stars were shining brightly in the indigo skies. The ocean breeze blew past, rustling tree tops and guiding the waves to caress the shore. A lone teen stood there, gaze set upwards as he clenched in his hand an old piece of wood that still remotely resembled a sword. He stood there as though listening to the waves as he received no other answer to his question. It didn't stop him from speaking again, though.

"That night we were both here, looking up just like now. It was a sight to see, wasn't it? All those stars shooting down, drawing bright lines over the sky… so many wishes I tried to make… you remember it, don't you?" He asked as he took a step forward and stared down at the waves that washed up to his toes before pulling back again.

"You should remember it better than me." He whispered then as he turned a smile at the moon. "How I couldn't decide what to wish for. How you stood there, shivering, and were so, so scared..." He raised his hand up, pointing the sword at the brightest star he could find. "I said that if anything came our way, I'd just hit it back to space. I was a silly kid, wasn't I?" He half laughed at his own silliness before switching the wooden sword hands. The next he reached up, he was gripping onto a magical, enormous key, the legendary weapon that chose him and turned his life upside down. "I probably could now, though. Hell, if you wanted me to, I could probably bring down a star for you!" The teen declared proudly, happily even, only to turn and look at his Keyblade a moment later with nothing but sadness shining in his eyes.
"For all the good it did my promise to you."

The blade was lowered even if his eyes remained lifted. "You'd probably say I never really made it… that you made me think I did. But isn't that what counts, really? If it's something I accept… isn't that good enough?" His eyes followed the waves then as that momentary bit of hope and determination ebbed away.

"For all the good it did my promise to protect you."

Eyes shut and fists clenched around both weapons, he shook his head before offering the moon another smile, a bitter one this time.

"So it really doesn't matter, does it? If it's one broken promise or two. You won't be mad at me, will you?" He fought off the urge to bite onto his lower lip, knowing his voice will fail him once he did.

"If I didn't thank you."

He let the Keyblade vanish as he raised the wooden sword at the horizon. "If I don't… So long as I don't…" Both hands fell to his sides a moment later as he said almost all he had to, and felt he had barely enough resolve left to utter one last thing.

"You won't have a reason to disappear… will you, Naminé?" The poor boy uttered pleadingly, calling out to a girl he never truly knew. She on her part leaned against the tree she made him remember she hid behind and held both hands against her chest. Her head was bowed as though in shame, yet whether for past actions or present ones, she knew not.

"Promises… are meant to be kept… Sora."

She was as see-through as the ocean on a sunny day, but she was indeed very much there. So long as there were promises left to be broken.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
That is a cute 'fic, but sad. I really like your writing style, Smile. :)

Shadow-Love

Nice, but a little muddled at the end. If you spaced out Sora and Namine's lines it'd make them easier to read. All in all it was a beautiful piece of work.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Ya, ya, it's very nice

Ya, ya, I hopez to reds more

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
I like the idea of Sora delaying the moment to thank Namine so that she has a reason to keep on existing, though doing so means he has to break a promise to her. This fic reminded me that those two seriously need some closure.

It's short and sad, but good. Nice work!

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
This was so sad... Even though I never liked Sora, I feel bad for the guy. :c
And like Org-chan said, the delaying of the thanking was a great idea. The fic was so sweet, so depressing, and so good. <3

blackberi

So tragic ;A;
Short but very emotional. I really love your writing style and your dialogue, as always. <3 I loved it.

White-Light

Aww that was beautiful <3

I love the idea of Sora not keeping that promise so Namine won't disappear.
Namine says promises are meant to be kept, but Sora won't because he wants to keep her there with him T_T

Thank you very much for posting the link to this.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I still have a weakness for sad stories and this makes for one of the best works I've seen from you so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back