• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Project Momentary: WIP, Seeking Collaboration, Help, Etc.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you like this idea? Would you participate?

• Hell Yes! Let's get it going!

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Not really.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care. An RP is an RP.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
Project Momentary-- An Original RP that deals with old fairytale, mythical, etc. villains coming to life, and the effort to stop them. That's all I have at the moment.

This is the basis for one of my newest Role-Play ideas. Essentially, what I'm going with here is kind of a "13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo" feeling, something wherein these villains have been locked away into their stories--what better way to hold a person than to keep them closed in a book? At any rate, I would like some collaboration with this. Tell me if you like it, if you don't, suggestions, etc. What I'm looking for is the following:

1. One or two people who will brainstorm with me on a regular basis. Contact needed (via PMs or Messenger or whatever).
  2. General ideas: What should the setting be? Overlying (or underlying) Themes? How many people should be allowed to be in this? Sandbox? Etc.
  3. A general gauge of interest. How many people are interested? (Vote at the top please)
  4. There is no 4. 4 is a lie. Just like the cake, just like your hopes and dreams.
Story So Far:
-
Several villains have escaped from their stories.
- Europe
- Early 1800s
- Steampunk (to an end)

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I expect you knew I would want to help out in some way when you of all people posted this, right?

Lord of Chaos

Orion said:
I expect you knew I would want to help out in some way when you of all people posted this, right?

No. No idea. Well, kind of, but I don't try to assume things unless there's a good basis for it. Welcome aboard. >:D

Darkfyre said:
Hmm... This seems rather interesting. I'll help if I can.

Sweet. I will send you two a PM with included info.

1Gannon1

This seems like a cool idea, but what about this idea as well: The heroes were also imprisoned in their respective stories, and we have to set each free to help at stopping the final villain.

Lord of Chaos

1Gannon1 said:
This seems like a cool idea, but what about this idea as well: The heroes were also imprisoned in their respective stories, and we have to set each free to help at stopping the final villain.

While that's kinda neat, I did consider it before and I'd rather just do the villains. That's not to say the heroes won't make an appearance... =D

Alaude Drenxta said:
Got a little more information?

What, in particular, are you looking for?

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I has an idear but methinks you has enough assistance. Besides, with the sticky brains between all of you, you've probably come across or thought of what I just kerplunked.

Lord of Chaos

Go ahead and suggest it, Professor. Any suggestion will be considered.

Also, I have read a few stories from "Fables", mainly dealing with the Legends in Exile storyline. Though I never finished it, and yes, some inspiration IS going to be drawn from it.

UPDATE: Setting has been decided for the most part. This is going to take place in Europe, probably during the early 1800s. There will be elements of Steampunk to this. The update shall be placed on the original post.

valyon_lightstar@hotmail.com -- My MSN messenger. Add me if you want to collaborate or suggest anything.

Last edited:

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Well why not have RPers portray either the villains who have escaped or the would-be-heroes in an attempt to configure the nature of good and evil via both sides of the proverbial mirror of fates, and in that also provide some quality reading material for later reflection and glee? At least then it wouldn't be as cheesy as five teenagers and a dog waddling around solving mysteries (though I loved the original show as a child).

Understandably, anyone probably came to this thought-burp and realized it's simple potential, despite the fact that it could also destroy everything that forms the foundation of an RP -> Inactivity/Activity Argument.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
Setting was one thing, but that seems to be answered. Also, I wanted to know, will it include existing stories and mythology? Just "fairy tales"? Or are you creating new legends and stories? Is it just a series of unconnected "chapters", or is there a single, underlying plot behind the madness?

Also, what sorts of creatures and fairy tales will you be referencing?

Lord of Chaos

We will be using Fairy Tales, I believe. Why? I love them the most. If I need to borrow from anything I'll borrow from Folktales, since they're most closely related. Villains like the "Big Bad Wolf" and "Rumplestiltskin."

If it helps, think of this in terms of the TV Series Supernatural. They've dealt with Fairytale villains before, and I love the realistically savage approach they give. That's what we're aiming for here.

Anyway, since setting is decided, that gives a better clue towards the end. Now, the next big question is:

Powers or No Powers? Should the characters adhere to outlined templates (depending on what kind of character they wish to be) or should it be freeform? Also, do you want heroes in this as well (from Fairytales, Folklore, etc.)?

Lord of Chaos

1Gannon1 said:
Wait, if these are wussy villains like big bad wolf then I really don't wanna be a part of this.

So, one of the foremost and earliest werewolves, a symbol of all that is violent, and one the few written villains in fairytale history to actually win (even if he was later defeated), is a wuss?

Then by all means, don't join.

MOST OF THE DETAILS HAVE BEEN WORKED OUT. THIS WILL BE UP SOON!

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
I was pretty much thinking the same thing. The Big Bad Wolf was one of the baddest dudes in fairy tale history. XD

Looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back