• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Project Kingdom XIII - UPDATE [12/11] Double fun December

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XTREEMMAK

Website
keyjaycompound.com
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]UPDATE [12/11/2017]:[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]Greetings all,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I hope you are all doing great and staying warm for the winter! With the year almost over (yay KH3 IS GETTING CLOSER!!!), we have an exciting update for Project Kingdom XIII! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]November was met with an unfortunate delay due to unforeseen circumstances, however for the month of December, I bring you TWO gifts! So expect a new track for Project Kingdom XIII on December 13th and another on December 25th, downloadable for free via the PKXIII playlist on Soundcloud and YouTube.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]If you haven’t already checked out the first track released for the project, it’s never too late to get your spoopy on. Check out the six part acapella cover of “This is Halloween” blended in with “Spooks of Halloween Town” by Yoko Shimomura here:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=630qZjiANwQ[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]As always, you can expect direct updates if you sign up at the project’s website over at http://pkxiii.com [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]More tracks to come in the coming year. I will shoot for as many tracks as I can. Looking forward to all your comments and feedback and it’ll be a pleasure entertaining you further! Please remember to like, share, and subscribe.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Happy Holidays![/FONT]
---------------------------
Hey all,

Earlier I introduced myself in the Foyer and mentioned a project I'm working on. I apologize if this comes across as "spammy" due to me being a new user and all, but I honestly would appreciate your feedback, ideas, and advice if necessary.

I'm currently in the planning stages of a Kingdom Hearts related music production with a couple of local artists and musicians. This will be a semi large production and I'm already in the process of securing the licenses necessary for use of the songs in light distribution, as well as securing a few commercial studios to record and mix the sessions apart from my own.

The basis around the idea will blend "Simple and Clean" along with "Passion" from Utada Hikaru into a brand new song with creatively ironic lyrics and metaphoric references, with shattering performances by 4 main artists including myself, and if my budget allows, professional grade mastering.

I would like to know if I should proceed with this production or not? Depending on the interest around the KH community, I might consider talking steps to securing more musicians and expanding this single song project to a 3 track EP, more than likely all being available for free (next track I'm thinking of is a sort of reprise of "Scherzo di Notte").

Any advice, concerns, ideas, questions, etc would be helpful. I'm really looking forward to making this track; its been floating around in my head for a while and I'm happy I'm getting closer into putting the production into action ^-^.

What's on my plate now is meeting and chatting with studio managers and musicians to iron out recording game plan and smoothing out budget details. Till then, any and everything is appreciated and looking forward to your comments!

Cheers!

UPDATE: "Simple and Clean"...right. Fixed it ^_^

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Re: Project Kingdom XIII - For lack of a better name ATM

Go for it! Looking for any editors or mixers or anything? I'm a musician myself, I'd be happy to help with anything you may need :)

Also, are you a singer or an instrumentalist? Just curious :D

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards

Squee! My brethern! I like this idea, I hope the project goes great! It sounds exciting! :D

XTREEMMAK

Website
keyjaycompound.com

Go for it! Looking for any editors or mixers or anything? I'm a musician myself, I'd be happy to help with anything you may need :)

Hey there,
Sorry for the response delay; got tied up yesterday. As far as either front (music or editing) goes, if you have a portfolio, please send it to me! I'd love to check you out!

As far as myself, I'm more of an instrumentalist, but I do sing as well. I have a couple of works featuring my voice on my YouTube channel. One was a NiGhts into Dreams cover where I did a 6 part acapela.

XTREEMMAK

Website
keyjaycompound.com

Hey there,
Sorry for the response delay; got tied up yesterday. As far as either front (music or editing) goes, if you have a portfolio, please send it to me! I'd love to check you out!

As far as myself, I'm more of an instrumentalist, but I do sing as well. I have a couple of works featuring my voice on my YouTube channel. One was a NiGhts into Dreams cover where I did a 6 part acapela.

Squee! My brethern! I like this idea, I hope the project goes great! It sounds exciting! :D

Thanks Howler, I'm really excited for this project :D

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

Hey there,

I'll send you whatever I have, but most of them are just my own compositions I've mixed xD You've gotta give me a week though, I haven't done it in a while.

I'm an instrumentalist, too! Trombone and Tuba mostly, although I haven't recorded more than a handful of times myself. I'm going to school for music ed, not performance haha

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Cool idea! I'm very interested in collaborations. Though I'm more proficient with singing and voice over using Adobe products (you can hear me in this thread), I've started composing with software like Anvil Studio, looking into other software (FL Studio, etc). Of coarse singing doesn't mean there has to be lyrics, I've done "oohs" and "aahs" for some other videogame arrangements.

XTREEMMAK

Website
keyjaycompound.com

UPDATE:
Hey guys! It's been a while since I announce this as a prospect project, but I'm am now heavily in production and would like to give you an idea of where this project is headed...and maybe a small treat ^_^.

The Project's Initial Flow:
Right now, I'm working on the track that was mentioned above which is named "Should I Stay". As mentioned before, the song is a remix that loosely follows "Simple and Clean" and "Sanctuary" by Utada Hikaru. I have some new details on that track.

The style of the track will be a blend of rock, electronic, and interestingly enough hip-hop, featuring two main vocalists; a female and male singer (very good btw), and a rap duo to fill the track. The track borrows arrangement details from the originals (some lyrics and even some of the reverse lines from Sanctuary :3), but takes its own chances by creating new rhythmic directions, interesting key changes, and brand new lyrics; injecting aspects that you may already find familiar in a cleaver sort of way ^_^. I'm really putting my all into this one and hope you will enjoy it when finished!

What Comes Next:
Well, I want to record a studio video for this as well. I've secured our recording space but I'm still looking for a guitarist at the moment. But more importantly, after this track is complete, I do plan on opening up the project to an EP of at least 3 tracks. HOWEVER, I also plan on Kickstarting it so I can possibly take the EP up to 7 or more tracks.

What other tracks are Planned?
For the initial three, "This is Halloween", and a unique track based on Final Fantasy (no, not One Winged Angel. It's something else, and somewhat of a surprise XD) but in the vein of Kingdom Hearts (possibly getting some special help with this one).

For the kickstarted, I won't spoil it for you, but in the pipe line, a new track based off of Hallow Bastion and Scherzo di Notte (have to clarify the name, but possibly thinking of naming it Rondo di Familiar Notte), featuring a four string quartet and a few other musicians including the ones mentioned in "Should I Stay" (they're already excited for it. Me too XD). And of course, Dearly Beloved is in there. Who knows, when we get more details on KH3 (including Utada's new intro song due soon), we might be able to do some more based on what we know from that upcoming game.

Suggestions?
Needless to say, I wouldn't mind a few song suggestions that you guys might want to see us do/remix or covered. Perhaps something extremely out there like....idk....that one song that plays one time when Sora turns into a Heartless or something....for whatever reason XD.

Conclusion
That about covers everything thus far guys. Its a huge undertaking for sure, especially considering how far I want to take it. I possibly will start a small site for email signups and notifications, and I do plan on visiting my local con in the next few weeks to help spread the word; I'm doing all a single guy can atm lol.

With that, I leave you with a very small rough preview of part of the song. I still have some ways to go and there are no vocals just yet, but it's coming along nicely.

Take care and ENJOY!

https://soundcloud.com/keyjayhd/should-i-stay-wip/s-8lEMH
QLbHtGpdJrpr0N6wNGk7VWS4uYFjTEZTnlQ_wacQJt6kGxd02-N6mzlLSbA-L9pBLede41vDSbYGM2d4yxu2ZY2VY9n30-izpatGAg4iHzkUV--AprFru4SvS69-PeGjOyTNOoou

Last edited:

XTREEMMAK

Website
keyjaycompound.com

[FONT=&quot]UPDATE [07/23/2017]:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I've officially just launched the website for Project Kingdom XIII! Be sure to view on your PC/Mac for a special movie.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://pkxiii.com[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Also yes,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I do realize the name is also "Pixie". Wasn't intended but nice. Heck, maybe Tinker Bell should be our mascot :D[/FONT]

XTREEMMAK

Website
keyjaycompound.com

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]UPDATE [12/11/2017]:[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]Greetings all,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]I hope you are all doing great and staying warm for the winter! With the year almost over (yay KH3 IS GETTING CLOSER!!!), we have an exciting update for Project Kingdom XIII! [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]November was met with an unfortunate delay due to unforeseen circumstances, however for the month of December, I bring you TWO gifts! So expect a new track for Project Kingdom XIII on December 13th and another on December 25th, downloadable for free via the PKXIII playlist on Soundcloud and YouTube.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]If you haven’t already checked out the first track released for the project, it’s never too late to get your spoopy on. Check out the six part acapella cover of “This is Halloween” blended in with “Spooks of Halloween Town” by Yoko Shimomura here:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=630qZjiANwQ[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]As always, you can expect direct updates if you sign up at the project’s website over at http://pkxiii.com [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]More tracks to come in the coming year. I will shoot for as many tracks as I can. Looking forward to all your comments and feedback and it’ll be a pleasure entertaining you further! Please remember to like, share, and subscribe.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Happy Holidays![/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back