• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Programming Language?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackSeven

Awards
Hi all, was wondering if anyone here had any experience with programming? I've wanted to get into it for a while but can never find myself willing to spend so much time to learn it. I've learned the basics of Java a while back but am currently interested in C# or C++ game programming. I was wondering if anyone had any advice concerning what the "best" language might be, I know C++ can be a bit more complicated but more flexible, while C# is a bit easier especially since I'm thinking about learning the Unity Engine to speed up the process. I'm kind of interested in app making, but iPhone uses Objective-C, and it doesn't seem like I would be able to use Objective C if I ever want to make a full program besides applications. Grr, why can't we just use a single programming language for everything! Advice or tips? Much appreciated.

D

Deleted member 36435

python is a really easy scripting language to get into
won't help much with games but w/e

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
If you just want to get practice, python is good to start out with. You could also download one of the Express editions of Visual Studio and try something in C# or even VB. I'd recommend against going into game programming starting out. That can get complicated fast. You could pick out some problems on, say, Project Euler or some other problem/project list if you just need something to hammer out. For example, one I've heard is creating your own movie catalog program/database, where you track movies you have and pull info about them from some external source (e.g. imdb). If you want to try out app programming and you've already stepped into Java some, consider doing some Android apps then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back