• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Problems with the game and Square Enix Support

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SadFan

I’m here crying, all because of Square Enix.
I pre ordered the Japanese version (I live in japan) of KH3 assuming it would have English language options the same as the last Final Fantasy game.
Got it to find out it doesn’t, I contacted Square Enix (I think american) support who then told to contact European Square Enix support and they might be able to replace my game with a English version, so I did that, I contacted European support and told them my issue.
I waited a day with no response only to get a email after a long wait basically only appolgieizibg for the delay in response and a link to click if I want to cancel my ticket (please notice the complete lack of assistance or “support”)
I waited another day thinking perhaps that email meant they would properly respond soon.
Another day passes and I got a email asking for customer feedback and found out that my ticket had been closed.
I sent another message to European support, actually hoping for support, waiting another day and got the same email as before with no actual support!!!
I sent another message to them, and once again a delayed response.

By this point it was the 29th.

I saw that I was not gonna get any “support” so I listed my Japanese game for sale for much lower than the price I brought it for (because resale prices, still hasn’t sold yet) and ordered from amazon online.
I’m taking atleast around a ¥4000 ($40) loss when you consider resale price, sale fees, shipping costs etc!

But because I waited so long for support, I didn’t order from American amazon until the 29th meaning no pre order bonus keyblade code (despite the fact I pre ordered in the first place and am literally paying more, if not double if no body buys my Japanese game)

I sent a message to the original support line and got the fastest response to date.
All I did was ask that they give me a pre order bonus keyblade code because of all the above reasons.
They replied saying that they don’t need give out free codes.
I replies saying that it’s not free, I paid for it and the reason I’m not getting it is because of their lack of support and bad advice.

Then they responded saying they can’t help me and has seemingly blocked me.

I know many of my people are currently enjoying this game, and I’m so happy for you all.
But can you please spare a few minutes to help me.

Send a message to Square Enix support, comment on their Facebook, on their twitter etc, saying that their treatment of a customer (me) is not ok.
Because if they treat me like this, they could treat you like this too!!!!

SadFan

I also have screen captions of the emails from “support”

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I'm sorry but maybe you should have checked if the game would have a language option before making the purchase. Any amount of searching would show that not only has a Kingdom Hearts game never had a language option, but they also went and changed the mouth flaps to better suit each version. It was never going to be as easy as a toggle for this game. Don't assume that Kingdom Hearts = Final Fantasy.

SadFan

Yes, I will admit that was foolish of me, when I pre ordered there was no solid information either way.
i took a risk, and I will own that, the issue is still with Square Enix support who failed to give me aduquate and timely support.
as I stated one support said another support might be able to give me a English copy of the game, so I contacted that support and got no proper support for several days on end.
if I had received adequate support saying there will be no dlc language options or there would be no chance of me being given a English game (I was given that hope) I would have cut my loses, tried to sell my Japanese game earlier and brought a game from American amazon in time to be able to get the pre order bonus.

the issue is not with the language options, the issue is with the poor treatment from Square Enix Support

Thorf

I sympathise with you. As a matter of fact, I was under the same impression as you — that there would be an English option — up until the eve of release. And I researched it, too. The trouble is, official sites almost never make any mention of the language, and pre-release the information isn't necessarily easy to find.

In my case, I read somewhere (can't find it now) that there would be a language option, and given FFXV's option it seemed legitimate. It was only when reading Nomura reviews on the 24th, just 7 hours from release, that I came across comments about problems fitting the game onto the disc, and realised that a language change option must therefore be impossible. Another search brought up sources confirming the lack of a language option.

I ended up buying a second copy of the game from the US PlayStation Network Store.

As it happens, my family is bilingual, so we will play through both versions. But I still wish they made the available languages a bit clearer on the official site.

Sorry to hear about your issues with support. I hope they sort it out for you. Have you tried going back to the original support request (the one that suggested you might be able to get your copy exchanged)? They may yet be able to help you. You could explain what happened with European support and ask if they can help.

Back