• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Probably just a coincidence, but....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I'm a teacher, and today we're doing a problem. Well we had 20/7. Which is about 2.8. Instantly I thought, "no way! 20 pieces. 7 of light! I wonder if that also played a part in calling it 2.8." I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence. But still. It's interesting.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I sometimes wonder if someone at Square Enix was just playing with a calculator, Nomura just happened to see a couple mathematical coincidences, and decided it would be a great idea to make that the title.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
tbh i have an autistic brother and comparing his affinity for numbers to KH titles explains a bunch.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm a teacher, and today we're doing a problem. Well we had 20/7. Which is about 2.8. Instantly I thought, "no way! 20 pieces. 7 of light! I wonder if that also played a part in calling it 2.8." I'm pretty sure it's just a coincidence. But still. It's interesting.

Japanese people are very intelligent. Their reason are very multi-faceted. So, maybe 2.8 also had that reasoning behind it.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

That..actually makes a surprising amount of sense! It's a pretty cool idea and may at least partly explain why Aqua's game is 0.2 instead of Birth by Sleep: Volume II so that it can all add up to Kingdom Hearts III.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
That..actually makes a surprising amount of sense! It's a pretty cool idea and may at least partly explain why Aqua's game is 0.2 instead of Birth by Sleep: Volume II so that it can all add up to Kingdom Hearts III.
Nomura already explained that it's called 0.2 because it's not a full game. It'll only last about the length of a world

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Nomura already explained that it's called 0.2 because it's not a full game. It'll only last about the length of a world
I still wouldn't be surprised if they had some additional reasons behind the title choice. Square Enix does have a thing for multi-faceted, meaningful names for the things they create.

Besides, that's a rather oddly specific choice of a number to use to express incompleteness. Most people would probably use 0.5 instead. (Although SE has already kind of done that, with I.5 and II.5. And I swear this is the only thing I've ever seen that has mixed Roman numerals with Arabic decimals...)

laddyboy12

I think it's safe to say that the next game we'll be getting is KH 4. KH 1.5 + 2.5. Nomura just decided to skip over KH 3.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I still wouldn't be surprised if they had some additional reasons behind the title choice. Square Enix does have a thing for multi-faceted, meaningful names for the things they create.
Birth by Sleep was literally named BBS so Nomura could reference bulletin board systems, and Dream Drop Distance was named such to use a reason to call it 3D. I'm not holding my breath.

Besides, that's a rather oddly specific choice of a number to use to express incompleteness. Most people would probably use 0.5 instead. (Although SE has already kind of done that, with I.5 and II.5. And I swear this is the only thing I've ever seen that has mixed Roman numerals with Arabic decimals...)

Nomura specifically said that if 0.2 had been the Birth by Sleep Vol. II it was supposed to be it would have been viewed as a 0.5. It's not really because of its worth as a title, it's about how much of the timeline it covers.

You're right though, the .1 leftover before 3 starts most likely refers to the Xehanort portion of the plot at the start of the game. I'm betting that Xehanort's the start and then when his scenes are over the game starts with the KINGDOM HEARTS III title as the games do. Nomura kind of alluded to as much.

Sage-Oracle V

Good catch, but if that were entirely the case, nobody would've treated it like their theories actually applied to reality.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
For the record, I was aware of the real reason for the numbering before I made the thread. I just thought it was an interesting coincidence that the numbers worked like that.

Pandymint

Awards
The darkness and light combined and they.... Still aren't old enough to drink. In America, at least.

Emperor

^ They're old enough to go to war though, which is funny considering what's supposed to happen in KH3 if they clash.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
what are the potions made from?

wake up people

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Cure water, some herbs, a dash of white magic? I thing Bravely Default gives a more specific ingredient list...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back