• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PRO Codes playthrough

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

andreverts

Awards
Hi guys, I'm starting a new playthrough of Kingdom Hearts III and would like to earn all the achievements of the DLC.
The most annoying one is to reach A rank with PRO Codes.

I have a doubt about the difficulty: I know that all the guides out there suggest to do it on beginner mode, but I'm an hardcore fan of the series (got all the trophies/achievements in all games), plus I already completed the main game on critical mode, so I was thinking about challenging it on standard mode.
Is there a big difference between beginner and standard that may affect this completition?

Honestly I didn't like Kingdom Hearts III very much and don't want to put big efforts on it, either I dislike the idea to just go through the game by spamming attack and kill everything. What I'm searching for is a balance (I always played the games at the maximum difficulty since the PS2 times).

Cumguardian69

Awards
ALL Pro Codes is a terrible grind because you have to play many bosses with basically nothing but Ultima Weapon (other keyblades do terrible damage @ lv1 because osaka never balanced the game for lv1 play). For what it's worth, you can take off pro codes in mob fights because only story bosses count.

If you want to have an easier time, play with all codes on EXCEPT for no formchange - Hidden Potential is a huge game changer for damage output.

With All codes on except No FC, you should get Risk Taker easily with around 10 data fights

andreverts

Awards
Reached the graveyard with 98.750/105.000 points, it should be enough considering that I'm on standard mode (I switched off the cure code for some battles).

Before diving in the last world, I'd like to max the Ultima Weapon and increase Sora's stats.
Considering that I've gone through the game pretty fast, any suggestions on must have treasures with ATK+ or DEF+ that I may have skipped?

Last edited:

andreverts

Awards
151.000 on 165.000 out of the main game.

I lost some points against Dark Inferno (disabled two codes), but really couldn't figure out how to deal with him during his last form.

I feel pretty proud of myself by the way.
The target is to complete Re Mind's story and around 10 data battles for the A-rank.

Cumguardian69

Awards
I lost some points against Dark Inferno (disabled two codes), but really couldn't figure out how to deal with him during his last form
Blizzard is your friend for the last phase, counter kick if you're not feeling it otherwise counter impact for maximized damage

andreverts

Awards
Halfway through the data bosses.
I'm missing these 6: Xemnas, Ansem, Xigbar, Larxene, Marluxia and Saïx; but only 5 are necessary to reach rank A.
Which one should I leave behind?

AegisXIII

Awards
Definitely Xemnas. This one is crazy.

Larxene should be easy. Saix has some patterns you can learn.
But mostly, what I would do is all of them with some pro codes disabled.

andreverts

Awards
I had a tremendous time with Saïx! Xemnas instead has been really quick and easy; anyway, I did all of them with 10 codes and I've 356k points now.
I must use some codes against one of the last two: who is easier between the Master and Xion?

Cumguardian69

Awards
I had a tremendous time with Saïx! Xemnas instead has been really quick and easy; anyway, I did all of them with 10 codes and I've 356k points now.
I must use some codes against one of the last two: who is easier between the Master and Xion?
I would use codes on Xion over MX.

MX has more BS in terms of outside projectiles (he shoots lasers that sometimes clip you through dodge rolls, among other things). MX has more time spent defending than attacking, and he has more alternating phases between guarding and blocking than Xion does.

andreverts

Awards
I did it! Followed your suggestion to focus on Xion and got my last 15k points in order to be sure to obtain rank A.
Beating the Master without codes has been a total satisfaction.

I have a question about EZ codes: do they unlock automatically in ALL my saves files when I beat Yozora?
I would like to get the merits on my first playthrough on critical.

Cumguardian69

Awards
EZ Codes are unlocked on that file only. It's like a final consolation prize alongside Crystal Regalia+

Back