• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Princess of Hearts in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcana-Key

Awards
As a random sidenote from someone that hardly speaks, having Light doesn't mean lacking an uh, personality? We see Kairi get upset, a little ticked off, she's spunky and definitely has a smidge of a little, uh- not quite anger, but definitely a something going on there. She's not a bastion of all that is Holy and Pure in the traditional sense. She holds a great degree of care and selflessness in her Heart though, and definitely goes out of her way to do what she believes is right for the people that she cares for. Heck, she even overlooks the whole Riku is saturated in Darkness thing because of the bond they share.

Or maybe this is just alternative character interpretation and maybe I'm just a silly billy on a tilly. I don't know, on the thing related to the thread-

I do believe that the PoH will have some sort of role in the game. They've played some part in the last few, aside from KH2 and Coded, I think, so I have a feeling that they may have something to do with KH3. Hopefully, maybe. Possibly.

yunami5

Awards
I kind of think the only reason they might not of made made Ariel a princess of heart is because of her being a mermaid.It's just a guess, and a rather stupid one at that, but eh.

Ventus_

Awards
I kind of think the only reason they might not of made made Ariel a princess of heart is because of her being a mermaid.It's just a guess, and a rather stupid one at that, but eh.

No, they could have had Ursula use her desire to see other worlds to trick her into legs and then sent her to Hallow Bastian in human form. In fact, she has a line in CoM just before you battle her that suggests that they had actually intended this route but abandoned it.
"You wanted to see other worlds? Well, I know just the one, but this will be a one-way trip!"

I believe, the reasoning is just that they preferred Ariel as a party member. As far as I'm concerned, it still would have fit in after the first Ursula battle. I don't know why they didn't take more time to think that through.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The Princesses will be relevant again. As stated in KH3D, Xehanort will target the Princesses if Yen Sid and co. deliberately avoid forming their seven lights. The Princesses are also being focused on in KHx

redcrown

Awards
No, they could have had Ursula use her desire to see other worlds to trick her into legs and then sent her to Hallow Bastian in human form. In fact, she has a line in CoM just before you battle her that suggests that they had actually intended this route but abandoned it.
"You wanted to see other worlds? Well, I know just the one, but this will be a one-way trip!"

I believe, the reasoning is just that they preferred Ariel as a party member. As far as I'm concerned, it still would have fit in after the first Ursula battle. I don't know why they didn't take more time to think that through.

I always thought they should have gone this route in KH1, too. Having Alice as a princess was an odd choice and doesn't really fit her character too well.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
here in japan, alice and wonderland stuff is super popular! i see merch for it all the time. i wonder if that was ever a factor lol

Scorpio

The Princesses will be relevant again. As stated in KH3D, Xehanort will target the Princesses if Yen Sid and co. deliberately avoid forming their seven lights. The Princesses are also being focused on in KHx

This is primarily what I was intending to bring up as I was combing through this thread. The whole point of Mickey and Yen Cid rushing to form the Guardians of Light is due to the Xanatos Gambit Xehanort has played by setting up Org XII ver 2.0--agents of darkness-and kidnapping the Princesses of Heart as Maleficent did in the first game, in his never-ending bid to unearth Kingdom Hearts and the χ-Blade. If this means returning to some of the PoH homeworlds to necessitate the grander plot of KHIII remains unclear.

This is pure fan conjecture, but I assume the significance of the PoH, as a plot device, was because there wasn't that big of a plan to make KH into a series initially, and since the villains were primarily of the Disney variety, before pulling a Sigma/Gannondorf and bringing in Ansem at the very end, the PoH were written to have a huge cosmic significance in the known worlds, since princesses are very synonymous with the Disney brand.

As far as I can discern, the gimmick of the PoH having not a smear of darkness is, as I mentioned, a grand cosmic cycle, as those hearts seem to reincarnate every generation, and those born with them, while certainly not devoid of "impolite" character, generally grow to become kind and trusting people.

here in japan, alice and wonderland stuff is super popular! i see merch for it all the time. i wonder if that was ever a factor lol

Wow, really? That's interesting. Do you mean the Disney version in particular, or does that include the Lewis Carroll novels as well?

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I only got one question:
How could one "retire" from being a princess of heart? I mean, it's not like Kairi could say "I retire!" and suddenly there would be darkness in her heart, right?

Maybe she just wants to live the rest of her life in a beach house cashing in her social security checks.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Maybe she just wants to live the rest of her life in a beach house cashing in her social security checks.

well see now, that light in her heart is like a little voice telling her that she shouldn't.

Koopa Sensei

The story of Xehanort saga could have went well even without all that Princesses of Heart stuff. They're just a tool for moving the story forward (in case of BBS). I hope they get a bigger importance in the next story arc.

Muke

whatever
Awards
a tool for moving the story forward
5fd6191df3085e00535a8d295dc49b1b.png

what
no
never
omg

Koopa Sensei

In Birth by Sleep the Princesses of Heart are just inhabitants of their respective Disney worlds and aren't important to the overall story, except that Terra was "forced" to extract the heart of the Sleeping Beauty, but he could do something else just as terrible if they needed a "Terra lets the darkness overtake him" plot twist.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
PoH's have been human MacGuffins from the get-go. It's not likely that this will ever change.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Please flesh the Princess out outside of their movie archetypes. It was kind of surreal seeing all the Princess interacting with one another in the first Kingdom Hearts.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow, really? That's interesting. Do you mean the Disney version in particular, or does that include the Lewis Carroll novels as well?

both! if you also mean 'britishy-rabbits-and-clocks-and-cards-and-girls' themed stuff that isnt necessarily labelled lol.

redcrown

Awards
Please flesh the Princess out outside of their movie archetypes. It was kind of surreal seeing all the Princess interacting with one another in the first Kingdom Hearts.

Also how they suddenly had the eloquence of queens when telling you about holding the HB keyhole back.
(seriously if you play it again watch how they act and talk totally OOC even for their simple movie portrayals)

Alpha Sonix

Also how they suddenly had the eloquence of queens when telling you about holding the HB keyhole back.
(seriously if you play it again watch how they act and talk totally OOC even for their simple movie portrayals)

Yeah, holy moly did I find that weird. I could never imagine Cinderella or Snow White talking like that. I do think they stuck to Belle's character quite well though, at least. Since she was in the Hollow Bastion library in KH1 you'd think she would have read at least a book or two before she was sent back to her world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back