• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Prince of Tennis

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

quitejaded

I Do Phoenix.
Website
xanga.com
Hm, I just watched the first episode of this anime on internet Toonami. I really enjoyed the first episode. I wonder if there any fans. Does the adrenline keep up like this through out the series and how many episodes?

K

Kazeth

I watched it.... and i liked it. I want to know when the next episode is coming out.

Siryu

Website
www.myspace.com
...I think I just saw Hell watching that...

Ryoma Echizen-kun's voice is-is...so off from Miss Junko-sama! It's too emotional to be Ryoma Echizen and it makes him sound 16, when in fact he's 12. Sakuno is too loud is actually quite shy and quiet! The grandma and the teenagers were the only ones with voices that fit that and...Momo's voice makes me want to slit my wrists. Hoepfully, it will get better over time, I hope.

Agh! They slaughtered the dubbing and no "Mada Mada dane" from Echizen? @_@ That's the coolest phrase he says!

I wonder how all the other players voice will be like? Pure terror!

quitejaded

I Do Phoenix.
Website
xanga.com
What's mada mada dane?

I thought the boy's voice was too deep to be a preteen, but they do that a lot in anime, especially when the child is supposed to be a prodigy.

I hate shy quiet girls in anime. I'm glad they changed her personality a bit, then.

Japanese are so weird...

Siryu

Website
www.myspace.com
Well, the thing is she has a crush on Ryoma obviously and wouldn't it be kind of annoying if a girl is like this to your face "OMG!! RYOMA!!!!! BLAH!!BLAH!!!"

I'd be like "Bitch, back off. I need to breath!"

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
OMFG! MADA MADA DANE IS HIS SIGNATURE QUOTE! THAT'S WHAT MAKES ECHIZEN ECHIZEN >O

It stands for, "It's not over yet" or "I'm not through yet". He says it when the other person gets over confident so he can make them angry to try and destort their stragety :3

Voltron

Silver Member
i really liked it i dont the the japenese version of it i whatched a japenese version of sailor moon yes sailor moon and it scared me

SharinganBlue

AMV Maker
I watched the entire series in Japanese and it was good up to a decent ending. Plus I watched the movie when everyone was on a cruise ship and with Ryoma's brother Ryoga. Now I'm watching the OVA.

Though I never watched the English version, I try not to cause I use to originality.

quitejaded

I Do Phoenix.
Website
xanga.com
Balmung102 said:
OMFG! MADA MADA DANE IS HIS SIGNATURE QUOTE! THAT'S WHAT MAKES ECHIZEN ECHIZEN >O

It stands for, "It's not over yet" or "I'm not through yet". He says it when the other person gets over confident so he can make them angry to try and destort their stragety :3

In the english version, he reverts to "Still want me to teach you?" which is a lot more damaging than "I'm not done yet". =_=

That is a sexy 12 year old.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Well to the japanese, it may not be. To us yes it is, but most of us don't technically know how the japanese would actually respond to each statement xP

letsplaycroquet

Premium member
I love the PoT manga. WHICH YOU SHOULD BE READING QJ!

I've seen only a bit of the anime on YouTube. It pwnz00rszz.

YOU ARE A PEDOPHILE!!!

Did I mention I love tennis, and also pwnz00rszz at it? Now that you mention, I have to wake up early for a tournament T_T

Last edited:

Siryu

Website
www.myspace.com
quitejaded said:
In the english version, he reverts to "Still want me to teach you?" which is a lot more damaging than "I'm not done yet". =_=

Actuality it doesn't mean "I'm not done yet"

It stands for "You're still not ready"

Like in saying "What? That's all you got?"

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
>.> Well like, all I know is from the fansubs and that's what I read so yea v_v I'm not japanese so I wouldn't know.

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
are you kidding me? they dubbed it? those bastards

ahem, yeah im a fan, ive watched them up until echizen went to the us open, i havent been keeping up wince that, sine no one is uploading subbed versions of the nationals at youtube, i could torrent it, bu i havent yet. go cyclone smash!

quitejaded

I Do Phoenix.
Website
xanga.com
Haha! In the beginning with those guys "A 12 year old? No way!" That was really really horrible acting. But you know, the japanese could be just as bad. Sometimes you can feel the good acting when you don't understand the language. Not sure if I felt something good there.

The boy's voice is more 12 year old-ish in Japanese but what do you mean the english has too much emotion? The Japanese sounds like he has more emotion than the English to me. Or if you noticed the emotion in English, it sounds a little more... cocky.

The girl is NOT shy in the japanese! She's louder in the English, but she's not a mouse in Japanese.

Also, the Japanese theme song is crap.

mendia <3 said:
YOU ARE A PEDOPHILE!!!
XDD

And Mendia, I wish you could teach me some tennis. I'm terribly bad! :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back