• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Sorry. It just sort of shares the same kind of epicness as LOTR does. A huge battle at Alamut in the beginning of the movie. A large realistic, artistic world including the snowy mountains. And an adventure to take the dagger to the guardian temple like taking the ring to mount doom. I love LOTR more, but POP made me remember those incredible films.

So, any movie with battles, decent scenery, and a large fetch mission equals LOTR?

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Sorry. It just sort of shares the same kind of epicness as LOTR does. A huge battle at Alamut in the beginning of the movie. A large realistic, artistic world including the snowy mountains. And an adventure to take the dagger to the guardian temple like taking the ring to mount doom. I love LOTR more, but POP made me remember those incredible films.

You just compared a swords-and-sandals movie (that's all it's been reduced to) to LOTR. s1angrypple

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
Man for a budget this big, I'd figure they'll do a better job with the visual effects. I give it a 3.5/5
It many be too early to tell, but it's not doing too well at the box office. I was hoping for a sequel.

wushuman90

I don't know why people are saying the SFX should have been better. Compared to even Avatar. The environment is too breathtaking. Though if you are talking about the rewind then that's ok. I saw a few problems with it.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down
Ha. I spoke too soon. This film is doing well at the foreign box office already crossed $100 million globally. And Wushuman, I was talking about the sandstorm, sandglass, and snakes. It looked too fake.

Last edited:

Raebus

I thought the special effects were pretty good and didn't notice the "fakeness" of sandstorms and such. :p

It was an alright movie with likeable characters, though it went on a bit too long for my liking. I got kind of bored near the end and that usually doesn't happen, but it was alright.

wushuman90

It's the movements. Some of the moments didn't resemble of what it looked in normal time when time was being rewinded. Just in SOME parts though.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
So I went and saw this just because I could it and it started after my shift ended.

Uh taking the dagger to the mountain is no way reminiscent of taking the ring to Mt. Doom. The ring took three movies. The dagger took maybe 10 minutes when they decided that's where they were going. The world was artistic, sure. Realistic? No. The special effects were so whack and that battle at Alamut was nothing like any of the battles from LOTR.
You essentially insulted LOTR by even mentioning it in the same sentence as this movie.

I don't know why people are saying the SFX should have been better. Compared to even Avatar. The environment is too breathtaking. Though if you are talking about the rewind then that's ok. I saw a few problems with it.
All of the special effects were noticeable. You could see the snake was an effect, the dust storm looked stupid and the big expansive location shots looked under-rendered. The point of a special effect is to go unnoticed so as to serve the movie. That did not happen here.

Anyway, Prince of Persia is basically one giant popcorn flick. Very Bruckheimer-esque. It's nothing special and the ending is kinda lame. On Wushuman's scale, I'd give the movie a C+ I guess. A B- would be very lenient.
On a standard scale, it's a 3-star movie. It's not as bad a Uwe Boll game flick, but it doesn't set a new standard. Just something to watch if you have two hours to kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back