• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Re: Prince of Persia movie

I think they should have used someone slimmer let alone someone with some aerobatic background. THis might be good but i will wait till a trailer pops up. Jake really has come a long way since Donnie Darko.

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down

too bad, they pushe back the movie to May 2010.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards

Eh. I love Prince of Persia games, but movies made after games are generally fail.

Well, Disney movies are generally good and they have a good team working on the film, so we'll see.

Wait a min, Disney >.> do I sense a PoP cameo in KH? lol

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards

No .

The games are owned by Ubisoft, and not by Disney, so no.

Your point?

Are FF games owned by disney?

Erm... no. Yet they are in a Disney game.

Is ubisoft making the movie?

No. It is a disney film.

Anything can happen. I'm not saying it will, but you can't just flat out say no.

Deals have been made in the past to crossover many titles dude.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns

Your point?

No. It is a disney film.

Anything can happen. I'm not saying it will, but you can't just flat out say no.

Uh who else developed KH. Oh thats right the guys who do own the FF characters. PoP wont be in a KH and should never be in one. Its way to good of a game to downgrade it to put it in KH.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!

Your point?

Have you heard of a little company called Square Enix? Square Enix is the developer of the KH series so that gives them the right to put FF characters in KH.

No. It is a disney film.

No, Ubisoft is not making the movie, but they have full rights to the game series.

And just because Disney is DISTRIBUTING the film, that DOES NOT mean PoP will appear in KH.

They would need to aquire the gaming rights of PoP from UBISOFT before they could put it in KH.

Actually, I can. And besides, PoP would suck if it was in KH. Putting PoP in KH is a PERFECT way to downgrade it, as blinkboy said.

So Ubisoft's just going to let Disney and SE use their characters? No.

Ryu

an obscene gesture

In all honesty I like Jake Gyllenhaal, but I wasn't sure if he could pull off a mediterranean look. The above picture helps soothe my mind a little, because he actually does start to look alike. I usually prefer lesser known yet skilled actors to star in a movie like this though, preferrably supported by a well-known talented actor/actress; like Toby Maguire had Kirsten Dunst in Spiderman, McAvoy had Jolie in Wanted, off the top of my head. Combinations like those often seem to work out well.

In any case, whether it ends up to be epic or crap, I'll be seeing it in theatres when it gets released. Gyllenhaal combined with one of my most played series should provide me with somewhat of a treat at least, regardless of what critics will say.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards

lol.

You guys take things way too seriously.

And nah, I've never heard of Square-Enix.

Still, anything can happen. I'm not saying it will, but it could if the parties wanted it to. Chances are they wont. The thought will probably never cross their minds and I honestly wouldn't want it to either. However, using absolutes in this matter, my friends, is not quite correct.

Last edited:

Ryu

an obscene gesture

the movieshould be good cuz the games are

Because that is exactly what happened to the movies of Doom, Final Fantasy, Dead Or Alive, Hitman, Street Fighter...

Y

Yannis

Because that is exactly what happened to the movies of Doom, Final Fantasy, Dead Or Alive, Hitman, Street Fighter...
I liked the Final Fantasy: Spirits Within.

Tetsuya Nomura should direct a sequel for it with Steven Spielberg xD lol

Home bound

Just Caaaalm Down

i have a feeling this movie will be visually stunning.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards

An MGS movie would be amazing. . .Just remove the gameplay, lol.

Eh, he doesn't look half bad, but still, I doubt he'll sound like the prince from the games, which is a damn shame.

Well, FF and Hitman were both good movies, so it can be done. Just highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back