• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Prima Games to Release Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX Game Guide

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Mine still says the 13th. Their preorders were full so they had to remove the product though.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Plenty of factors probably came into play when it came to this guide. They probably were late on making it, late printing, inability to commit to the timeframe due to other projects taking priority.

Yeah, I get what you mean. This happened with the Diablo III guide for consoles. Both the regular and CE guides were supposed to release the same day as the game (and they did in retail stores) but online retailers had delays by up to two weeks because of time issues.

At least Prima is being smart and avoiding that little conundrum.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Well, I didn't preorder it since I'm hoping GS gets the guide, but if not, to eBay it is!! Unless of course I can get it from Amazon if they put it back up IF GS doesn't have it >_< It'll all work out (hopefully...)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Well, I didn't preorder it since I'm hoping GS gets the guide, but if not, to eBay it is!! Unless of course I can get it from Amazon if they put it back up IF GS doesn't have it >_< It'll all work out (hopefully...)

Amazon has it up for pre-order for $21 right now. If you buy it at GS, I almost guarantee that you'll pay full price for it ($34.99).

kupo1121

Awards
Yeah, I just checked my GameStop and they are not getting it as far as they know so I might just pre-order it on Amazon tonight ^_^

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
The Prima facebook page is only advertising the Amazon listing, so maybe that's the only place it's available. But yeah, even if GS does get it in eventually, Amazon always has the cheapest price. Even if it's by four cents, they're always the cheapest place to buy just about anything.

hopkinsa3

Now it's saying that the Strategy Guide is backordered on Best Buy so looks like you guys were right.

kupo1121

Awards
Well I preordered it at Amazon anyways, can't wait to receive it, still kind of sad it's coming out so late...but it's not like anyone should have a hard time finding a guide on the internet for any of the games at this point.

Aurora

Amazon now has the guide listed as releasing on October, 15th. I was really looking forward to getting my guide next week :frown:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Amazon now has the guide listed as releasing on October, 15th. I was really looking forward to getting my guide next week :frown:

Seriously? Aw man. So was I! I had it marked on my Mac's calendar and everything.

At least TGS starts tomorrow night. Maybe the possible announcement of 2.5 will soften the blow.

kupo1121

Awards
Is it still preorderable? And will it be hardback? I haven't checked, and guides don't last long with my siblings in paperback...

Here is a link to the page:

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix: Prima Official Game Guide: Mike Searle, Cory Van Grier: 9780804162654: Amazon.com: Books

Yes it is still preorderable and it should be hardback based on the description they give which says:

- Collectable hardcover printed on high-quality paper

so that is really nice. And October 15th? Are you kidding me? Does Prime actually expect the guide to sell? Who is gonna buy the book that late into the game besides the dedicated fanbase. By October 15th, most of my casual friends will have been KH1, Days, and Re:CoM and are gonna be on their next big game, Pokemon X and Y so I think that's just laughable. Guess I'll stick to the online guides for chests then :p

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, judging by how late it's coming out, dedicated fans will just use it as eye candy. Most of the hardcore folks will have already platinum'd the game by then.

The hardcore audience probably had no plans to buy the guide to begin with xD This is definitely meant more for casual players who need help or, like you said, dedicated fans that like to stare at pretty things.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
That's disappointing. Was really looking forward to getting this next week. :(

And only one week in advance is this setback announced. Makes one wonder if they encountered a problem with the prints.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
The only difference with the Kingdom Hearts game from the old guide,(if any of you guys still have yours and still want to use it. I use it at times because I forget some things. xD) What I noticed was that the chests moved around and there are new heartless and the synthesis. That's it... I mean I found out about the new heartless by going online and the same with the synthesis, but the chests is nothing bad. The are in the same places in the old guide, but different things are in it. Like for example in Deep Jungle, I found a chest that was suppose to have dalmatian puppies, but instead had a gummi. But when I was at the keyhole area, the chest that suppose to have that gummi, had the puppies instead. So IMO, I say that if you still have the original Kingdom Hearts guide, still use it! Just not for the synthesis and strategy over the new heartless.

But also, reason it's prob a good idea to buy it is because it has the CoM info too, so that's useful since there was wasn't one when the original came out. But if you're like me and is poor, I go to online walkthroughs. xD

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
That's disappointing. Was really looking forward to getting this next week. :(

And only one week in advance is this setback announced. Makes one wonder if they encountered a problem with the prints.

That would be my guess. I'm bummed about this. First Blizzard delays Diablo 3: Book of Tyrael by a whole month and now Prima delays the 1.5 guide by two extra weeks. This is not cool. And I was going to get my guide the same day that the new season of Big Bang Theory started. It would have been a great day.

Oh well. It happens I suppose. After all, I'm one of those people getting it for collector purposes anyway. By the time I get it, I'm sure I'll already have platinumed KHFM, or be about to and not need the guide. The guide will definitely help me platinum Re:CoM though. I was terrible at the GBA and PS2 version of that game. I'll need all the help I can get for playing it on Proud.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I just got an e-mail from Amazon saying the guide will now not be released until October 15th. Has anyone else gotten this email?

Here's the link to the actual Amazon Page

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix: Prima Official Game Guide: Mike Searle, Cory Van Grier: 9780804162654: Amazon.com: Books

I'm tempted to just cancel my pre-order as I'm not really needing a guide to help me beat the game

Yep. Just got an email this morning. Mine is now expected to arrive October 17th, since it'll take two days to get to my house after they get it in stock on the 15th. I'm annoyed, but I'm still holding my pre-order. I mostly just want it because I like strategy guides. I normally don't actually use them all that much. Although, I did use my original KH and KH2 guides so much that they were falling apart by the time I did 100% in each game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back