• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Price of Gas?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Αzerin

?Templar Queen?
Website
magistream.com
So, there was a thread for this a bit back. With the economy as unstable as it has been and going bad, I just wondered what amounts everyone has been looking at now. Have your prices risen lately? Are they the same? Have they been going up and down?

For me (I live in the south, just to say), when the economic trouble w/ housing etc. was first announced, my prices shot up from the $3.60-.70 range up to $4.00+. I noticed that they dropped slowly after staying that high for a short while. I came from town recently and the price was down to $3.15--a price that hasn't been seen in some time. How has things been for you?

Feel free to also state any other price changes you have seen, if you wish. (Groceries, and so on.)

Last edited:

Ren

adios motherfucker
I dunno the exact numbers, but the gas prices have dropped in my area.
It's definitely going to rise again, though. The overall price of gas is never going to go down.

Trimms

Here, from $4.00 to $2.88 in a week. Holy shit.

I live in Michigan, near Detroit.

Avalon

?Templar King?
Website
knightly-gamers.com
Gas where I am was around 3.70 a gallon last month. Then all of a sudden it slowly went down by a dime or so every 4 days. Lowest I saw was up the street. 2.75 a gallon. Filled up three five gallon canisters and filled car tank up.

Also, Milk. Damn thing went up 35 cents in two weeks time here :/

Cissy

Bronze Member
Gas went down tremendously. My father says it's because summer is over, so the overall demand for gas has lowered. Thus, the better prices.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
That and the elections, eventually they will go up moderately, but you are right with winter rolling around the price will decrease to some extent.

Key Kaliber

I was watching the news at like 5:00 am (i have to catch the bus to school VERY early) and the anchor said this:
Anchor: The price of oil has gone down to $110 a barrel...
Me: *turns around so fast i almost get whiplash* WHAT?! :DDD
Anchor: ...in China.
Me: NUUUUUU!!!! DD: (stupid U.S.)

Ren

adios motherfucker
Just checked. $3.50 over here.
I hate the people who think that drilling in the US is going to alleviate the problem.
I'm waiting for the plug-in cars in 2010.

Whose states are lowering speed limits?

Αzerin

?Templar Queen?
Website
magistream.com
Whose states are lowering speed limits?

I don't watch the news or anything, but I haven't even heard anyone speak of anything of this sort. So maybe no for here? I see like no one following the speeds here, anyway. Someone flew past us and another car going over 80 in a 50 or so speed zone. Me and mom have seen lots of near wrecks cause of stuff like that. *shrugs*

What's reason are they giving for that anyway? just wondering.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Isn't the price of a barrel of oil like. . .less than $80 now?

Shouldn't gas be like. . .$2.00, or better yet, $1.50?

It's $2.88 here (an hour south of St. Louis Missouri).

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
People in Europe have it a lot worse then Americans do, to be honest. It runs somewhere around seven dollars a gallon in some places.

Duo_forbidden

Dance with the Dark Side
It went down where I live as well. It went down by around 20 to 30 cent. The prices are like $2.50 at the lowest $2.65 the highest. I was thinking "WTF?!"

Αzerin

?Templar Queen?
Website
magistream.com
It's taken me like two days to post this. Anyway, my mom's been excited. Gas dropped 16 cents in a day. The day after i made this thread i was riding in town, and even now, gas at every station is still $2.99. Nice.

Last edited:

Αzerin

?Templar Queen?
Website
magistream.com
Lol, your mother was exited after two days? That's a long bedding session. . .

Lol, yea, I hope it was good and keeps her in a happy mood for a while. It'd be nice, and maybe I can get her to buy me shizz at the store<.<

Lol, no really, I made a typo, and I do have a weird way with words.
Anyway... .-.

Ren

adios motherfucker
My dad heard something about them doing that around my area on the news. :/ Some speeds here are rather stupid. Like a 45 mph limit for a street with a school on it :/

Holy shit. That's the speed for like, city streets for me.
If that was the speed limit for schools around here, everyone would be dead. It's only 25mph, and 20 when there are students walking around.

I think my state's changing the speed limit for freeways from 60 to 55mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back