• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Presidential Election November 6th: Thoughts and Predictions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who do you want, and think, will win the election

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Honestly, the companies that are planning to reduce worker's hours because of Obamacare are gonna be eating their own words.,

People will begin to look elsewhere once their hours get cut. Then they'll be in an even bigger pickle.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I get why Barry has opposed the legalization of marijuana since he probably didn't wanna go down in history as the first African-American president who also made sure to legalize weed during his first term, but I'm fantasizing that his stance on it throughout the first term was an act and that he'll do the right thing this time around.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I get why Barry has opposed the legalization of marijuana since he probably didn't wanna go down in history as the first African-American president who also made sure to legalize weed during his first term, but I'm fantasizing that his stance on it throughout the first term was an act and that he'll do the right thing this time around.

Considering his history with weed is public, he really cannot act without people ripping on his image.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
My family's pissed because our insurance companies keep increasing premiums, blaming it on Obama. After he won the election we had to change insurance...again...because they sent us another letter saying that because of Obamacare, they were going to have to increase premiums and decrease coverage.

I don't really care if they're just using Obama as an excuse to raise prices and remove coverage, it diddlying sucks either way.

It's kind of funny because over the past few years my family (in some, not all ways) and my school debt has been better off after my dad got unemployed and my mom got disabled than when they were both working like crazy. At this rate, the poorer we get, the easier it'll be for us! I mean we have less income, but hey, we're better off since now I get a few grants.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Are we arguing about third parties? Is everyone here just outright unfamiliar with game theory? Third parties cannot win in a first-past-the-post system. The system organically progresses to a two-party system.

Change comes from the bottom-up. If you're trying to change the two-party system at the general election ballot, you already diddlyed up.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Are we arguing about third parties? Is everyone here just outright unfamiliar with game theory? Third parties cannot win in a first-past-the-post system. The system organically progresses to a two-party system.

Change comes from the bottom-up. If you're trying to change the two-party system at the general election ballot, you already diddlyed up.

Yes, this is true. It's why I didn't vote third-party even though I wanted to. Actually my vote didn't matter at all so I don't even know why I bothered voting. I'm in a red-ass state.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Yes, this is true. It's why I didn't vote third-party even though I wanted to. Actually my vote didn't matter at all so I don't even know why I bothered voting. I'm in a red-ass state.

Your vote helped Obama get the Popular Vote as well as own the EC. You force the Republicans to realize the EC isn't broken.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

It's not really solely up to him whether or not it becomes legalized fully and completely. I would like to think it's the people's choice whether something should be legal or not.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
It's not really solely up to him whether or not it becomes legalized fully and completely. I would like to think it's the people's choice whether something should be legal or not.

Very true, but he's the one who can initiate the cause so that it can spread. Then, maybe other states can see it on the ballot like Colorado & Washington did. If he comes out and informs the people of its harmlessness, then they might listen. He has to be the one to stir the pot (no pun intended.)

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
He's not going to. It took him this long to publicly back gay marriage, and that took like a decade of the gay rights movement gaining steam.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
I am outright unfamiliar with game theory, and marginally interested in third parties. Please continue...

Last edited:

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Really? It seems like the kind of thing that would be right up your alley xD Wikipedia does a better job at explaining it than I ever could:

Game theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Essentially, history and math tell us that in a first-past-the-post system, voting third party only benefits the party farthest away from your beliefs, because the party closest to your beliefs loses your vote (see Canada, where the idiot liberals split their votes between two parties and elected the conservatives).

The Libertarian Party did better than ever this year, with 1% of the vote. This could've been enough to lost Obama the election, but nowhere near enough to be even close to winning a single state. Ralph Nader did a bit better, and it was enough to give America Bush, but again, nowhere near enough to win anything.

You can certainly propel a party to major status, but all this does is kill one of the two other parties. All you get is a minor realignment and a name change; the two party system remains the same, and has always been the same since the beginning of the republic. The only way to change it is with a constitutional amendment, but that's something voting third party won't get you.

Awards
Really? It seems like the kind of thing that would be right up your alley xD Wikipedia does a better job at explaining it than I ever could:

Game theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Essentially, history and math tell us that in a first-past-the-post system, voting third party only benefits the party farthest away from your beliefs, because the party closest to your beliefs loses your vote (see Canada, where the idiot liberals split their votes between two parties and elected the conservatives).

The Libertarian Party did better than ever this year, with 1% of the vote. This could've been enough to lost Obama the election, but nowhere near enough to be even close to winning a single state. Ralph Nader did a bit better, and it was enough to give America Bush, but again, nowhere near enough to win anything.

You can certainly propel a party to major status, but all this does is kill one of the two other parties. All you get is a minor realignment and a name change; the two party system remains the same, and has always been the same since the beginning of the republic. The only way to change it is with a constitutional amendment, but that's something voting third party won't get you.

Maybe they'll listen to you. I tried explaining this exact concept (and then some) to 4-5 other people in this thread but some people like being politically naive as long as they don't have to admit they threw away their vote.
funny.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back