• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

President Bush's State of the Union

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CK the Fat

I'm not really expecting a lot of you to have watched, especially the non-Americans here, but I was wondering what kind of discussion it could start.

First off, a lot of Bush's plans for economical reform, especially eliminating the federal deficit without raising taxes, seems nearly impossible to me... especially with Iraqi war costs.

Then he got to Iraq, explaining that America needed more troops in order to fully secure Iraq and help get a democracy underway. He mentioned a lot about America fighting "terrorists" in Iraq and all, and kept everything a bit vague and ideological-based.

Some questions for the discussion:

1. Do you think Bush's economic, social, medical, and immigration policies will succeed? Why or why not?

2. Do you think 20,000 more troops in Iraq will help? (Both in short term and long term)

3. Do you think Bush will be able to fulfill any of his pledges, or will he and congress form gridlock?

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
I watched it. His speech was nothing new. We've heard it all before and most of it won't be passed in a Democratic controlled congress. Its not happening.

Plus, we've already discussed all those other issues in other threads.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I usually like to reframe from these debates because I'm not that good at politics, but I do have some general knowledge. But I think Bush is continuing to make mistakes. He not only repeated some of the same lines as before, but sending 20,000 more soliders to Iraq is going in the opposite direction. There are alot of American citizens who don't like his ideals, and we never asked for this war in the first placed.

Hopefully Congress could put a stop to some of these ideals regarding the war in Iraq.

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
There are alot of American citizens who don't like his ideals, and we never asked for this war in the first placed.
And yet, there was apparently a majority who did, for at least 4 years in a row.

What would you replace those ideals with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back