• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pregnancy and a Father's Rights

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I think there are ways for both parties not to get shafted if both think things through carefully. For example: If a girl withholds knowledge of the pregnancy from the guy she suspects got her pregnant and she decides to keep the baby (once born), she has to be reasonable and not come down hard on the guy if he decides not to want to be in the child's life. Another Example: If she tells him ahead of time and he commits to the idea of raising the child, the guy backing out once the child is born is at fault in my opinion.

Sadly, there aren't contracts drawn up for these kind of things.lol

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
^ The difference is that a woman is morally obliged to stay with the child even if she doesn't want it. A man can easily walk away because the mother, more often than not, is always there as the primary parent in such relationships.

Bull. She's no more morally obliged than a man is. If she doesn't want the child, she either aborts it, or gives it up.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Did you even read the nigga's post? He said a woman is obliged to keep a child she doesn't want. As if women aren't aborting children they don't want every day.

The only point I'm making is its bullshit that men are forced to pay child support, and that society pushes us to step up, but when it comes to a woman, it's just "oh, it's her choice, she has that power". I accept that life isn't fair, but that doesn't meant that there isn't something wrong with that picture.

Don't even get me started on child support.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
So what do you do with a man who sleeps around with every woman and has 15+ kids but refuses to pay child support and the woman cannot pay on their own?

Basically, men who run at the first word.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
You make his ass pay child support, that's what. These things need to be handled by a case-by-case basis. I don't have a problem with men having to pay it, it's just an abused practice. Why should a woman get millions of dollars just because she was dicked down by an athlete and had his child? There are cases where women use this to get a paycheck sufficient enough to take care of them, but it doesn't take upwards of hundreds of thousands of dollars+ to raise a child. There needs to be some kind of upper limit that someone can pay.

Again, in an ideal world, the man would have as much choice as the woman in these situations as how to proceed, is all I'm saying. I'm not advocating anybody leave their child once it's born, however. I don't understand how anyone could do that.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
So what do you do with a man who sleeps around with every woman and has 15+ kids but refuses to pay child support and the woman cannot pay on their own?

It's doable, you just have to hit the road quick.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards

So cowards ?

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
but it doesn't take upwards of hundreds of thousands of dollars+ to raise a child.

excuse me but do you know how much money it costs to clothe, feed, house, and educate a child? children are a total expense.

theirlosthearts

Awards
excuse me but do you know how much money it costs to clothe, feed, house, and educate a child? children are a total expense.

But they're also our future! XD

Really though, you are right. Several hundred grand wouldn't be too far off. And children are not just a financial expense. You also have to add time, stress, and all of the issues that raising a child includes. If you disregard the emotional bonds that will form and the wonder of cloning yourself (as Trudeau put it), there isn't much reason to have kids.

btw, the way you said "children are a total expense" could seem to say that children are nothing but an expense. I had to read it a second time to understand it.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I'm surprised that XIII, a dad himself, does not realize the expenses of a child.

Food? Kid has gotta eat. And they need bowls and spoons and stuff to eat the food with.
Clothes? Kids grow, you should know. So they outgrow their clothes pretty darn quickly. Every few months you gotta get your kid whole new outfits.
Education? You want the kid to be educated right? That alone will cost a bunch.

Kids are expensive. Child support is fair enough with what they ask.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I'm surprised that XIII, a dad himself, does not realize the expenses of a child.

Food? Kid has gotta eat. And they need bowls and spoons and stuff to eat the food with.
Clothes? Kids grow, you should know. So they outgrow their clothes pretty darn quickly. Every few months you gotta get your kid whole new outfits.
Education? You want the kid to be educated right? That alone will cost a bunch.

Kids are expensive. Child support is fair enough with what they ask.

Yes, I'm a father, and that's exactly why I can make the point that a lot of you can't yet. Yes, it's expensive to raise a child, but not THAT expensive. There's no way in hell you're telling me it's fair that a rich nigga has to give up millions to a woman who had his child simply because he has millions of dollars. That's the kind of unfairness I'm talking about. Even someone like my father, who doesn't make millions, but does well enough had to pay my mother way too much money when he had to pay child support, and my brother and I told her as much. Women often use it as a means to rob us more than anything. So no, fuck outta here with that.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Right. Women use child support to rob men of MILLIONS and spend it on themselves. Child support costs are not all the same and differ on multiple factors. Your situation is hardly the common case.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Right. Women use child support to rob men of MILLIONS and spend it on themselves. Child support costs are not all the same and differ on multiple factors. Your situation is hardly the common case.

Nor did I say it was (though it is certainly more common than you think it is). I am arguing that there should be something in place to keep that from happening, which would mean being honest about how much it truly takes to raise a child.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I have to agree after 14/15 i don't think child support is needed unless they want to include college expenses or unless the child is heavily reliant on food stamps as away to get their next meal

Child support ends when they reach adulthood or finish high school.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
exactly and that is what my previous statement pertains to. once a person reaches their second year of high more often than not they already have a job, once they have a job more often than not parents will make them use their own spending money not the other way around.

At 14/15 you still live at home, using electricity, water, heat, eating food, etc. That may not seem like a lot but it all adds up.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
except groceries, toiletries, and medication but for everything else like clothes, sneakers, games, etc my parents had me pay for by myself and few others i know had the same done to them.

@toachan from 13-15 i had been living with my god father

EDIT: though i guess you are right depending on your situation

That doesn't usually happen to most kids, and you were still living in his home using hydo and the like. That's what child support is for. There are many living expenses that even a teenager with a part time job will never be able to cover.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
The argument that kids are rapidly entering the work force just seems kind of fallacious. More teens are struggling when looking for jobs because they're being given away to employees who don't miss shifts because of school, extracurriculars, and so forth. More and more jobs at publix aren't given to teens, theyre given to middle aged men and women for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back