• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Predict upcoming Trailer release time

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsoraful

Awards
This is so hard to predict because the only thing we have is Nomura specifying the 18th Japan Time.

Do you think it will be a midnight drop? Or do you think there's a specific time for the drop?

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Re: Predict upcoming Trailer release time.

Midnight is the best time to do anything exciting, you know there will be people glued to their devices just waiting. The Real Fans.

I feel like dropping it when people are heading to or are at work is just kind of rude. If it were a weekend it might not matter but it's a Tuesday. And dropping it after work is just awkward, everyone's tired and wants to eat and tune out...

Just do it at midnight.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

It's a Tuesday only in Japan plus Australia & co right?
For other places like Europe or the US it will still be Monday or am I mixing up the time zones again?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It's a Tuesday only in Japan plus Australia & co right?
For other places like Europe or the US it will still be Monday or am I mixing up the time zones again?
No, that’s correct. Tuesday in Australia, Japan, most of Asia, and maybe parts of Europe, depending on when they drop it. Also midnight PT on Tuesday and into the early hours is still Tuesday for Japan.

Wanting them to drop it at midnight JST for the sake of the US audience is America-centrism and really something I can do without. Screw the US, Japan, release it on your own terms!

shady543

Awards

As an Australian, can confirm it's Tuesday where I live. And Japan is only like half an hour behind me so it's Tuesday for them too.

Will it be happening live and it can be watched live? I may actually be able to watch it live for once considering the similar time zones and I don't have anything on on that tuesday. >.>

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

As an Australian, can confirm it's Tuesday where I live. And Japan is only half an hour behind me so it's Tuesday for them too.

Will it be happening live and it can be watched live? I may actually be able to watch it live for once considering the similar time zones and I don't have anything on on that tuesday. >.>
There’s no stream or anything, they’ll just be putting the trailer on YouTube.

shady543

Awards

There’s no stream or anything, they’ll just be putting the trailer on YouTube.

aw shit, was really hoping for that. Eh ah well. Agreed that midnight would probably be for the best then.

2 quid is good

Awards

No, that’s correct. Tuesday in Australia, Japan, most of Asia, and maybe parts of Europe, depending on when they drop it. Also midnight PT on Tuesday and into the early hours is still Tuesday for Japan.

Wanting them to drop it at midnight JST for the sake of the US audience is America-centrism and really something I can do without. Screw the US, Japan, release it on your own terms!

Massive agreement from me here, I've had enough of being screwed by American timezones. It's time for the timezones to strike back.

^.^

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I'm not to picky on what time they release the trailer. Thankfully at my job I have opportunities to check my phone occasionally.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I predict it'll release when I'm asleep.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

i can see it come out noon jst which 8pm pt/11pm est time

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Well, the 17th is the 16th anniversary of Kingdom Hearts’ NA release, so I wouldn’t complain if it at least dropped sometime during that day in the NA time zones.

kingsoraful

Awards
I'd say they should release it the same time Nintendo is doing their direct which for Japan audiences will be at 7 am in the morning and 6 pm EST.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't care what time it'll be as long as I'm awake.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Massive agreement from me here, I've had enough of being screwed by American timezones. It's time for the timezones to strike back.

^.^
TGS preshow already fired the first shot on that front, 5:30 AM EST? That's rough. And then there was D23 earlier in the year.

But just for the record American timezones are perfectly capable of screwing themselves over thank you very much. We just go on Daylight Savings and lose an hour of sleep. Japan laughs.

Tempo

Awards
wait, i'm confused. a new trailer on the 18th? i thought it was gonna be revealed during TGS on the 22nd?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
wait, i'm confused. a new trailer on the 18th? i thought it was gonna be revealed during TGS on the 22nd?

The trailer on the 18th is a extended version of the teaser from Monday. There will be a brand new trailer for TGS.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The trailer on the 18th is a extended version of the teaser from Monday. There will be a brand new trailer for TGS.
I don't think a brand new trailer at TGS has been confirmed. Just that they will have a trailer there, and it's more than likely to be the TGS trailer dropping on the 18th but who knows. Surprise me, Square Enix.

redcrown

Awards
Time zone converter sites say it'll be 8am PT on the 17th, but you guys are saying 8pm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back