• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Power Rangers Battle for the Grid, April 2019 (PS4/XB1/Steam/Switch)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
[video=youtube;pIG6dnEcn44]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIG6dnEcn44[/video]

Admittedly I'm likely the only one here that gives a damn about this but woo!

ABOUT THE GAME

Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
A modern take on the 25 year franchise, Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid showcases stunning graphics with vivid details. Pit current and classic Rangers and villains like never before in team battles. Test your skills online against friends and players from around the world for endless replayability. A streamlined combat system welcomes newcomers with simplified controls while maintaining depth for the most dedicated competitor to learn and master.

25 Years of Rangers
Generations of Power Rangers collide across the multiverse’s 25 year history. Experience authentic but reimagined Power Rangers battle sequences like never before.

Easy to Learn, Hard to Master
Gone are overly complicated command inputs or long patterns. In this easy to learn but hard to master game, the depth is knowing when to strike, not how

Compete Online
Play against your friends or test your skills against live players from around the world. Participate in special tournaments and missions throughout the year. This live game always offers something new.

Cross-Play & Cross-Progression
Matchmaking is made easy as players on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC can compete in the same pool. Swap platforms and your unlocked characters and mission progressions come with you.
PRESS RELEASE

Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid to Feature Rangers Vs. Villains Team Combat Across Multiple Gaming Platforms

New Power Rangers console game coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch in April 2019 with PC release to follow later in the year; Pre-Orders Start Today

For over 25 years Power Rangers has been one of the most popular franchises in the world. As a perennial Top 10 NPD Action Brand, the globally renowned brand has spawned hit TV shows, movies, toys, comics, live entertainment and games. Today, nWay, the developer and publisher behind Power Rangers: Legacy Wars, the hit multiplayer mobile game with over 45 million downloads, is partnering with Hasbro and global content leader Lionsgate to announce Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid. The new cross-platform fighting game will be available as a digital download for $19.99 first on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch in April 2019, and then as a PC release later in the year.

The game is now available for pre-order at www.battleforthegrid.com with those ordering prior to launch receiving an exclusive bonus of the Green Ranger V2 character skin and a digital art book. In addition, a special Digital Collector’s Edition will be available to pre-order for $39.99, which contains the full game download, Season One Pass (which will include three new characters, their Arcade story, and a new warrior skin), and exclusive Lord Drakkon V2 and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Pink Ranger character skins.

“Power Rangers fans have been asking for a high fidelity fighting game on console and PC that match up iconic Rangers and villains across the expansive Power Rangers multiverse for quite some time now,” said Taehoon Kim, co-founder and CEO of nWay. “We wanted to deliver this to the fans and make sure it has cross-play and cross-progression capabilities as we believe playing with friends across multiple platforms at the same time is where the future of gaming is headed.”

Power Ranger: Battle for the Grid is an easy to learn but hard to master fighting game that delivers a modern take on the Power Rangers franchise. The game features stunning graphics with vivid details and pits new and classic Rangers and villains against each other in team battles. Featuring a streamlined combat system, the game welcomes newcomers to the genre with simplified controls, while maintaining depth and detail for more intense and experienced competitors. Players will be challenged to test their skills online against friends and other players around the world, providing endless replayability. With new content and game modes releasing throughout the year, the game will continuously offer the community new ways to play and compete.

With cross-play across multiple platforms, all players whether on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch or PC, will be in the same player pool and will have the ability to compete against each other in real-time. Even when players change their platform, their unlocked characters and mission progress they have worked to achieve will still be available to them, allowing for cross-progression and true seamless gameplay no matter where they play.

“Since the acquisition of the Power Rangers IP, we’ve been looking forward to bringing Power Rangers fans memorable experiences. With Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, we’re expanding the portfolio of great Power Rangers games to more platforms,” said Mark Blecher, Senior Vice President of Corporate Strategy and Business Affairs at Hasbro.

“The Power Rangers have proven to be an enduring global phenomenon among audiences of all ages,” said Daniel Engelhardt, Senior Vice President of Interactive Ventures & Games at Lionsgate. “We are excited to build upon our successful mobile game, Power Rangers: Legacy Wars, to offer a unique opportunity for fans to enjoy a new cross-platform fighting game experience on console and PC.”

More details on Power Ranger: Battle for the Grid will be released in the coming weeks.

PLATFORMS & RELEASE EDITIONS

PLAYSTATION 4

DIGITAL COLLECTOR'S EDITION
April 2019
$39.99
Digital Game Download
Pre-Order Bonus: Green Ranger V2 Skin
Pre-Order Bonus: Digital Art Book
Season One Pass
Lord Drakkon Evo II
Pink Ranger Skin

STANDARD EDITION
April 2019
$19.99
Digital Game Download

NINTENDO SWITCH

April 2019
$39.99
Digital Game Download
Season One Pass
Lord Drakkon Evo II
Pink Ranger Skin

STANDARD EDITION
April 2019
$19.99
Digital Game Download

XBOX ONE

April 2019
$39.99
Digital Game Download
Complimentary Xbox One token to the game to give away or use
Season One Pass
Lord Drakkon Evo II
Pink Ranger Skin

STANDARD EDITION
April 2019
$19.99
Digital Game Download
Complimentary Xbox One token to the game to give away or use

PC / STEAM

Summer 2019
$39.99
Digital Game Download
Season One Pass
Lord Drakkon Evo II
Pink Ranger Skin

STANDARD EDITION
SUMMER 2019
$19.99
Digital Game Download

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, I am actually fairly excited about this? It being digital only I guess makes it more affordable but also it makes me feel it may just be a better version of the mobile game? Which is fine lol. I do enjoy that game for what it is.

So the Season Pass is only 3 characters for basically like the same amount of money as the base game? Even with arcades and stuff, that's a little....bad lol. But getting it all one go is probably the better deal so...I dunno.

I definitely want the Lord Drakon and Kimberly pre-order things. Also reminds me I need to catch up on the Power Rangers comics since they are actually good.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
Which one? There's like 20 of 'em.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I'd assume they mean the Mighty Morphin since its the one mentioned in the press release.[/FONT]

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Oof, those animations look rough. Seriously, it needs some work.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So the Season Pass is only 3 characters for basically like the same amount of money as the base game? Even with arcades and stuff, that's a little....bad lol. But getting it all one go is probably the better deal so...I dunno.
Worse is that some are described as skins rather than fully new characters. I fear there will be a lot of cloned movesets. But I'm not sure that the characters mentioned are the season pass DLC. I think they're just pre-order bonuses.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I'd assume they mean the Mighty Morphin since its the one mentioned in the press release.[/FONT]
Ah yes, that would make more sense.

Recon said:
Oof, those animations look rough. Seriously, it needs some work.
It's straight up recycling assets from the mobile game, results won't be pretty.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Worse is that some are described as skins rather than fully new characters. I fear there will be a lot of cloned movesets. But I'm not sure that the characters mentioned are the season pass DLC. I think they're just pre-order bonuses.

Ah yes, that would make more sense.

It's straight up recycling assets from the mobile game, results won't be pretty.

Oh, well I thought it said the Season Pass is just 3 new characters as well though, but yeah Drakon and Mighty Morphin Pink are skins? Which seems confusing. Unless its like a second skin for those characters already since I feel both play uniquely in the mobile game already.

I feel like what will make me decide if this pass is worth it is how many base characters there are. I am kinda nervous about how they plan to do that.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I fell out of the franchise ever since Samurai, but I'll check it out.

You didn't miss much on the tv side. The comics by Boom Comics however are awesome and show what the power rangers IP is capable of with better writers and unrestrained by a kids tv show's budget.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
You didn't miss much on the tv side. The comics by Boom Comics however are awesome and show what the power rangers IP is capable of with better writers and unrestrained by a kids tv show's budget.

Yeah thats basically the reality ha. I personally enjoyed the movie from a few years ago as well though, too.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I keep hearing they're really good, but I can only spend moneys on so many things. ;A;

Neo_

Awards
It's going to suck ass; they showed so little to begin with (which is a bad sign), but even what they showed looked bad.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
[video=youtube;byY0nxX53_o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byY0nxX53_o[/video]

Currently known roster:

1. Jason, MMPR Red
2. Kimberly, MMPR Pink/Ranger Slayer
3. Tommy, MMPR Green/Green Ranger V2
4. Alt Tommy, Lord Drakkon
5. Goldar
6. Mastodon Sentry (seriously)

Non-MMPR characters:
7. Kat Manx, SPD Kat Ranger
8. Gia, Super Mega Force Yellow

Methinks there's a bias.

EDIT: Unconfirmed but Magna Defender from Lost Galaxy is hinted to be in.

Last edited:

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
What would have to happen to get my kween Astronema into one of these games.

tumblr_nc3bipR6pg1qb4op4o2_250.gif

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I suuuck at fighting games. I haven't enjoyed one since the ..PS1 era, wow. But MMPR, might convince me to return.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I literally screamed for Kat tbh, SPD is my favorite season, having a ranger from it in the starting roster is rad af.

Hoping Mastodon Sentry will have a skin like Ranger Slayer does for regular MMP Kimberly? I guess I am assuming that is all we are getting from OG and Shattered Grid. Which, this IS a game based on that event I think, so I am not upset about them at least including a couple people important for that lol.

I've heard there are 15 characters for the starting roster and then the 3 for DLC later so far.

Also there is in depth gameplay now, it looks pretty good. Like a crazy MvC game lol. The supers are pretty nice for what they are, they are all fairly simple. Regular Green Ranger Tommy looks like the one I would like the most out of the 4 they keep showing. I really hope I am good with Kat and Ranger Slayer cuz I want to main them.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Magna defender is official now BTW. Since he's 1 of the members of the current comic storyline's core team, there's a chance for Andros, Cam, Tanya, & Heckal to among the remaining reveals.

What would have to happen to get my kween Astronema into one of these games.

tumblr_nc3bipR6pg1qb4op4o2_250.gif

You'll probably get her lamer Pink LG ranger self.

I literally screamed for Kat tbh, SPD is my favorite season, having a ranger from it in the starting roster is rad af.

Hoping Mastodon Sentry will have a skin like Ranger Slayer does for regular MMP Kimberly? I guess I am assuming that is all we are getting from OG and Shattered Grid. Which, this IS a game based on that event I think, so I am not upset about them at least including a couple people important for that lol.

I've heard there are 15 characters for the starting roster and then the 3 for DLC later so far.

Also there is in depth gameplay now, it looks pretty good. Like a crazy MvC game lol. The supers are pretty nice for what they are, they are all fairly simple. Regular Green Ranger Tommy looks like the one I would like the most out of the 4 they keep showing. I really hope I am good with Kat and Ranger Slayer cuz I want to main them.

The sentries don't use the same weapons as the ranger they copy. They're more like stormtroopers.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ranger Slayer is the default & Classic Kim the alt.

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Magna defender is official now BTW. Since he's 1 of the members of the current comic storyline's core team, there's a chance for Andros, Cam, Tanya, & Heckal to among the remaining reveals.

You'll probably get her lamer Pink LG ranger self.

The sentries don't use the same weapons as the ranger they copy. They're more like stormtroopers.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ranger Slayer is the default & Classic Kim the alt.

Ah yeah I saw that earlier about the sentries, I guess it probably wouldn't work then. And that is what I meant about Kimberly, I guess I just worded it funny lol.

I dunno who any of those people are who you mentioned but I also am not caught up on the comics so...I probably really do need to do that.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I dunno who any of those people are who you mentioned but I also am not caught up on the comics so...I probably really do need to do that.

Well they're also characters from the tv series...

Tanya=Power Rangers Zeo
Andros=Power Rangers in Space
Heckyl=Dino Charge (though his ranger form was sentai only)
Cam=Ninja Storm

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
[video=youtube;Nmg8E51cn_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmg8E51cn_U[/video]

Back