• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Power of Sleep?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing you seem to forget is the main focus of KH: Dream Drop Distance: The data Ansem the Wise hid inside Sora's heart.

A part of DDD is the mark of mastery, the other, bigger part is about the data which according to Nomura is the "key" how to save everyone who called out to Sora in Blank Points.
DDD is mostly about how to save the tormented ones will be possible, the actual rescue then happens in KH III.
Ansem's data needs to be explored, unraveled and be understood. Then there's of course Xehanort who will surely not simply twiddle his thumbs while Sora and Riku are in the "world submerged in sleep" but act on one of his numerous backup plans. Wo knows, there is possibly Maleficent, maybe even Vanitas to count in as well to cause trouble.

Further things we may come to know in DDD is for one some more insight on how Xehanort/Terra/Eraqus-hearts, powers and memories were distributed between Ansem SoD and Xemnas, as well as the question/mystery if something of Terra remained within Riku.
Beside this, as Mickey apparently is very close to figure out the resting place of Ven's heart Sora might finally become aware that he's protecting Ventus within himself and we might get a glimpse how far (if at all) Ven's heart has healed.
A short update on what Aqua and Ansem are up to is also not completely to rule out and some information on the status of Xion, Naminé and Roxas probably is in there too.
After all, the game is also said to have deep connections to Birth By Sleep and Days.

Man, I had forgotten about the hidden data "sleeping" inside of Sora. There's just too many darn references to "sleep" to keep track of :frown: So, if the "sleep" references are about the data inside of Sora instead of Aqua, that's worth another thread right there. If not......well, then it's gotta be Aqua.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
the power of sleep seems to be the power of death in my point of view

Dale

So if the mark of mastery is taking up say 50% of the game, then its safe to say that we'll get 15 year old Sora and 16 year old Riku back, hope they keep the new clothes though, and by that time they might even have a party of 3 to go around the worlds Sora, Riku and Aqua as long as she's rescued as soon as it ends since the goal is hypothetically unlocking aqua from sleep to go save Ven in castle oblivion. Ahh wonder how the scene where Sora and Riku meet Ven's gonna turn out. Hope we know about new worlds soon as well.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
So if the mark of mastery is taking up say 50% of the game, then its safe to say that we'll get 15 year old Sora and 16 year old Riku back, hope they keep the new clothes though, and by that time they might even have a party of 3 to go around the worlds Sora, Riku and Aqua as long as she's rescued as soon as it ends since the goal is hypothetically unlocking aqua from sleep to go save Ven in castle oblivion. Ahh wonder how the scene where Sora and Riku meet Ven's gonna turn out. Hope we know about new worlds soon as well.

Actually, the Mark of Mastery will only take place during the begining of the game.

Dale

Actually, the Mark of Mastery will only take place during the begining of the game.

Even better, which means we'll have crazy hair Sora and older Smexy Riku Masters in no time :D I just want them to unite with Aqua i can already picture an amazing combo trinity limit hack n slash with all of them in it against a big bag beasty boss, I wonder if when Ventus is woken up he'll remember everything Roxas did since Roxas is Sora and Vens Nobody, confused again are Roxas and Ventus two sepreate entities or both one in a sense?

Absolute

With all this talk of sleep, I;m hoping that this FINALLY sheds some light on the Chamber of Repose and Wakening.

Also, what about Dive to the Heart? Isn't that called Awakening and in a dream-like realm?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Even better, which means we'll have crazy hair Sora and older Smexy Riku Masters in no time :D I just want them to unite with Aqua i can already picture an amazing combo trinity limit hack n slash with all of them in it against a big bag beasty boss, I wonder if when Ventus is woken up he'll remember everything Roxas did since Roxas is Sora and Vens Nobody, confused again are Roxas and Ventus two sepreate entities or both one in a sense?

We won't have any of the tormented ones already rescued in DDD, that's reserved for KH III.
The main focus of DDD is exploring the hidden research data Ansem the Wise hid inside Sora's heart.

Roxas is only Sora's nobody, not Ven's.
Ventus has no nobody since his body is kept in the chamber of waking and he lost his heart in an other way.
The only things Roxas got from Ventus are:
1. His appearance.
2. The ability to feel real emotions.
and 3. to wield a second keyblade (Ven's).

And no, Roxas and Ven are not the same nor "one". They are completely different characters, already said by Nomura and proven by them both appearing separately in BBS (Blank Points) and Re. Coded.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
With all this talk of sleep, I;m hoping that this FINALLY sheds some light on the Chamber of Repose and Wakening.

Also, what about Dive to the Heart? Isn't that called Awakening and in a dream-like realm?

No, it takes place in The World That Never Was.

Dale

We won't have any of the tormented ones already rescued in DDD, that's reserved for KH III.
The main focus of DDD is exploring the hidden research data Ansem the Wise hid inside Sora's heart.

Roxas is only Sora's nobody, not Ven's.
Ventus has no nobody since his body is kept in the chamber of waking and he lost his heart in an other way.
The only things Roxas got from Ventus are:
1. His appearance.
2. The ability to feel real emotions.
and 3. to wield a second keyblade (Ven's).

And no, Roxas and Ven are not the same nor "one". They are completely different characters, already said by Nomura and proven by them both appearing separately in BBS (Blank Points) and Re. Coded.
Well didnt mean to cause any upset there dude just wasnt sure about it, good to know they exist separate maybe they can do some kind of tag team move against Xehanort in the final battle. I just hope Roxas gets to exist separately as his own being and not inside Sora.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well didnt mean to cause any upset there dude just wasnt sure about it, good to know they exist separate maybe they can do some kind of tag team move against Xehanort in the final battle. I just hope Roxas gets to exist separately as his own being and not inside Sora.

It was no upset, only for emphatizing...;)
They definitely have separate consciousnesses and minds, just as Sora and Roxas also have each a mind and consciousness of their own.

As for that last part I can only say we don't know yet how exactly Roxas (and also Naminé and Xion in this regard) will be "saved". It might mean an actual physical return but it may also be not...we simply don't know yet.

Dale

It was no upset, only for emphatizing...;)
They definitely have separate consciousnesses and minds, just as Sora and Roxas also have each a mind and consciousness of their own.

As for that last part I can only say we don't know yet how exactly Roxas (and also Naminé and Xion in this regard) will be "saved". It might mean an actual physical return but it may also be not...we simply don't know yet.
Gahh these next few months are gonna be so prolonged, excuse my lack of knowledge btw I started the series with BBS then onto 1 358/2 days, COM, 2 and recoded so i started from the very beginning so to speak and it kinda messed up my understandings :)
I hope they all come back specially Axel, actually they can leave out Namine shes quite frankly pointless :L I like Xion better anyways.

billyzanesucks

they can leave out Namine shes quite frankly pointless :L I like Xion better anyways.
Just letting you know, that's not a widely shared opinion here. Many could argue that Xion was pointless from the beginning and the story would work just fine without her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back