• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Potential Surprise World for KH4? The sequel

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

The surprise Disney world you think has a chance in being included in Kingdom Hearts 4

• Gargoyles

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Darkwing Duck

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Black Cauldron

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Emperor's New Groove

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Treasure Planet

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Atlantis

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Song of the South

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Great Mouse Detective

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Marry Poppins

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The Muppets (including Christmas Carol and Treasure Island)

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
As far as Disney properties go these come to mind as being potentially huge surprises worlds for a Kingdom Hearts 4. Decided to create this thread after seeing that most people are skeptical about non Disney franchises appearing in this series so I feel this would be a more appropriate discussion. I chose these on the list because majority of them are rarely ever advertised by Disney as much as other series and films. So movies like Moana, Brave, Princess and the Frog, etc. wouldn't count since those are more mainstream and are a given to show up at some point in this series. Same for Pixar films like the Incredibles. These movies and shows are almost never referenced these days so it would be quite something if one of these magically popped up in the universe of Kingdom Hearts.

I feel as impossible as some of these may still seem, they all have a higher chance in being incorporated into either KHDDD2 or KH4 over something like Star Wars, Simpsons, and Marvel as they are all true Disney properties to the core. This seems more of a realistic scenario to have some fun theorizing and discussing. Please tell me what your opinion is on this.

Last edited:

AR829038

Awards
Bruh, they ain't NEVER puttin' Song of the South in Kingdom Hearts. You kidding?

AR829038

Awards
You never know lol.
Nah, I'm pretty certain. Disney have made every effort possible to suppress that movie. I'm pretty sure you can't even get it on Disney+. You really think they'd put a movie with that much racial controversy in something like Kingdom Hearts? I can guarantee you, it would never happen.
As for the Ducktales world, that's also doubtful, mainly because Hewey, Dewey, Louie, and Uncle Scrooge have already been in the series since KH2 (KH1 for HDL). Mary Poppins, I think, could appear as a character, but not as a world, only 'cause the movie doesn't have enough set pieces for action for translating into a video game. Gargoyles and Great Mouse Detective could possibly work, though I don't think either are quite relevant enough anymore for them to choose (keep in mind, each KH game tends to prioritize whatever movies are most popular at the time of its release), though I could very well be wrong on that. The Muppets would be cute, but I imagine legally tricky to pull off. It took forever to get Pixar onboard the KH train, and I think Jim Hensons' stuff would be harder to reach. If they were going to reach out for something further removed from the main Disney line, I imagine they'd go for the more popular options like Marvel or Star Wars. But all the other options on the list I could totally one hundred percent see. Personally, I'd love an Atlantis world, and even though Black Cauldron sucked as a movie and few people remember it now, they could revitalize it the way they did with Tron in KH2.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Nah, I'm pretty certain. Disney have made every effort possible to suppress that movie. I'm pretty sure you can't even get it on Disney+. You really think they'd put a movie with that much racial controversy in something like Kingdom Hearts? I can guarantee you, it would never happen.
As for the Ducktales world, that's also doubtful, mainly because Hewey, Dewey, Louie, and Uncle Scrooge have already been in the series since KH2 (KH1 for HDL).
Didn't stop Three Musketeers & Fantasia from getting worlds (in the same game no less).

AR829038

Awards
Didn't stop Three Musketeers & Fantasia from getting worlds (in the same game no less).
You've got a good point. Although, I never really saw Fantasia as problematic, 'cause I always figured it was a really popular film. Three Musketeers does still boggle me, though. Frankly, I would have preferred a different world, but what can you do?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
You've got a good point. Although, I never really saw Fantasia as problematic, 'cause I always figured it was a really popular film. Three Musketeers does still boggle me, though. Frankly, I would have preferred a different world, but what can you do?
It's a weird ass mess trying to figure how that world & Disney Castle connect. Did everyone just decide to move to a whole different world? For what reason? What happened to the old place before it ended up in RoS?

AR829038

Awards
It's a weird ass mess trying to figure how that world & Disney Castle connect. Did everyone just decide to move to a whole different world? For what reason? What happened to the old place before it ended up in RoS?
In terms of timeline, I get the sense that the world maybe takes place after Timeless River but before Disney Town in Birth by Sleep. I can't imagine it's the same world—my headcanon is this:
Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Pete originally came from Timeless River, and Minnie originally came from The Land of the Musketeers. Minnie, being royalty, marries Mickey, who is I guess royalty from the Timeless River world (they mention he's in the Musketeers world on a kind of secret mission, implying that he isn't native to that world—we also get the sense that this may be just prior to his tenure as Yen Sid's student, because he can't wield the Keyblade yet—who knows?), and then she runs off and lives with him in what eventually becomes Disney Town, and then Disney Castle.
That's the best I got for ya. It's not perfect, but it's all I can think up.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Song of the South and the two TV shows are probably the only things with 0% chance.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
Gargoyles might still have a shot. Darkwing Duck could too if it's treated as an "alternate timeline world" like The Three Musketeers in Dream Drop Distance.

Concerning the Muppets, I always thought to myself that Sora just remains how he originally looks when venturing with the Muppets similar to him not transforming when he is hanging out with Winnie the Pooh. He doesn't have to blend in with the Muppets since human beings have always been apart of the Muppetverse, that is what makes the Muppets stand out in the first place. About as far back as before Kingdom Hearts 2 was even announced to be in development I used to dream about Sora teaming with Gonzo & Rizzo to adventure through different storybooks like Treasure Island. Funny enough Sora would be in his pirate outfit for the Treasure Island portion, which wouldn't come to fruition until seventeen years later in the Pirates of the Caribbean world. Amusing that a small percentage of my dream came to light. Still Sora remained as his normal human form just with different attire, and I think that would be a more likely outcome than he himself becoming a muppet.

With all that being said besides Gargoyles, the Muppets would be the other surprise world that I would welcome ecstatically for KH4.

Last edited:

bobgoesw00t

Awards
Website
bobgoesw00t.tumblr.com
I would love to see most of these as worlds in the series, ESPECIALLY Atlantis and Treasure Planet. Having the characters go to the world of The Emperor's New Groove would be hilarious if I'm being honest with all the fourth wall breaking that movie did. Good god I can't even imagine what crazy shit they would pull if it gets added. Only one I don't want is ANY Muppet movie, mainly because I think they would work better as summons xD

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
I would love to see most of these as worlds in the series, ESPECIALLY Atlantis and Treasure Planet. Having the characters go to the world of The Emperor's New Groove would be hilarious if I'm being honest with all the fourth wall breaking that movie did. Good god I can't even imagine what crazy shit they would pull if it gets added. Only one I don't want is ANY Muppet movie, mainly because I think they would work better as summons xD

I can imagine the Muppets would be easier to pull of as world compared to something like Song of the South, Lol. The Muppets could easily be treated like Winnie the Pooh IF they are ever considered. Them as summons could work too. Still my top choice is having Goliath and the gang finally joining the fray.

I do have a question for a lot of people here that want Treasure Planet as a "world". I recently just viewed the film, and I wondered how it work. People keep saying they want it, but never say how it would work. Wouldn't Treasure Planet face the same problem as Star Wars? They travel from planet to planet in the movie so how would a "world" of the movie even function or look like in a potential future game?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
In terms of timeline, I get the sense that the world maybe takes place after Timeless River but before Disney Town in Birth by Sleep. I can't imagine it's the same world—my headcanon is this:
Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Pete originally came from Timeless River, and Minnie originally came from The Land of the Musketeers. Minnie, being royalty, marries Mickey, who is I guess royalty from the Timeless River world (they mention he's in the Musketeers world on a kind of secret mission, implying that he isn't native to that world—we also get the sense that this may be just prior to his tenure as Yen Sid's student, because he can't wield the Keyblade yet—who knows?), and then she runs off and lives with him in what eventually becomes Disney Town, and then Disney Castle.
That's the best I got for ya. It's not perfect, but it's all I can think up.
You know what, maybe we're overthinking things: The world is a comic book., these aren't the real Mickey & company.

2 quid is good

Awards
I can imagine the Muppets would be easier to pull of as world compared to something like Song of the South, Lol. The Muppets could easily be treated like Winnie the Pooh IF they are ever considered. Them as summons could work too. Still my top choice is having Goliath and the gang finally joining the fray.

I do have a question for a lot of people here that want Treasure Planet as a "world". I recently just viewed the film, and I wondered how it work. People keep saying they want it, but never say how it would work. Wouldn't Treasure Planet face the same problem as Star Wars? They travel from planet to planet in the movie so how would a "world" of the movie even function or look like in a potential future game?

I always assumed they would take one of two routes: have the whole level take place on one planet, or go the Deep Space route in BBS (can't exactly remember what that world is called). And people's problems with Star Wars aren't really the logistics of it, it's just because it's not "disney".

Also I think TP has the highest chance of an appearance due to cut content being found for it in DDD, plus the little Easter egg in KH3.

Back