• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Post-MOM Theories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Waaaaaaait a minute

If Riku goes to Quadratum/Shibuya... could this mean the Riku centered game won’t include any Disney worlds? Imagine this scenario. A KH game which only focuses on the main story.:love:

A big open world like Game in this world...

It's gonna be live action worlds (but slightly different because they can't afford to pay likeness fees for every single actor in those movies lol). It'll be a soft remake of KH1 but way more dark.

But I'm just cribbing Antifa Lockhart's ideas as always~

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It looks like only Sora, Riku, and Mickey have major things going on right now. Mickey really is the true tritagonist of the series after Sora and Riku. Like everybody else has said, the other groups have things to potentially keep them around and busy.

Wayfinder group- Ven's Darkness, Union X stuff. Terra and Aqua can fit in here as Ven's surrogate parents. Lauriam will probably tie in with this story as well. Kairi might be in here as well bringing the Wayfinders up to 4 characters.

Twilight Town gang- Subject X. Lea and Isa are mainly tied to it, Roxas and Xion will probably tag along for Axel at least. I just want to see how they differentiate Isa from Saix. I don't expect HPO to do much of anything besides being cheerleaders or maybe doing at home research.

Then there's Namine who will likely do what she's been doing since COM ended. Show up, magically fix a problem, say some exposition stuff, then disappear for the remainder of whatever story is taking place. They could get creative and have her scan Ventus, so long as it doesn't take a year to do it.

But yeah, this is looking MCU like with such a huge cast. That's not even taking into account Ansem's group and the Restoration Team at Radiant Garden. I don't think they all need individual games, but there is enough chores to go around it seems. But it's different when asking if they should still be prominent though.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
I'm going to laugh so hard when all these plot threads with the others get shoved into one game aka KH4 and even then the ones solving those problems end up being Sora and Riku. Then we also got Yozora in the mix too since he's likely gonna be in KH4 too. Sora, Riku, Yozora, Mickey, Donald and Goofy. Hell throw in Magia and Aegis in as well so the 8 of them can go deal with the Lost Masters while the others cheer them on the side or maybe Nomura can have those guys fight off some Heartless or something.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Something something Final Fantasy.

Ultimate Unreality. 😂

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Ultimate Unreality. 😂
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don't know what should be spoiler tagged and what not, so:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
"I've been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not? "

I've been kinda worried we're going to a route, where it gets revealed everything about Kingdom Hearts is fiction. Like Verum Rex is advertised as a video game in Toy Box, Kingdom Hearts may not be different. But is Verum Rex the real world? Or also a fictional world?

From KH characters point of view it seems to be the second one, but what if both aren't real? In KH3 ReMind Yozora said to Sora, that isn't how he looks like. Is he using an avatar?

Suppose that instead of being different universes, they are more like different video games, all data that happens to be inside a computer in the real world for some reason.

That direction where it turns out everything from KH world we've been through so far it's just a dream/fiction/not real, could damage this franchise beyond repair for me.

Last edited:

KeyToDestiny

Awards
I don't know what should be spoiler tagged and what not, so:

Spoiler Spoiler Show
That's precisely why I feel all that stuff will be shoved into KH4 as cutscenes. Even with the next game with
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Since Scala is still around in the present anyone else think that it could be the homeworld of Terra and Aqua? Like Eraqus they could potentially be descendants on Ancient Keyblade wielders

Tobi

Awards
I dont have an idea if it was already mentioned as an idea in the other thread (tried to read through it, but to much pages), but what I could imagine would be a
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think that four is the name of the game...literally. Quadratum, the 104 building, Square, I think that from now on the groups are gonna be quartets instead of trios, leading into Kingdom Hearts IV

Tbh, know Nomura’s love for making us solve math problems in KH titles, I’m more afraid name of the next one will look something like this:

F7DFD215-EB8C-4E95-8EF5-1D0101F8AB29.jpg

Slightly more seriously, I could see it being something with an exponent of 2 (squared) that translates to “Kingdom Hearts: [insert whatever here] Power of Two”.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
:eek:It’s…it’s the true darkness…the one thing every sane man fears and hates…Math!

tbh, I’m not thrilled at the idea of Yozora and Riku meeting, and it’s not only because of the doppelganger thing. I think Sora should have a circle of friends that are completely unrelated and unknown to his primary trio, because that guy needs a break from the trouble they bring him.

sdr27

Awards
before I theorize, How many teams are working on KH projects and how many KH projects that we don't know the details of?

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Nomura mentioned the Osaka team helped the MoM team out a bit before moving on to the next project iirc. Also there's this.

"I’m working hard towards the 20th anniversary," said Nomura in an interview with Famitsu. "I myself have already switched to thinking about the next work, and the Kingdom Hearts team has already started working on something new. Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory came just before we started working on the next title, so the main staff was able to assist. When we’re able to announce something in the future, I think it will be full of surprises, so please look forward to it."

So does sound like they're working on two different things from the wording which goes back to the statement about there being two new teams. One being MoM team from the Theaterhythm brains and the other being an unknown.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nomura mentioned the Osaka team helped the MoM team out a bit before moving on to the next project iirc. Also there's this.

It was just the cutscene staff that helped. This is actually the breakdown.

Q12 Will you tell us about any plans for future KH projects?

We still need some time with regards to main line Kingdom Hearts, but first up the KH UX team will have a surprising announcement tomorrow. Aside from the KH3 and KH UX teams, we actually have two new teams in operation, and from them one title will be coming surprisingly soon.

Which is:

1) UX + DR
2) "from them one title will be coming surprisingly soon" = MOM
3) KH3 team which has moved onto their unannounced project
4) The one mysterious team

(It's safe to say either Osaka or the mysterious team are working on the Disney+ series and the other is an actual game)

KeyToDestiny

Awards
It was just the cutscene staff that helped. This is actually the breakdown.

Which is:

1) UX + DR
2) "from them one title will be coming surprisingly soon" = MOM
3) KH3 team which has moved onto their unannounced project
4) The one mysterious team
Ah interesting. This I did not know about. I heard they helped out but didn't know exactly what they helped the MoM team about.

But you're right. With MoM out of the bag, it leaves two unknown projects. One the main team/Osaka is working on now and the other being worked on by the other mystery team.

Nomura's words on him switching his thinking to the next work while the Kingdom Hearts team(main team I presume) working on something new makes me think.

Back