• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► Post-MOM Theories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Now that the game is out in Japan, I know y'all have them. I'm making a space for you guys to discuss your theories until the western launch. After that, you can make them using the Spoiler prefix in the Future of Kingdom Hearts section.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Sweet

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Mexican Sora

Awards
Could Mickey and the gang looking for another world with keyblade wielders be why we see Donald and Goofy crash land their Gummi Ship in Daybreak Town? For all we know time could run differently in the unchained realm compared to the real world. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mission in UX where the player and Ephemer are indirectly responsible assisting Sora with the giant demon tide in the graveyard.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
If one of upcoming games is assuredly Riku and Sora/Yozora in Quadratum, then I hope another is centered on Aqua and Kairi that involves Subject X. I think there could be a story there that would also loop in the Twilight Town gang with Lea and Isa’s connection to Subject X.

Then the Disney+ series with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy on their mission to learn more about the Ancient Keyblade Masters maybe?

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Post-MoM theories huh?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Will write more later.

Last edited:

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Sweet

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

NoWay

Awards
Soooo what if the next game is a DDD & BBS mash up.
We play 3 scenarios: Riku, Yozora and Micky?
Or Riku (Quadratum), Kairi (training) and Micky (Scala ad Caelum)?
And in the end when Riku is about to die, Micky, Kairi and Aqua go to help Riku.

astertide

Awards
Did anybody find it weird how
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

NemesisSP

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

[/QUOTE]
I would say something very snarky about this, but I don't care enough to even try.

I've said it before in the MoM Spoilers thread, but we know that there are multiple projects in the works right now, which may soon show up at Jump Festa or perhaps a little soon. What do know is its apparently gonna be something big.

There are a few ideas in mind. Purely game related ones, though, since a movie or Disney+ are still iffy.
1. There's gonna be a Switch game. Nomura has mentioned he's working on a game for the Switch, though he didn't give specifics. But a Kingdom Hearts game made specifically for the Switch seems very likely, at the least, considering KH3 had to miss out on the system due to technical restrictions. However this game will most certainly not have anything to do with Yozora, the Nameless Star or anything Verum Rex related. They built the world of Quadratum in the Unreal Engine and to explore in Re:Mind and then decided to save it for the next big game instead. That tells me that it's gonna saved for KH4 or a hypothetical Riku game bridging
2. The next game is NOT GONNA BE KINGDOM HEARTS IV! I know this one is kind of a given, but it still needs to be said. Of course, Nomura could completely blindside us and announce KH4, but we'll see.
3. Their will be multiple games. One for Roxas or one for Kairi and of course, one for Riku. Many fans want a Days remake, so it'd be a good time to possible do that with the Switch. It would make for a perfect Switch game. Kairi because she hasn't had a full game to herself (Melody of Memory doesn't count, since its story is just a taste of things to come) and they already have her gameplay mechanics ready thanks to Re:Mind. Riku because that's going to be the true bridge game between this and KH4.

Of these three options, I'd say based on the news that there are multiple teams working on multiple projects, the odds that its number three is very likely.

Katsagu

Awards
So, question for my fellow KHI users.

How do you feel about potentially abandoning the twilight gang and the wayfinder trio? Letting them have their happy endings and live happily ever after or whatever.

I don't know, I feel the cast is way to big for its own good, I think it's best to just leave them be and call upon them if necessary, but going out of their way to make new games for them feels a bit overkill.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards

How do you feel about potentially abandoning the twilight gang and the wayfinder trio? Letting them have their happy endings and live happily ever after or whatever.

I don't know, I feel the cast is way to big for its own good, I think it's best to just leave them be and call upon them if necessary, but going out of their way to make new games for them feels a bit overkill.
It’s off topic from theories but I’m gonna be honest, when III finally resolved their endings I felt that they should stay resolved and left behind in the Dark Seeker Saga. Xion’s reunited with her friends, Roxas has independent agency from Sora, the Wayfinder Trio are together again. It’s done and should stay done.

However, we all know that’s not true, because there’s always that one snag Nomura had to throw in so that they’ll stay relevant.

For the Twilight Town gang, it’s Subject X and Isa and Lea’s search for her, which will definitely drag the rest into the mystery.

For the Wayfinder Trio it’s, oh, I don’t know, Ven being a fudging accessory to murder maybe? Which means Lauriam and by extension Elrena also tie into it because the former has yet to settle the score if he hasn’t already when they were dandelions.

Naminé…I can’t comment on this. She’s simply too big a mystery to let lie even at the conclusion of the previous saga.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

How do you feel about potentially abandoning the twilight gang and the Wayfinder trio? Letting them have their happy endings and live happily ever after or whatever.

I don't know, I feel the cast is way too big for its own good, I think it's best to just leave them be and call upon them if necessary, but going out of their way to make new games for them feels a bit overkill.

They're going to be involved in the series moving forward solely because there are unanswered questions connecting to them.

Lea and Isa are looking for Subject X. Subject X is heavily theorised to be Skuld, and if she is then she's likely to be retroactively connected to Xion. I say this because Skuld and Ventus share a similar dynamic to Roxas and Xion, and it may explain why both Roxas and Axel envision her with black hair.

Then there's Strelitzia and Ventus, Darkness used Ventus body to kill Strelitzia. Lauriam and Elrena may want to see Ventus again regarding Strelitzia which means that Terra is going to be involved because he'd want to be by Ventus side. Namine would get roped with these guys because she's built a pre-existing relationship with Terra through the Lingering Will, Marluxia and Larxene.

And then there's Luxu who would inevitably bring these two splintered groups of people together against him.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It would be nice but that sadly won’t happen.

Ven’s deeply entrenched in the future of this story thanks to Darkness, so no way will Terra or Aqua sit back. Kairi will get pulled along with them. Worsens and Lauriam will come into play there considering Strelitzia.

Isa and Lea are looking for Subject X, so no way would Roxas and Xion stay behind. I’m sure my UX characters will pop up here too.

The thing is we don’t know how or when they plan to resolve these storylines. Beyond Mickey going on his quest and Riku going solo to find his boyfriend, these threads are sort of left dangling. I’m going to assume that the search for Subject X and Ven’s ties to Darkness will be all in one game since there is considerable amount of overlap.

Essentially Nomura has written himself into a very crowded corner.

Katsagu

Awards
It would be nice but that sadly won’t happen.

Ven’s deeply entrenched in the future of this story thanks to Darkness, so no way will Terra or Aqua sit back. Kairi will get pulled along with them. Worsens and Lauriam will come into play there considering Strelitzia.

Isa and Lea are looking for Subject X, so no way would Roxas and Xion stay behind. I’m sure my UX characters will pop up here too.

The thing is we don’t know how or when they plan to resolve these storylines. Beyond Mickey going on his quest and Riku going solo to find his boyfriend, these threads are sort of left dangling. I’m going to assume that the search for Subject X and Ven’s ties to Darkness will be all in one game since there is considerable amount of overlap.

Essentially Nomura has written himself into a very crowded corner.

This is why I'm worried with the future, it all just feels extremely disconnected. And MoM just went ahead and added on to it.

So far, after KH3 we have like 6 plot hooks, and they're all mostly disconnected. Maybe ventus and darknesse's whole deal gets resolved on UX.

Maybe Nomura really will try to do a MCU thing. Where now we will have "solo" games for each group, or each storyline and then at the end the stories join together to have an "Avengers" type of deal. But yeah, there's like a lot.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Three people practically said the same thing…
😆

Back to more theory crafting…hmm…
  • The flow of time seems synchronized and paced in all worlds when they are fully restored. What occurs for ten years in a complete world is also ten years in another so long as that world is also complete.
    Oh boy I completely forgot about Huey Louie and Dewey…who have not aged since BBS!

NoWay

Awards
Waaaaaaait a minute

If Riku goes to Quadratum/Shibuya... could this mean the Riku centered game won’t include any Disney worlds? Imagine this scenario. A KH game which only focuses on the main story.:love:

A big open world like Game in this world...

Last edited:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I think it’s fine to refer to Quadratum as Shibuya and vice-versa. For one thing, the street sign in the ad says “Shibuya” in clear English letters. There’s one other reason, but I’m sure others can figure it out.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Waaaaaaait a minute

If Riku goes to Quadratum/Shibuya... could this mean the Riku centered game won’t include any Disney worlds? Imagine this scenario. A KH game which only focuses on the main story.:love:

A big open world like Game in this world...
I hope not. Disney worlds are the main appeal of any KH game for mr. Quadratum could work as the hub world with Disney worlds being a part of Riku's trials

Back