• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

(Possibly) no release date at E3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bagcifreak

Dualshockers just confirmed that SE never mentioned a release date reveal at D23. I mean it's still possible it's just that they never talked about it there. Maybe they reveal it even earlier... or later hehe.

Habimaru

Actually it was said by Square-Enix higher-ups that the release date would be stated between the end of the fiscal year 2017 and E3 2018, so that's an late march - mid june timeframe.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Square Enix not confirming if the date will be announced at E3 doesn't really mean anything.

We know that Kingdom Hearts III will come this year. We know Square Enix will drop release dates for their various titles between April and June. They can either drop the date at the Union Cross event in Los Angeles (too niche imo) or they will drop it at E3. Any later would show serious trouble due to either the game needing to be pushed back or a lack of marketing towards a final release date.

It could follow God of War's path - its release date was confirmed three months before the game launched. Any date at E3 could mean Kingdom Hearts 3 could launch between September - December this year.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Why would they drop the date at a event that has nothing to do with kh3 though plus we don't if the khux going to stream or not e3 makes the most sense

plus also the e3 floor plans has been leaked the booth is much bigger then lasy year booth

1235808.jpg

e3-2017-microsoft-space-will-be-half-that-sony-and-nintendo.jpg

Last edited:
Awards
Like chaser said, if they don't give us a date until E3 will seem that the game is in some kind of trouble tbh

Do you guys think Japan will get an early release date then the rest of the world like it was before or nah?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Like chaser said, if they don't give us a date until E3 will seem that the game is in some kind of trouble tbh

Do you guys think Japan will get an early release date then the rest of the world like it was before or nah?

Simultaneous release. They can’t play around with KH3 this time around. It has to release like XV or like a modern Pokemon game release.

If any version comes out first, it’ll spoil fans in other places which nobody wants. The biggest difference should really only be a few hours.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
hoestly who know at this point what they going to do as for release date the best bet to be annouced at is e3 yeah they could annoced it the khux but with the e3 floor plan much bigger then last yeah they aiming for e3 plus e3 makes since for the marketing to start to kick in

Awards
Simultaneous release. They can’t play around with KH3 this time around. It has to release like XV or like a modern Pokemon game release.

If any version comes out first, it’ll spoil fans in other places which nobody wants. The biggest difference should really only be a few hours.

I hope you're right and I'm trying to be positve that they will not delay this.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think the best marketing strategy for SE is to surprise us by announcing the release date much closer to the release date, maybe 3-4 months prior. I think announcing the release date closer to it would generate much more hype since we wouldn’t have to wait as long as we would expect to. I can already hear the, “We’ve waited so long and now suddenly it’s so close!” reactions. It would also show how confident they are in the product that they don’t need a lot of buffer room between the announcement and the release date.

So if they announce it at E3, I’d love to see it out by the end of September. I hope it would launch by November at the absolute latest. I think December is too late in the year for such a big release. They at least need to get it out prior to Black Friday for those sales.

GrumpyRoxy

It really doesn't mean anything. It's still pretty obvious that E3 is the deadline for a release date (since Hashimoto [i guess it was him] stated that KH3 release date would be announced between March and the E3) and debunking "fake news" isn't concerning at all imo.

Alja

I honestly have no idea how much in advance release dates are being announced. I personally expect a release date at E3 with the release being around November/December this year, but honestly? They could also all go out and announce it on the 16th anniversary. It would fit, too, I guess, though an announcement with a polished and English dubbed trailer at E3 will create much bigger publicity than just stating it like that lol.

But to be honest, I'm not bothered by any of this. The game is still coming in 2018, that's all I gotta know.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
i get where you cameing from but they had one major game delay and that was 2.8 that becuase xv was in the way
I believe Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days were both also delayed.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I believe Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days were both also delayed.
yeah your right this is different though with so many people on the game plus with disney helping here and there there no way they going to delay this unless they snag or something

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I honestly have no idea how much in advance release dates are being announced. I personally expect a release date at E3 with the release being around November/December this year, but honestly? They could also all go out and announce it on the 16th anniversary. It would fit, too, I guess, though an announcement with a polished and English dubbed trailer at E3 will create much bigger publicity than just stating it like that lol.

But to be honest, I'm not bothered by any of this. The game is still coming in 2018, that's all I gotta know.

Hey, maybe they’ll announce it on the Japanese 16th anniversary seeing as Sora will be about 16 in the game. Might be cheesy, but they could make it a “happy birthday, Sora” thing. Then they can release the game on the North American 16th anniversary in September. :D

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Going by when SE announced they will be making release date announcements, it doesn't matter if this is confirmed or not. If we don't have a date before E3, we can expect one at the event.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Why would they drop the date at a event that has nothing to do with kh3 though plus we don't if the khux going to stream or not e3 makes the most sense

plus also the e3 floor plans has been leaked the booth is much bigger then lasy year booth

1235808.jpg

e3-2017-microsoft-space-will-be-half-that-sony-and-nintendo.jpg

The E3 floor plans didn't leak, they always get released. These ones, however, are not finalised. Key industry figures for Microsoft have said the floor plans are not accurate to what the actual plans are.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
True it maybe inaccurate right now but I really think that how big the squareenix booth going to be plus i also think at the khux they talk about kh3 a little bit and maybe show a new world there i also believe that the place where the release date going to be at which is e3 simmular what they did last year with the orecestra and d23

Last edited:

Leaferian

Awards
I feel like someone mentioned in another thread that Nomura Tetsuya said that with KH3 the biggest delay between regional releases to expect was a few days. Is there any confirmation/proof of that?

Also, I remember reading that during their last fiscal report they committed to revealing release dates for "major titles" between the start of the new fiscal year and E3. That's, what, an April 1st to June 14th range? 2 and a half months. E3 is probably the biggest event in that chunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back