• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possible unnoticed connections involving unbirths and Terra

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameless

If someone has already mentioned these, then I am truly sorry for wasting your time. But in the past few months that I’ve read these threads, I haven’t seen anyone make these connections.

We all know that Nomura likes word-play. Even though the definition of the word heartless would mean without a heart, in the KH universe the Heartless are hearts that were lost to the darkness. And even though the definition of the word nobody would mean without a body, the Nobodies are the soul and the body without the heart.
Now I have no idea what an unbirth is, but subsequent theories should take this into account. Judging from Nomura’s history, it is very likely that Unbirth is also some sort of contradictory between the actual definition of the word and the being itself.

At about 0:19 into the KHFM2+ ending trailer for BBS we see MX “create” DS. It’s difficult to explain, but I’ll do my best: as MX is walking forward, a ghost-like form of himself is separated from his body. This ghostly image of MX moves horizontally away from him for a certain distance until it becomes DS.
Now in the beginning of the Sunset Horizons trailer (KH2 trailer for BBS) we see Terra standing alone with the remains of some creature behind him. At about 0:27 into this trailer we see a ghost-like form of Terra move horizontally back to Terra. And it isn’t until this ghost form “rejoins” Terra that he decides to turn and watch Aqua and Ven appear from a distance.
I think whatever power/ability MX has to “create” DS, Terra has it as well. I also think that at the end of the KHFM2+ ending trailer when Terra’s eyes turn yellow, he’s using this ability to form his version of DS. If I’m not mistaken, Terra had claimed he would use the power of darkness for his friends. And like Riku, he didn’t want his friends seeing him using the power of darkness. This would explain why Terra had (what I’m calling) his version of DS return to him before Aqua and Ven approached, and why he waited to use this power until the desperate situation at the end of this trailer.
Note: I realize that I may be reading into the “ghost form rejoining Terra” a bit too much. For all we know it may have just been a visual effect. However, I’d like to believe that Nomura is very precise with work and this was done on purpose.
I don’t mind if I get flamed, I just hope this helps the rest of you with your ideas and theories.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apollo

Silver Member
If someone has already mentioned these, then I am truly sorry for wasting your time. But in the past few months that I’ve read these threads, I haven’t seen anyone make these connections.

We all know that Nomura likes word-play. Even though the definition of the word heartless would mean without a heart, in the KH universe the Heartless are hearts that were lost to the darkness. And even though the definition of the word nobody would mean without a body, the Nobodies are the soul and the body without the heart.
Now I have no idea what an unbirth is, but subsequent theories should take this into account. Judging from Nomura’s history, it is very likely that Unbirth is also some sort of contradictory between the actual definition of the word and the being itself.

At about 0:19 into the KHFM2+ ending trailer for BBS we see MX “create” DS. It’s difficult to explain, but I’ll do my best: as MX is walking forward, a ghost-like form of himself is separated from his body. This ghostly image of MX moves horizontally away from him for a certain distance until it becomes DS.
Now in the beginning of the Sunset Horizons trailer (KH2 trailer for BBS) we see Terra standing alone with the remains of some creature behind him. At about 0:27 into this trailer we see a ghost-like form of Terra move horizontally back to Terra. And it isn’t until this ghost form “rejoins” Terra that he decides to turn and watch Aqua and Ven appear from a distance.
I think whatever power/ability MX has to “create” DS, Terra has it as well. I also think that at the end of the KHFM2+ ending trailer when Terra’s eyes turn yellow, he’s using this ability to form his version of DS. If I’m not mistaken, Terra had claimed he would use the power of darkness for his friends. And like Riku, he didn’t want his friends seeing him using the power of darkness. This would explain why Terra had (what I’m calling) his version of DS return to him before Aqua and Ven approached, and why he waited to use this power until the desperate situation at the end of this trailer.
Note: I realize that I may be reading into the “ghost form rejoining Terra” a bit too much. For all we know it may have just been a visual effect. However, I’d like to believe that Nomura is very precise with work and this was done on purpose.
I don’t mind if I get flamed, I just hope this helps the rest of you with your ideas and theories.

Wasn't it confirmend that the first part of the secret ending was non-cannon?

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
I always thought that was there for dramatic purposes. A ghost of himself... Are you saying a person is able to send out a copy of themself called an Unbirth, but because of Terra and MX strength it retains theirs human form. IDK

A

Audo

Wasn't it confirmend that the first part of the secret ending was non-cannon?
Not really. Both of the secret endings are still concept videos. It's just that the first video is more based in symbolism than actuality.

B

Blade5468

I always thought that was there for dramatic purposes. A ghost of himself... Are you saying a person is able to send out a copy of themself called an Unbirth, but because of Terra and MX strength it retains theirs human form. IDK

Doesn't this completely contradict with the idea of having unbirthes as the normal enemy? That would mean that practically over like a million people would have to make ghosts of themselves, which by itself apparently is an ability that would take a special person to do, or else it wouldnt be used as somewhat of a secret weapon on terra's side.

Other than that, the creating the ghost thing might be a way of artificially creating an unbirth, maybe an experiment on Xehanort's side, but I don't think its very likely.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Correct me if I'm wrong , but wasn't that a concept video. I'm not saying whether it was canon or not.
Also I just thought of something , what if Unbirths were an attempt to create artificial humans and lacked a real body,heart,soul, etc.
and the ruined experiment resulted in Unbirths?

Last edited:

Nameless

Whoa, sorry. My thoughts on unbirths and the whole Terra ghost-thing are unrelated. I just posted them together. Like I said, I have no idea what an unbirth is. I was just commenting on Nomura's pattern of contradictory meaning.

I figured that the first trailer was concept, but I thought it was worth mentioning. The similarity caught my attention and I wasn't sure if anyone else saw it. Sorry bout that.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Its ok , but practically everyone in KHI thinks that there will be a final battle very similar to the secret endings.
I'm not saying you're wrong but since the video might be non-canon, your theory maybe incorrect

B

Blade5468

Its ok , but practically everyone in KHI thinks that there will be a final battle very similar to the secret endings.
I'm not saying you're wrong but since the video might be non-canon, your theory maybe incorrect

Well I mean it's kind of a bad view of a special effect but he does have a point at creating an unbirth of yourself, I can clearly see TN doing that, but then it makes me wonder even more about where all that went now.
I mean, if there was attainable power back then I'm sure they would still use it today, because it must've been useful as hell back then (Everyone was a powerful keyblade wielder, so the level was just as good if not higher than current kh strength wise). So yeah, it really makes me wonder where all that went, which kinda means the theory makes even less sense...

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
i think those connections of the fading things should deserve much encouragement. canon or not those are the things nomura uses to hint and slot of people dont notice that. even if his hyothesis of what it meant wasnt true i thing there may certainly be a connection between the two 'ghosts'

B

Blade5468

i think those connections of the fading things should deserve much encouragement. canon or not those are the things nomura uses to hint and slot of people dont notice that. even if his hyothesis of what it meant wasnt true i thing there may certainly be a connection between the two 'ghosts'

They are honestly too different in my opinion. For one thing, one of them has him clearly coming out of him, while the other has terra standing still, then turning into two IDENTICAL, NON GHOSTY/BLACK things, which is a normal effect that used in so many different movies and games to signify tension.

ruon

well it certaintly cant be soul because nobodies are made of the body and soul. 10 years before nobodies and heartless

HeartlesGuardian

They are honestly too different in my opinion. For one thing, one of them has him clearly coming out of him, while the other has terra standing still, then turning into two IDENTICAL, NON GHOSTY/BLACK things, which is a normal effect that used in so many different movies and games to signify tension.

Terra is standing still cause he just destroyed some BA machine behind him (the one that looks like flying machine at end of KH2)

Looking at it from that point, it would make sense that Terra's "unbirth" would return to him at that point seeing as the fight is now over.

This has been noticed once or twice, but it hasn't been given alot of publicity around the forums, because alot of people (as mentioned before) think that the first part of the video was non-canon and that all we see is a visual effect.

raycat27_2003

Awards
i always thought that was just a really cool looking effect. we're just gonna have to wait until the game comes out to really be sure.

B

Blade5468

Terra is standing still cause he just destroyed some BA machine behind him (the one that looks like flying machine at end of KH2)

Looking at it from that point, it would make sense that Terra's "unbirth" would return to him at that point seeing as the fight is now over.

This has been noticed once or twice, but it hasn't been given alot of publicity around the forums, because alot of people (as mentioned before) think that the first part of the video was non-canon and that all we see is a visual effect.

The effect is definitely not the same, and the fact that he destroyed whatever doesn't really matter, because I'm just saying that it's a standing still terra thats turning into two IDENTICAL copies, the effect is completely different (Although it is concept, so idk) But honestly, its a visual effect thats been used in SO many different places that I dont think it should be taken seriously.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0

it clearly shows terra face the way the ghost is merging from ,after it has finished he turns away.
im just saying nomura proberbly leaves heaps of hints like this that he may never actually explore but he puts them in to keep his options open in case he hits a plot hole or wants to make a sequel that explains that. like how coded will explain why pluto just appears and dissapears apparently. thats a game that explores previously specuated theories that nomura has left a mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back