• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possible return of the Keyblade Armour??

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

khoury93

Hey guys, this is my first post here, but after reading so many awesome theories and playing the games one thing sort of stood out to me, that i don't think has been addressed yet.

Originally the keyblade armour was designed solely as a new means of hiding new characters in the kh2 secret movie the gathering. From here we learn afterwards that it's essentially a flashy replacement for the black coats. However if this was the case i feel it might be something that would've died off in khBbS,

after this i began to think about how nomura always tends to foreshadow future games with bosses and story plots that may go unnoticed at first and a few that sort of all tied in together started to get me thinking. at the end of BBS we see Terra's armour remain as the lingering will, aquas armour gathered in the room of repose? and spoken to by then xemnas, however we never see vens armour reappear...not until 3D. what if they keyblade armour is more than just a flashy coat and conncected to the heart? this would make a lot more sense of certain scenes specifically the scene in which xemnas is shown somehow connecting with and talking to aquas armour as well as ven's armour coming to soras rescue, whilst of course vens heart still resides within sora?

on top of this all the armour doesn't end here, as with all final mixes that have eluded to future titles BbS also introduces the armour of the master and No Heart. interestingly enough as well is that in kh2 when xemnas summons similar keyblade armour we learn in kh3d that he may have in fact had a heart by this stage as not all nobodies remain without a heart?

these are just some things that started crossing my mind and i'd love to hear your feedback

khoury93

also please excuse all the poor grammar, spelling and punctuation, it's late and i'm definitely in need of sleep!!

Muke

whatever
Awards
also please excuse all the poor grammar, spelling and punctuation, it's late and i'm definitely in need of sleep!!

It's okay, really. Just use the 'Edit'-Button next time instead of writing a new post. :3

Anagram

Banned
Wow a new member that knew both the coat and armor was just to hide unfinished designs. You my friend are a rarely informed new comer. o_o

On topic of armors though I dont wanna see them. They're superfluous to both gummi ships and even star shards and as Xehanort demonstrated barely a means of defense against strong opponents so I see no reason or need to bring them back.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
On topic of armors though I dont wanna see them. They're superfluous to both gummi ships and even star shards and as Xehanort demonstrated barely a means of defense against strong opponents so I see no reason or need to bring them back.

I don't get the vibe that the OP actually meant to propose giving out Keyblade armor to the whole cast, but the proposal that the armors we have already seen have a bit of a deeper connection to their owners than what has been shown so far.
As in that the armor is tied to the heart of its owner just like their Keyblades are.

This is actually a new and creative way to look at the armor that I don't think has been really brought up yet.
The observations made about all of the armors somehow extending their owners influence to the present in different ways are also very interesting to read.

Pandymint

Awards
I'd like to see them come back as a sort of optional skin/outfit type deal. I just think they look cool.

Popsydoodles

With that theory it might be possible for Xehanort's old keyblade armor to be a possible SoD. And if that's the case I wonder if they would bring back Terra and Eraqus' armor in some way.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Hmmm...at this point in the story I don't feel like there's anything deeper to them because the canon stuff is usually explained away as "heart power". Not in the sense that the armour has special properties, just general Heart-Ex-Machina stuff. We've seen similar variants of "possessed clothing" (for a better lack of words) or beings that take on the forms of "clothing" like Anti Black Coat and Vanitas Remnant. It's kind of a similar concept I guess to keeping characters hidden in that it posses a sens of mystery. All the "clothing beings" have been antagonistic so far so it gives that feeling of not really knowing what you're fighting.

Buuuttt I think if Nomura wanted to, he can add more detail later on since the concept behind armour is still very blank. Just looking at what we have now, I don't feel like it's foreshadowing. I think the only story relevant armour we've seen in canon is Terra's and Aqua's.

If armour has its own heart power though this is how I wan't it to play out:

Sora and Xehanort both get their own armour, upgraded and so advanced that they're sentient. The problem with them though is that the heart power is so overwhelming that it can't be used to cover their whole bodies, so its pretty scant. It also can't be used for long periods of time because it drains their hearts. In order to try and and strengthen his forces, Xehanort offers lower grade armour to the Disney villains that still greatly inhance their powers, but are significantly weaker in comparison to his and Sora's. Sora has no choice but to fight the newly beefed up Disney villains because whenever he defeats them, he destroys their armour which release Lux and his own armour absorbs it, making it stronger.

Also because of the armour's special properties, Sora has to use a special keychain that transforms his Keyblade into a giant pair of scissors to slice through them. When he finally collects enough Lux, he can ascend to Sora Kisaragi and fight Xehanort who's own armour has transformed into Shinra-koketsu after absorbing the power of Kingdom Hearts. After they fight, both of their armour is destroyed and they're left nude in space. Xehanort destroys his own heart out of pride and Sora falling stars it back to a nearby world.

Just like this or no dice.

I'm so sorry, I didn't get enough sleep last night.

khoury93

I don't get the vibe that the OP actually meant to propose giving out Keyblade armor to the whole cast, but the proposal that the armors we have already seen have a bit of a deeper connection to their owners than what has been shown so far.
As in that the armor is tied to the heart of its owner just like their Keyblades are.

This is actually a new and creative way to look at the armor that I don't think has been really brought up yet.
The observations made about all of the armors somehow extending their owners influence to the present in different ways are also very interesting to read.

Yeah exactly that! i definitely knew it was a long shot, I just felt as though nomura always added in relevant extras with the final mixes (xemnas in kh1 and lingering will/terra's will in kh2). Then with BbS the fact it was only an arena match made it very easy to downplay as nothing, when it could just be the slightest hint

Popsydoodles

Yeah exactly that! i definitely knew it was a long shot, I just felt as though nomura always added in relevant extras with the final mixes (xemnas in kh1 and lingering will/terra's will in kh2). Then with BbS the fact it was only an arena match made it very easy to downplay as nothing, when it could just be the slightest hint

It makes me wonder why they don't just have their armor fight alongside them. If their will is strong enough to give it life then why not? Then again they only have one keyblade. Maybe this is something Sora could utilize if he had armor…

khoury93

It makes me wonder why they don't just have their armor fight alongside them. If their will is strong enough to give it life then why not? Then again they only have one keyblade. Maybe this is something Sora could utilize if he had armor…

I get where you're coming from but i was thinking maybe more along the lines of it acting in the absence of a body, in the same way that aquas keyblade and armour saved terra from the realm of darkness kind of thing

Seighart

Awards
I would love to see them return. Maybe just to show off some flair. The armor looked like it provided protection from a lot. Watching the cinematic fight between TAV vs Xehanort makes me think so. I mean, Xehanort froze Ven almost solid, Terra got pelted by keyblades, and Aqua slammed into the ground from a high stand point. I'd hope the armor would return for the final battle at least. Besides, why else would they activate the armor against Xehanort if it wasn't going to protect them?

Imagine if they didn't have the armor during that fight. I don't think any of them would've lived.

Joker'sHeartless

Awards
If armour has its own heart power though this is how I wan't it to play out:

Sora and Xehanort both get their own armour, upgraded and so advanced that they're sentient. The problem with them though is that the heart power is so overwhelming that it can't be used to cover their whole bodies, so its pretty scant. It also can't be used for long periods of time because it drains their hearts. In order to try and and strengthen his forces, Xehanort offers lower grade armour to the Disney villains that still greatly inhance their powers, but are significantly weaker in comparison to his and Sora's. Sora has no choice but to fight the newly beefed up Disney villains because whenever he defeats them, he destroys their armour which release Lux and his own armour absorbs it, making it stronger.

Also because of the armour's special properties, Sora has to use a special keychain that transforms his Keyblade into a giant pair of scissors to slice through them. When he finally collects enough Lux, he can ascend to Sora Kisaragi and fight Xehanort who's own armour has transformed into Shinra-koketsu after absorbing the power of Kingdom Hearts. After they fight, both of their armour is destroyed and they're left nude in space. Xehanort destroys his own heart out of pride and Sora falling stars it back to a nearby world.

Just like this or no dice.

I'm so sorry, I didn't get enough sleep last night.
Yes. We will call that section of the game "Key la Key", and as a plot twist, it will turn out that Sora was a human/armor hybrid all along!

I would love to see them return. Maybe just to show off some flair. The armor looked like it provided protection from a lot. Watching the cinematic fight between TAV vs Xehanort makes me think so. I mean, Xehanort froze Ven almost solid, Terra got pelted by keyblades, and Aqua slammed into the ground from a high stand point. I'd hope the armor would return for the final battle at least. Besides, why else would they activate the armor against Xehanort if it wasn't going to protect them?

Imagine if they didn't have the armor during that fight. I don't think any of them would've lived.
That's what I've been saying since BbS came out! Even if Sora and the gang don't need need the magical properties, it's still a literal suit of armor

at the end of BBS we see Terra's armour remain as the lingering will, aquas armour gathered in the room of repose? and spoken to by then xemnas, however we never see vens armour reappear...not until 3D. what if they keyblade armour is more than just a flashy coat and conncected to the heart? this would make a lot more sense of certain scenes specifically the scene in which xemnas is shown somehow connecting with and talking to aquas armour as well as ven's armour coming to soras rescue, whilst of course vens heart still resides within sora?

on top of this all the armour doesn't end here, as with all final mixes that have eluded to future titles BbS also introduces the armour of the master and No Heart. interestingly enough as well is that in kh2 when xemnas summons similar keyblade armour we learn in kh3d that he may have in fact had a heart by this stage as not all nobodies remain without a heart?
Well, the reason Ven's armor hasn't physically shown up again is because he still has it. In both the previous cases, the wielders summoned their armor from (within?) their shoulder pauldron thingies and then discarded it.

Also, I think it was mentioned somewhere that the Mirage Arena battles are non canon, so even though those suits of armor are most likely the ones that Eraqus and Xehanort used, unlike the Lingering Will, our heroes never actually fought them (that we know of).

Golden Weapon

No is bad if the new ultimate power (Or final form) of Sora in KH3 is the ability of him use one Keyblade Armor holding Oblivion and Oathkeeper, if these two recurring keyblades no have any transformation.

.xone

Awards
I think it maybe will happen. Nomura maybe will put this feature correspond from 0.2.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
the keyblade armor is really superfluous...

but it looks extremely badass so i'd like to see an optional, customizable suit for sora in multiplayer mode.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I think I'd like to see armor return just so I can yell "Go go Power Rangerrrs!" and "Because I'm BATMAN!" while bashing the Heartless' faces in.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I really hope that the armour doesn't come back. I thought it was cool for Terra, Aqua and Ven, but Sora and Riku (even Mickey) doesn't have it and it'd seem weird to just give him that now as well. Maybe at the end of KH3 he can be bestowed armour, but I think having the armour will make Sora's design lamer.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I really hope that the armour doesn't come back. I thought it was cool for Terra, Aqua and Ven, but Sora and Riku (even Mickey) doesn't have it and it'd seem weird to just give him that now as well. Maybe at the end of KH3 he can be bestowed armour, but I think having the armour will make Sora's design lamer.
brace yourself just in case bruh, the face shield is gonna make your puke hit you in the face.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
I think the armor as a design concept is pretty cool and I'd love to see it return and I have reason to believe that the armor is a manifestation of their wills. The will to protect themselves from darkness/harm and the will to do what it's owner desires... like saving Terra at the end of last episode or to reclaim his body from Terranort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back