• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possible Reason as to why BBS takes place 10 years before KH1?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I noticed something about a few movies that have become worlds in KH. The following all have a back story that takes place 10-11 years before the original movie.

Atlantica:
The original movie's plot takes place in KH2. We know that Ariel's mom died 11 years before the original movie's plot. BBS just happens to be 11 years before KH2, which would mean that BBS matches perfectly with Atlantica's backstory.

Beast's Castle:
The enchantress turned the prince into a beast 10 years before he met Belle. Since he probably met Belle close to the begining of KH1 that would BBS around the time the enchantress turned him into a beast.

Agrabah:
Alladin's father left Alladin about 10 years before the original movie. So once again these events happen around the time of BBS.

This is just a pattern I noticed about disney movies and the ones in KH. So this fact could have had some influence on when BBS should take place, since each of these backstories could be used as plots in BBS.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I think you need to rewind and look at the motif shared between your examples as well.

10 years. It's all but a standard for past-plots, especially when you're dealing with characters in their teens up to their twenties.
Long enough for something epic and meaningful to have happened and sooth down slightly to allow a "status quo" to be built up, and then shaken up in the present day story, but not too long ago so it'd be irrelevant, if only because your leading characters weren't even around yet.
SRK are aged 14-15 in KH1, and 15-16 in KH2. Putting BBS any more before KH1 would have it irrelevant to Sora's story, and any less - too close to the current day's events to allow us the illusion of peace and stability they're supposed to end up smashing.

I'm not outright ruling out the fact they also chose that time frame because that would give them more Disney plots, but
1) that never stopped them before from messing with Disney plots and change the times. Also, they're bringing in new worlds - so it's not like they're wholly dependent on the worlds we've seen thus far.
Personally, I'd be happier to never ever see Agrabah in a KH game again, I'm that sick of it.
2) I think that had they thought about it that deeply, we wouldn't have had the Alice issue right now (though that just might be resolved if ever even looked into)

A

Azrael

I think you need to rewind and look at the motif shared between your examples as well.

10 years. It's all but a standard for past-plots, especially when you're dealing with characters in their teens up to their twenties.
Long enough for something epic and meaningful to have happened and sooth down slightly to allow a "status quo" to be built up, and then shaken up in the present day story, but not too long ago so it'd be irrelevant, if only because your leading characters weren't even around yet.
SRK are aged 14-15 in KH1, and 15-16 in KH2. Putting BBS any more before KH1 would have it irrelevant to Sora's story, and any less - too close to the current day's events to allow us the illusion of peace and stability they're supposed to end up smashing.

I'm not outright ruling out the fact they also chose that time frame because that would give them more Disney plots, but
1) that never stopped them before from messing with Disney plots and change the times. Also, they're bringing in new worlds - so it's not like they're wholly dependent on the worlds we've seen thus far.
Personally, I'd be happier to never ever see Agrabah in a KH game again, I'm that sick of it.
2) I think that had they thought about it that deeply, we wouldn't have had the Alice issue right now (though that just might be resolved if ever even looked into)

The 10 years motif I had certainly noticed in Disney movies. And why hate Agrabah, I love it personally.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Maybe, for Pirates of the Carribean, but the cartoon Disney worlds look to be the important things in this point.

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
I noticed something about a few movies that have become worlds in KH. The following all have a back story that takes place 10-11 years before the original movie.

Atlantica:
The original movie's plot takes place in KH2. We know that Ariel's mom died 11 years before the original movie's plot. BBS just happens to be 11 years before KH2, which would mean that BBS matches perfectly with Atlantica's backstory.

Beast's Castle:
The enchantress turned the prince into a beast 10 years before he met Belle. Since he probably met Belle close to the begining of KH1 that would BBS around the time the enchantress turned him into a beast.

Agrabah:
Alladin's father left Alladin about 10 years before the original movie. So once again these events happen around the time of BBS.

This is just a pattern I noticed about disney movies and the ones in KH. So this fact could have had some influence on when BBS should take place, since each of these backstories could be used as plots in BBS.
Now the only one that could be a probable plot would be the Beauty and the Beast one. I like that, it makes sense.

For the other two, they wouldn't make these plots for the games because in the movies, I'm fairly certain that these characters weren't introduced and that their stories weren't really that important. For example, if Ariel's mom just randomly showed up in the game, everybody would be like, "Who the fuck is that?" because she was not shown in the movie as Ariel's mom. This is just me working off of my memory, I'm not 100% sure if these characters were shown in the movies or not.

Muse

you look atrocious
Now the only one that could be a probable plot would be the Beauty and the Beast one. I like that, it makes sense.

For the other two, they wouldn't make these plots for the games because in the movies, I'm fairly certain that these characters weren't introduced and that their stories weren't really that important. For example, if Ariel's mom just randomly showed up in the game, everybody would be like, "Who the fuck is that?" because she was not shown in the movie as Ariel's mom. This is just me working off of my memory, I'm not 100% sure if these characters were shown in the movies or not.

I agree with Aladdin not being in BBS. It doesn't make sense to me. You don't have Genie, Abu, the magic carpet, all you have is an eight year old Aladdin. Not very much help.

But if Atlantica was in BBS, it could at least explain why Trident dislikes Outsiders and those who bear a Keyblade so much.

Radon

mofo

ariels mom has appeared in the new direct to dvd little mermaid movie but i beleive it was only a very small part. so i dont think that if they put atlantica in bbs everybody would straight away go "oh look theres ariels mom!". i think atlantica should give bbs a miss and maybe give an appearence in kh3.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
Atlantica in games which takes place after KH2 would not work very well. Ariel has already became human and part of the world she always wanted to be in during the events of KH2, so her story is essentially complete. And I hope that they do not put in the Little Mermaid 2's plot in any of the KH games since it is basically a rehash of the first movie. If it is placed in BBS, it has much more potential cos of the backstory hints dropped in KH1. Ariel's mom does not neccessarily have to be included as BBS could deal with the aftermath of her death, and the trouble TAV brings along with them into that world so soon after that could pretty much piss King Triton off.

A

Azrael

Who's with me with having Ariel's mother as one of the BwHoPL as the fill-in for Alice who's not supposed to have been born yet?

Interesting although I would had prefferred that you said Ventus or Aqua but Ariel's mother makes some sort of sense.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Oh, I support either of the two being BwHoPL. This is a Disney discussion though, and one that deals with the things that happened 10 years prior to KH1.
Ariel's Mother being a BwHoPL will not only give us Atlantica in BBS which we all want, assuming it's either Aqua and Ven going there - otherwise it'll just be plain scary - but also an explanation about why Triton hates the Keyblade.

A

Azrael

Oh, I support either of the two being BwHoPL. This is a Disney discussion though, and one that deals with the things that happened 10 years prior to KH1.
Ariel's Mother being a BwHoPL will not only give us Atlantica in BBS which we all want, assuming it's either Aqua and Ven going there - otherwise it'll just be plain scary - but also an explanation about why Triton hates the Keyblade.

True, but they would have to try harder than just giving us a story based a movie and add quite a bit to it like Atlantica was treated in KH1

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
SA's idea about Ariel's mom being a BwHoPL is cool and makes a lot of sense.
True, but they would have to try harder than just giving us a story based a movie and add quite a bit to it like Atlantica was treated in KH1
I doubt they would base Atlantica's story on the Little Mermaid 3 as Ariel's mom only appeared for like 5 mins.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Get caught up with your disney knowledge, the little mermaid 3 showed Ariel's mom being killed. They even said her name. But I forgot what it is now. So yes we have seen Ariel's mom. She even looks alot like Ariel but with lighter color of hair.

Now imagine in BBS, TAV is responsible for Airel's mom's death. That would give Triton reason to hate the keyblade weilders.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now there is another backstory of Atlantica. In the original movie, Ursula said she once lived in the palace but was banished. We don't know when this happened or why she was banished but it could work as a plot.

Either way there is just so much that they could do with Atlantica in BBS. I hope we see it in magazine scan soon. :D

raycat27_2003

Awards
i think atlantica should be in bbs. it would explain a lot about why king triton hates the keyblade.

on a side note, this may get me yelled @, but there are some terms that ya'll use that i don't understand:

TAV
BwHoPL

i have played these games be4, but these are the 1st time i'm hearing about these terms.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
on a side note, this may get me yelled @, but there are some terms that ya'll use that i don't understand:

TAV
BwHoPL

i have played these games be4, but these are the 1st time i'm hearing about these terms.

Uh, no you didn't play those games before, because those are Birth By Sleep (henceforth referred to as BBS) related terms.
TAV = Terra, Aqua, Ven. This can come in any order of the letters though I personally find this to be the most comfortable to use because Aqua's A being in the middle makes it easier to pronounce.
BwHoPL = Being with Heart of Pure Light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back