• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Possible] new emblem from JF '08 scan

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Hey there. I've been looking through the new scans, and something that caught my eye in particular was the emblem on the enemy's chest outside Snow White's cottage and Cinderella's castle. Much like Heartless often wore the crest on their chest, I've found something similar.

NewEmblemhidef.jpg

It seems to be showing a heart at the centre, surrounded by what could be rays (of darkness?), or blades (as many have speculated to resemble the Keyblade, and the hearts of those fallen and consumed).

POSSIBLE THEORY: Inspired by -Arcana-X-, we could use V.A.T.13's [now slightly modified] sketch to explain what this new symbol could mean.

Newemblemsketch-2.jpg

Kairi's Grandmother said:
Long ago, people lived in peace, bathed in the warmth of light. Everyone loved the light. Then people began to fight over it. They wanted to keep it for themselves. And darkness was born in their hearts. The darkness spread, swallowing the light and many people’s hearts. It covered everything, and the world disappeared. But small fragments of light survived...in the hearts of children. With these fragments of light, children rebuilt the lost world. It’s the world we live in now. But the true light
sleeps, deep within the darkness. That’s why the worlds are still scattered, divided from each other. But someday, a door to the innermost darkness will open. And the true light will return. So, listen, child. Even in the deepest darkness, there will always be a light to guide you. Believe in the light, and the darkness will never defeat you. Your heart will shine with its power and push the darkness away. Do you understand, Kairi?

I think from this we can deduct that the darkness was formed out of man's heart, and from the hearts now consumed came the Heartless, a by-product. There's a lot we could take from this actually, including the children rebuilding the world. Since Birth By Sleep is a prequel, a lot could be explained, perhaps even Kairi's Keyblade. But this is going off the topic of the actual insignia. If we use this story to explain the new emblem found upon the enemies, it could show darkness coming out of the heart, not light. They come from the heart, whereas Heartless come from where there is now void. So conclusively, the Heartless perhaps evolved from this new race, which later learnt to steal the heart. Whether they were replaced or extinguished, we do not know, but this emblem can help us speculate at least.

What do you think? Discuss! =]

-- Andy

Last edited:

Nintandy

Bronze Member
The thing is, Heartless were not around at this time. These enemies are entirely new o_o. It's good to know that they might have an emblem though, and it's not a crown like I saw a few people guessing at haha. I have to admit though, the enemy style is very similar.

-- Andy

V

V.A.T.13

Yea, I noticed it too. It looks like the Disney logo or that heart symbol on Terra's crotch. o.o
I'll try to scribble what I see in paint.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Yea, that's just about what I saw ^^. The problem now is trying to figure out what it actually means, if anything. It may just be some sort of brand emblazened on the enemies for identification, and nothing less. Or it could be purely symbolic, and reveal the true nature of the beasts. Either way, I think we can only guess for now, unless anyone has a theory to support an idea?

Thanks for the comments by the way!!

-- Andy

Twinblades

all i know is new enemy new logo new danger!
lol so corny
but yeah its a new logo it looks like the heartless thingy with dots under it

Nintandy

Bronze Member
To me it resembles a mix between the Centaur from the Land of Dragons, the giant fish Heartless from Atlantica in KH1, and a Large Body O_O. Wow, what a combination. It all depends which angle you see it from I think. It's such an idea which drew my attention to the emblem actually. After all, it is placed in a similar location to all the other Heartless I just listed - in clear sight and bold.

-- Andy

V

V.A.T.13

I too saw it as a type of "Large body".
So whatever that is, it's probably been created while those other things are "natural".
I bet there are better shots of these symbols but whoever took the pics sucks. D<

Nintandy

Bronze Member
It'll be good to get in game footage. I'm sure we'll get better defined shots in the coming weeks as well. These enemies must come from somewhere, and must go somewhere!

-- Andy

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Well Japan's not getting it til early 09 and we're getting late 09 so they've got a while to keep us hooked and tell us some things

Nintandy

Bronze Member
I think he's right, although Japan should be getting it mid to late 2008. We'll almost certainly get it quite a while afterwards ^^;. So yea, a lot of time for mindless speculation and magazine scans to figure out!

-- Andy

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
^ You mean 08, right ?

No, japan's getting 358/2 Days this summer, then coded around the fall, and BBS will come out next summer.
So we might get 358/2 Days around fall next year, coded next summer or spring (09), and BBS around fall 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back