• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possible NA Release Date for KH3D?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm kind of surprised it won't be coming out earlier. If Square is really localizing as immediately as they claim to be, I don't see why the release date would be that far off. I'm hoping for early June or (optimistically) late May. Three months of avoiding spoilers is a lot to ask of a fan. It's also just after my sister's birthday so that's where all my money will be going at that time. :<

I'm a little surprised too. On an official update I thought I had read they were really stressing a relatively back to back release and localization. I'm wishing for July 1st, in this case, if not only for an excuse to beat the sweltering-balls heat of a Texan summer as soon as it allows. (The Lord's day would take on a whole new meaning.) :Y

MadasaHatter

Surprised no one's noticed, the date says July 7th to me. I don't know if they changed it but I saw the link right now and thats what it says, sooo.....could this be the real date?

Also think it's funny how a lot of people are complaining about the date. LOL I think this is really soon, at least to me and regardless of what exact date it comes out, I can't wait! Honestly is it really that hard to avoid spoilers??:confused:

MadasaHatter

Oh haha, I read it the american way and got confused! @_@ continue on!

Anyways considering the VA has supposedly been completed I wouldn't be surprised that this would be somewhat accurate. And also since EU said July 27th(although pulled off) makes it even more confirmed! This game is coming sooner than I anticipated!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Oh haha, I read it the american way and got confused! @_@ continue on!

Anyways considering the VA has supposedly been completed I wouldn't be surprised that this would be somewhat accurate. And also since EU said July 27th(although pulled off) makes it even more confirmed! This game is coming sooner than I anticipated!
Not all of the VA work has been completed.

Todaface

Funny, I actually went to Gamestop today to ask them about if there was any news about the special edition game with the special card to see if it would be released with the bundle (or really any information they could give me since I already pre-order the DDD game in full). The guy told me that their placeholder was July 1st but that nothing is confirmed as of yet. He did say to call around that date for more information about the bundle and limited edition.

That DID give me some hope though that the limited edition will be released in the states!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Funny, I actually went to Gamestop today to ask them about if there was any news about the special edition game with the special card to see if it would be released with the bundle (or really any information they could give me since I already pre-order the DDD game in full). The guy told me that their placeholder was July 1st but that nothing is confirmed as of yet. He did say to call around that date for more information about the bundle and limited edition.

That DID give me some hope though that the limited edition will be released in the states!

I wish my GameStop was that awesome. They just say Winter 2012/December 31st 2012-January 1st 2013 rofl. Do you live in Canada?

KevVentus

Surprised no one's noticed, the date says July 7th to me. I don't know if they changed it but I saw the link right now and thats what it says, sooo.....could this be the real date?

Also think it's funny how a lot of people are complaining about the date. LOL I think this is really soon, at least to me and regardless of what exact date it comes out, I can't wait! Honestly is it really that hard to avoid spoilers??:confused:

Ha. Is it really hard to avoid spoilers she asks.

I may be able to make it if it really is 3 months. But it'll still be tough

Silent hero_

Awards
I'm kind of surprised it won't be coming out earlier. If Square is really localizing as immediately as they claim to be, I don't see why the release date would be that far off. I'm hoping for early June or (optimistically) late May. Three months of avoiding spoilers is a lot to ask of a fan. It's also just after my sister's birthday so that's where all my money will be going at that time. :<

Yeah. I were over-optimistic and hoped for a late April or early May release (for both NA and EU)... as I said, too optimistic. Anyways, S-E isn't exactly known for keeping their "promises".

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I wish my GameStop was that awesome. They just say Winter 2012/December 31st 2012-January 1st 2013 rofl. Do you live in Canada?

Actually, you are kind of the lucky ones. Gamestop's have no idea at this point if the limited edition bundle in coming out there, if it was, it would be confirmed by pretty much every Gamestop. So when a Gamestop says it is possible, it is bascially giving you false hope, because that hope is backed by absolutely no proof whatsoever. It happened to me for the Days DSi :(

whisperingspirit

Awards
Well the estimated date isn't too far off. But they may be releasing an English trailer soon. The NA site for the game is no longer text and has reverted back to the original layout as it was before. Except this time the Japanese trailer isn't loading up (well for me it's not). They must have just changed it a few days ago since I had checked it earlier last week.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well the estimated date isn't too far off. But they may be releasing an English trailer soon. The NA site for the game is no longer text and has reverted back to the original layout as it was before. Except this time the Japanese trailer isn't loading up (well for me it's not). They must have just changed it a few days ago since I had checked it earlier last week.

It only just started working yesterday. xD

And you aren't the only one. The video isn't there.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com

If people could wait nine months between BbS releases in JP and NA, they can wait three to four months for 3D.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If people could wait nine months between BbS releases in JP and NA, they can wait three to four months for 3D.

Thing was, people pretty much ragequited around that time. Endless days of no news. It was painful to deal with. Some people buckled and just watched the game online. I'm sure if the game had come out sooner than later, it could have sold more.

Instant gratification and all that jazz...

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
We've been getting quite a bit of info lately. I could probably hold my sanity for three to four months and not spoil anything this time.

Absolute

The problem is that the 9 month wait got backlash from fans as it is usually still brought up here today. Added to the fact that we were told that localization has been going on closely alongside the Japanese version and the fact that recent Square games have had an incredibly shorter gap between Japan and States releases to the point where there is about a month difference now, you can see why people would be annoyed at a 3 to 4 month wait. Yes, they are relieved that its not a 9 month wait, but will all the other games and talk about 3D as if the games were being worked on at the same time, people were expecting it to have less of a gap between releases.

I mean, FFXIII-2, a console game, had barely a month between the two releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back