• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possible KH 3D animations found within BBS FM. 3D may run on BBS engine.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

So I logged into YouTube and found out that one of the people I was subscribed to had liked this.

Also noteworthy is the following video:

Sorry if this has been posted before. This second video says "as seen on KHI fourms".

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Nice!

so if they are using the bbs engine, will development be faster?

God i hate this drought :(

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
2nd video won't load for me... :/

Anyways, replying to Silver_Soul: Sort of... It cuts out development of a new engine, but not really anything else.

EDIT: It loaded. Wow, those eyes were a little freaky.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
1:16 on the second vid is an... interesting perspective. XD

Though I guess this just goes to show that 3D's character models are nothing that the PSP can't handle. =P Kind of disappointing, considering that the BbS models are are a lot lower-poly than the KH2 ones were. BbS's HQ models are ~3,000 as opposed to KH2's ~5,000 (they're actually closer to the ~2,500-poly battle models from KH2, which raises the question of why they ever needed the pasted-on faces to begin with =P).

Ikkin

Bronze Member
This thought just came to me, but why are TAV in their armor for that scene whenever you see them?
Probably whoever did this is just showing off their skill with taking models from the game code

Yeah, that's what I think it is. The HQ models are replaced by armor!TAV, and the low-poly models are replaced by Riku/Kairi/Sora. They probably did it because the Riku/Kairi/Sora aren't rigged properly for their faces to move the same way that TAV's do, and the video-maker wanted to avoid PikaMan-style creepiness.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
So, this totally proves all the cutscenes, trailers and pictures we've seen so far about KH3D have been rendered on a PSP rather than a 3DS and that those cutscenes have been running under the BBS graphic engine.

could prove the E3 no-show
Nomoura may have very well been lying to us the whole time

bgizzles45

you do all understand that it's possible to use the same models and animations on all systems, right? the fact that they put animations on bbs was just because that happened to be the game they were making.

This. The Donald and Goofy that was in KH: BBS were the same Donald and Goofy from KH1

I think that's one reason why we haven't seen KH on a next generation console yet because the team is too lazy to remake the models from scratch.

Hell, the 4-5 year old Sora, Riku and Kairi from BBS was taken directly from KH1 flashback scenes.

Last edited:

superbanana

earth (but thats just what an alien would want you
I think that's one reason why we haven't seen KH on a next generation console yet because the team is too lazy to remake the models from scratch.

this.

they could still make a game on a next-gen console but it would look pretty terrible graphic-wise compared to what the ps3 is capable of. look at the new tomb raider game then look at kh1. theres a difference.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't understand what you mean. I really doubt what system the videos are being rendered on would affect him showing new stuff.

as in Nomoura tricked us into believing the image that was first shown to be on DS when it was probably rendered using the PSP

Ikkin

Bronze Member
This. The Donald and Goofy that was in KH: BBS were the same Donald and Goofy from KH1

Hell, the 4-5 year old Sora, Riku and Kairi from BBS was taken directly from KH1 flashback scenes.

I rather doubt that they're the same exact models; the HQ models for Sora, Riku, and Kairi were definitely new, and I suspect that they at least optimized the Donald and Goofy models for the PSP since, IIRC, 2001-era Squaresoft was fairly wasteful of polygons and texture-space, both of which they had significantly less of on PSP.

Optimizing the models for PS3/Vita wouldn't be that hard, either, since they already have super-HQ versions of the models to use in renders, and they wouldn't get much benefit from working from the ground up because most benefits of HD consoles aren't applicable to KH characters (it's not like creating normal maps would really change the way the characters look all that much).

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
^Pleasethat will remake the models at least for SRK and TVA and all final fantasy characters. Although Disney characters can look more 3d cartoony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back