• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possible DLC for KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum End

I know i'm already thinking ahead of the KH3 but with games coming out in this generation are getting season pass (DLC) is it safe to assume that KH3 might get one? and if so what kind of content do you guys want to bring to the table? Me personally i want new bosses added with cool items to obtain, maybe multiplayer modes if they choose to add it, as well as getting more story content even after the game is finish! Its a long shot but it could happen!!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
You know what would be even better? SE could prove themselves exceptional by releasing a KH3 that's not only complete, but stuffed with content and story-important goodies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
You know what would be even better? SE could prove themselves exceptional by releasing a KH3 that's not only complete, but stuffed with content and story-important goodies.
Simple as this. Just give us the diddlying game completed. And if they really want to make DLCs do some simple stuff like clothes or something. I dunno. Or keyblades or whatever.

Wonderful

Awards
Make the DLC the Final Mix, aka, one just decently sized expansion kind of thing that adds new enemies, recolours, extra bosses, more content, but do it like a year or so after release (like a FM). Don't do microtransactions. Don't try and sell extra Disney worlds as DLC.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Make the DLC the Final Mix, aka, one just decently sized expansion kind of thing that adds new enemies, recolours, extra bosses, more content, but do it like a year or so after release (like a FM). Don't do microtransactions. Don't try and sell extra Disney worlds as DLC.
yep, I agree. Especially with the Disney-Worlds related segment. That'd just be a D*$! Move from Square.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
yep, I agree. Especially with the Disney-Worlds related segment. That'd just be a D*$! Move from Square.
A true duck move from SE would be to lock up some really story-important content as DLC. Expansion packs for "true endings" or whatever they call it these days. THAT would be plain awful.

Muke

whatever
Awards
A true duck move from SE would be to lock up some really story-important content as DLC. Expansion packs for "true endings" or whatever they call it these days. THAT would be plain awful.
This I like. It'd be even worse for those who do not have any internet or so. And it'd be especially horrible, 'cause that'd mean they'd release an unfinished game which is baaaad.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
This I like. It'd be even worse for those who do not have any internet or so. And it'd be especially horrible, 'cause that'd mean they'd release an unfinished game which is baaaad.
That, and it would scatter the story even more, which is the main reason why a lot of people got so frustrated with this franchise in the first place.

Buuut hey, Nomura seems a bit more aware of his audience and caring for his own creations than some others (ain't that right, Konami and EA?). I'm gonna hope that he prioritizes creating a quality game over just making some cheap money.

Muke

whatever
Awards
That, and it would scatter the story even more, which is the main reason why a lot of people got so frustrated with this franchise in the first place.

Buuut hey, Nomura seems a bit more aware of his audience and caring for his own creations than some others (ain't that right, Konami and EA?). I'm gonna hope that he prioritizes creating a quality game over just making some cheap money.
Hehe, you're absolutely right. I trust Nomura on that~. Sure he won't mess up. :3

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

uc1bs2qh.jpg

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Sheesh... XIII was dealt a bad card all-around, wasn't it... and I heard that even with all that DLC, the ending didn't really change in the end.
Well, let's hope that SE learned from their mistakes?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I feel utterly sick to my stomach thinking about DLC for KH3. Make the game a complete game and release that, what is the point of holding back stuff off of the disc to just make us pay more? I wouldn't be opposed to additional stuff (such as keyblades, costumes, and other minor things) being added a year or so after the game is released. I just don't want anything major getting sold to us, that should be ON THE DISC.

Griewer

Awards
Even if they do plan to include DLC, I just hope that it won't be connected to the games story/narrative in any way. I could see them including Final Mix type of content like that (although I'd be much happier if they'd gave us the final product). I just hope they won't start selling every game in episodic form (yes, I'm looking at you Final Fantasy VII remake!), since that would be the ultimate DLC experience. :'D

Muke

whatever
Awards
Even if they do plan to include DLC, I just hope that it won't be connected to the games story/narrative in any way. I could see them including Final Mix type of content like that (although I'd be much happier if they'd gave us the final product). I just hope they won't start selling every game in episodic form (yes, I'm looking at you Final Fantasy VII remake!), since that would be the ultimate DLC experience. :'D
Hurray, your first post! :3

But, yes. I totally agree, as stated in the last page. But hey -- I wouldn't have any problems, if the DLCs were free. Like, it could be..

Griewer

Awards
Hurray, your first post! :3

But, yes. I totally agree, as stated in the last page. But hey -- I wouldn't have any problems, if the DLCs were free. Like, it could be..

Free DLC wouldn't be a problem. But we all know the rule which game developing teams live by: If you can double the profit, try to triple it as well. :'D
Anyways... I'm still counting on Nomura-san! <_<

Platinum End

Now that i think about it, it would feel weird of KH3 to have DLC and i think it's best that KH3 stays away from the DLC route and just have everything added into the game and have the final mixes release in the next 1 or 2 years with even more content. Like others have said if they do choose to do the DLC route, the things that would probably be offered is more munny and cosmetic attires. It would be kind of cool if it had like daily missions to complete because after KH3 who knows how long we get new information of the next KH saga if nourma chooses to do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back