• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possible competition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
This competition was suggested by one of our members:
Hey, so I've been thinking lately, why not start an art wide competition?

It would be divided up into two categories:

Drawings (Traditional Media) and Tags (Digital Media).

Basically, contestants from each category would be battling each other. TM vs TM; DM vs DM, and then finally, DM vs TM by the final two contestants.

I was thinking of giving requirements for the battles, but do you think TM would be able to do that? If not, they could just use a famous picture of theirs for each round. Same with DM.

The final winner would receive whatever Silh is willing to give them. The runner ups who didn't go to finals would receive whatever Silh is willing to give them.

I think this would be a good idea to get both sections popular again. A fairly large amount of members would probably compete. I'm just worried about your section; How many will enter?

Well, this is just a thought I've been thinking about for awhile. What do you think?
What do you guys think? Would you be up for this or not? I don't want people saying "sounds cool" and not entering. If you're interested and want to see this happen, you better fucking enter.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
I love your enthusiasm guys, but I think we might need more than two people. Especially considering how much DM outnumbers us niggas.

xx kairi xx

can people of all abilitys enter? if so id like to have a go at it =)
im only a beginner though and id enter into DM

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Well the contest hasn't officially been announced yet. Right now I'm just seeing who's interest.

Anyway, members of all skill levels can compete. It's a great way to see how well you compare to everyone else, and to show you what you did well and what you didn't do well. Anyway, until Scarecrow (and possibly Silh) gives the thumbs up, this is still just an idea.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
Sounds interesting but I don't know..
I've got several projects for class to work but if I could put some of those pictures in for each round I guess I wouldn't mind doing it. I'm still a little unsure though
Regardless I'm in.

Awards
I love the idea, but I would extend it to be an all-around art competition, instead of being limited to tags and drawings. You could still do tags and drawings, but I think it would be cool to let your imagination roam free artistically, and maybe come up with some photography or textiles, whatever.

but yeah I'm for it

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
The only problem I see is the comparison between tags and a finished drawing. In some cases, the tag would just appeal to people a lot better with the amount of effects while in other cases, people could be like "the drawing took more effort and therefore deserves to win".

I'm for it, but I think it needs to be a bit more refined.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
The only problem I see is the comparison between tags and a finished drawing. In some cases, the tag would just appeal to people a lot better with the amount of effects while in other cases, people could be like "the drawing took more effort and therefore deserves to win".

I'm for it, but I think it needs to be a bit more refined.

Also what kind of time frames would we be looking at for each round, because a lot of the stuff I do takes a bit of time to finish. I'm not saying I need a week but a couple days would be fine.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Well, Salty did mention that one could always use older pieces, but I find that actually defeats the purpose of a competition somewhat, since you're trying to see how far your current abilities take you, not your old ones.

I dunno :C

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
I could probably give you guys about 1-2 weeks for entries.

And, about the final match, I wasn't really sure about that one. It really depends on what you make I guess. if it's something really beautiful, I'm sure people would for it.

Also, thanks for all the entries guys :D

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I'm interested in this incredibly, but my problem would be if I'm able to enter in both catergories.

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
I'm interested in this incredibly, but my problem would be if I'm able to enter in both catergories.

You CAN be in both. Just to let everyone know.

Also, if your entering, please make the top of your post [TM] (Traditional Media) and/or [DG] (Digital Media) it would be much easier to know who is who.

Last edited:

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
Just remember that it COULD be requirements. It just depends on if TM could do it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back