• Effective October 15th, all Youtube content threads that are posted within the creative media section will be subjected to being moderated before being displayed. Over the past year we've noticed lots of new members and a few old members that come here to advertise (obviously here since we're the largest Kingdom Hearts fan base community why wouldn't you) their Channel to promote new subscribers, likes, and displaying their media. However there is a huge difference between creative constructive media criticism, and borderline advertisement. So please, before you post here, understand how the creative media section works, if you have any questions or concerns regarding this change please reach out, we always like to hear ideas. Few might not like this idea, but it does help keep my section stay organized and not crazy looking, I would like to keep the traditional platform of what the section main purpose is for. It's to help build new and old artistry to an entire whole level.

Here's how it will work :

• If you post a thread within the creative media section that is youtube content related to your channel, it will be moved to the "Creative Media Youtube Showing Content thread", a sticky'd thread where members can all over discuss and see everyones content all at once rather than making it self promoting, by making your own thread, if you get my drift. The whole idea behind this is to get members involved in everyones media, and the purpose is to showcase your works, but not self advertisement right? Its all about the constructive criticism and giving everyone the same feedback and layout of how display and showcasing video media should look like.

• If you have already posted a thread regarding your youtube content, you will not be affected by this change and your thread will be untouched and you can continue to post and discuss accordingly with your peers.

Social Media Advertisement Content :​

Now I know lots of new members (out of the blue suddenly became youtube friendly, you're not slick) be-aware that you cannot use the Creative Media section as a gateway to advertise your media without wanting, giving and receiving criticism from your forum family. The idea behind the Creative Media is to help showcase and help improve everyones work or arts, whether it's digital, traditional, etc. Not to promote then leave, it's not fair to the community.

• Spoiler tag your spoilers, please. That includes all unknown content from the DLC that was not shown in trailers or discussed in pre-release interviews.

Possible competition

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
  • East Meets West
  • In the Grid
  • Retired Staff
This competition was suggested by one of our members:
Hey, so I've been thinking lately, why not start an art wide competition?

It would be divided up into two categories:

Drawings (Traditional Media) and Tags (Digital Media).

Basically, contestants from each category would be battling each other. TM vs TM; DM vs DM, and then finally, DM vs TM by the final two contestants.

I was thinking of giving requirements for the battles, but do you think TM would be able to do that? If not, they could just use a famous picture of theirs for each round. Same with DM.

The final winner would receive whatever Silh is willing to give them. The runner ups who didn't go to finals would receive whatever Silh is willing to give them.

I think this would be a good idea to get both sections popular again. A fairly large amount of members would probably compete. I'm just worried about your section; How many will enter?

Well, this is just a thought I've been thinking about for awhile. What do you think?
What do you guys think? Would you be up for this or not? I don't want people saying "sounds cool" and not entering. If you're interested and want to see this happen, you better fucking enter.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
  • East Meets West
  • In the Grid
  • Retired Staff
I love your enthusiasm guys, but I think we might need more than two people. Especially considering how much DM outnumbers us niggas.

xx kairi xx

Awards
can people of all abilitys enter? if so id like to have a go at it =)
im only a beginner though and id enter into DM

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
  • East Meets West
  • In the Grid
  • Retired Staff
Well the contest hasn't officially been announced yet. Right now I'm just seeing who's interest.

Anyway, members of all skill levels can compete. It's a great way to see how well you compare to everyone else, and to show you what you did well and what you didn't do well. Anyway, until Scarecrow (and possibly Silh) gives the thumbs up, this is still just an idea.

xx kairi xx

Awards
sounds good.
if it does get the go ahead then u can definitly count me in ^_^

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
  • Le Artiste
Sounds interesting but I don't know..
I've got several projects for class to work but if I could put some of those pictures in for each round I guess I wouldn't mind doing it. I'm still a little unsure though
Regardless I'm in.

Awards
  • Retired Staff
I love the idea, but I would extend it to be an all-around art competition, instead of being limited to tags and drawings. You could still do tags and drawings, but I think it would be cool to let your imagination roam free artistically, and maybe come up with some photography or textiles, whatever.

but yeah I'm for it

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
  • East Meets West
  • In the Grid
  • Retired Staff
The only problem I see is the comparison between tags and a finished drawing. In some cases, the tag would just appeal to people a lot better with the amount of effects while in other cases, people could be like "the drawing took more effort and therefore deserves to win".

I'm for it, but I think it needs to be a bit more refined.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
  • Le Artiste
The only problem I see is the comparison between tags and a finished drawing. In some cases, the tag would just appeal to people a lot better with the amount of effects while in other cases, people could be like "the drawing took more effort and therefore deserves to win".

I'm for it, but I think it needs to be a bit more refined.
Also what kind of time frames would we be looking at for each round, because a lot of the stuff I do takes a bit of time to finish. I'm not saying I need a week but a couple days would be fine.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
  • East Meets West
  • In the Grid
  • Retired Staff
Well, Salty did mention that one could always use older pieces, but I find that actually defeats the purpose of a competition somewhat, since you're trying to see how far your current abilities take you, not your old ones.

I dunno :C

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
  • Retired Staff
I could probably give you guys about 1-2 weeks for entries.

And, about the final match, I wasn't really sure about that one. It really depends on what you make I guess. if it's something really beautiful, I'm sure people would for it.

Also, thanks for all the entries guys :D

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
  • Le Artiste
  • Writer of Writers
  • Retired Staff
I'm interested in this incredibly, but my problem would be if I'm able to enter in both catergories.

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
  • Retired Staff
I'm interested in this incredibly, but my problem would be if I'm able to enter in both catergories.
You CAN be in both. Just to let everyone know.

Also, if your entering, please make the top of your post [TM] (Traditional Media) and/or [DG] (Digital Media) it would be much easier to know who is who.

Last edited:

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
  • Retired Staff
Just remember that it COULD be requirements. It just depends on if TM could do it or not.