• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possibilities of Riku's Suggestion to Sora

• Thread starter Deleted member 252501
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 252501

Greetings,

After the defeat/surrender of Xehanort and the Seekers of Darkness, Sora closes Kingdom Hearts; thereafter the Keyblade Wielders are gathered together in the Keyblade Graveyard--but despite the victory Kairi is still missing. Riku says to Sora, "We'll find Kairi. Let's head back to Master Yen Sid. We can figure it out." Sora instead opts to utilize the power of waking, insisting on knowing what to do and to do it alone. The others of course let Sora go, and you know the rest.

However, what if Sora had followed through with what Riku said? Say they did go to Yen Sid, would there have been alternative options in which Sora did not have to use the power of waking, or to better prepare? Could Sora's disappearance have been prevented? How would it have changed the events prior to the credits and post? Or perhaps the answer is not so simple (and clean).

Apologies if this thread is a repeat--I was unaware in that case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Unless Yen Sid could bring back the dead I doubt there was anything he could do to resurrect her. The Power of Waking may have been the only solution

SweetYetSalty

Awards
They would have gathered her shattered remains and stuff her into a replica if that is possible. Or rebuild her from data using Ansem's computer. Or get the other 6 lights to revive her the way Kairi revived Sora. They had options to bring her back if Sora had been patient.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
They would have gathered her shattered remains and stuff her into a replica if that is possible. Or rebuild her from data using Ansem's computer. Or get the other 6 lights to revive her the way Kairi revived Sora. They had options to bring her back if Sora had been patient.
How do you know if any of those were possibilities?

The more time wasted, she could have actually died and been gone for good. Plus they were building up the whole Sora/Kairi thing for so long (albeit subtly in KH3) that it felt like the right choice on Sora's part. What really makes me think that their relationship is more than we can imagine right now is from the intro video. As soon as Sora/Kairi's pieces are next to each other, Xehanort immediately shows up. Sora even said it that she's always been away from him since their journey started. It's almost as if some force is trying to keep them apart (and the potential power they have together).

SweetYetSalty

Awards
How do you know if any of those were possibilities?

The more time wasted, she could have actually died and been gone for good. Plus they were building up the whole Sora/Kairi thing for so long (albeit subtly in KH3) that it felt like the right choice on Sora's part. What really makes me think that their relationship is more than we can imagine right now is from the intro video. As soon as Sora/Kairi's pieces are next to each other, Xehanort immediately shows up. Sora even said it that she's always been away from him since their journey started. It's almost as if some force is trying to keep them apart (and the potential power they have together).

I don't. I was naming off ways to revive a character in the KH world. Whether these would have worked on Kairi remains to be seen. But they could have tried all these things before Sora went off.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
The more time wasted, she could have actually died and been gone for good. Plus they were building up the whole Sora/Kairi thing for so long (albeit subtly in KH3) that it felt like the right choice on Sora's part.
By that logic, it should have been Riku who went after Kairi since he's also close enough to her to make such a dive, and unlike Sora, he hadn't wore down his defenses by previously using the power of Waking (and never used it incorrectly) several times already. If nothing else, Yen Sid could've made clear the dangers Sora would be in had he chose to go rescue Kairi. Also, Sora's motivation for leaving at that moment wasn't because of any danger Kairi might've been in had he waited too long, he simply didn't want her to be alone for longer than she had to (similar to how he reacted to Aqua being stuck in the RoD, despite not even remembering her). Sora's simply impulsive & emotional (that's just who he is fundamentally), and if he had more patience there's a very good chance that they all could've came up with a proper strategy to rescue Kairi with the least amount of harm to anyone. At the very least, Riku likely would've stood a better chance since, again, he hadn't used the power to frequently, and knew how to use it responsibly/correctly.

D

Deleted member 252501

@Twilight Lumiair,

I agree, and you made a good point regarding Sora not wanting Kairi to be alone rather than in danger. I don't recall if what truly happened to Kairi was/is explained--Kairi's being was literally shattered, which is unlike anything we've seen before. Whatever transpired to regather not only Kairi's heart but the body also, I have no idea.

Riku was likely more than capable of bringing Kairi back; although that might've not been convenient for the sake of the plot.
I personally believe such a scenario would've been better for the purpose of proving that there is some level of concern between Riku and Kairi. For Riku to have saved both Sora and Kairi at one point would've added depth to Riku's character and the friendship between the three of them. Not to mention a break from Sora continually being the savior of all in KHIII.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
By that logic, it should have been Riku who went after Kairi since he's also close enough to her to make such a dive, and unlike Sora, he hadn't wore down his defenses by previously using the power of Waking (and never used it incorrectly) several times already. If nothing else, Yen Sid could've made clear the dangers Sora would be in had he chose to go rescue Kairi. Also, Sora's motivation for leaving at that moment wasn't because of any danger Kairi might've been in had he waited too long, he simply didn't want her to be alone for longer than she had to (similar to how he reacted to Aqua being stuck in the RoD, despite not even remembering her). Sora's simply impulsive & emotional (that's just who he is fundamentally), and if he had more patience there's a very good chance that they all could've came up with a proper strategy to rescue Kairi with the least amount of harm to anyone. At the very least, Riku likely would've stood a better chance since, again, he hadn't used the power to frequently, and knew how to use it responsibly/correctly.

I agree with this, and this is why it'd be great if the next game is a Riku-centric game. Now that Riku is a Master, he should be more than capable enough to handle whatever comes his way. He also has the advantage over other masters in that he has a pretty good idea of how darkness tends to work. He's also the same one that saved Sora from falling into the abyss before in DDD once before too.

It's hard to say right now whether Sora made the right call or not, because we don't really know much going forward. But if I were him, I wouldn't settle for Kairi being a replica. Or recreated from data.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Well if you just look at how the non-Sora heros acted in the game I don't think they can tie their own shoes without falling over themselves.......

I am not sure what the plan could have been but I just assumed it was going to be for Sora to rest and then go as a team to save Kairi.

But @Face My Fears made a good point that the reason Sora went to save Kairi was so she was not alone anymore. My reasoning was always that Sora thought that saving Kairi was time-sensitive and he needed to save her now which always felt weird given nobody really showed urgency after she got stab to save her right away so shrug.

Nukara

Awards
Sora would die anyway. He just didn’t want Riku to risk it if he could do it perfectly.

Back