• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possibilities of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 on PS4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
[/LIST]
I believe all games on the PS4 install onto the hard drive when the disk is first inserted into the PS4, therefore any waiting time for D-Link, Summon, Drive Forms or delays in obtaining items would be gone.
Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one who watches the battle progress in slow-mo as I wait for Sora to change clothes :3
That would be such a welcome thing.

firaga101

I'd definitely buy it. If it's a single package with all the remasters (also 3DHD) that'd be awesome. Otherwise I'd just get 2.5 since it has the titles I liked most. I think it would be good for them to port KH remasters to PS4 so more people get to enjoy it. I don't get the hate for FFX/X-2... I thought they were good games and see it as a good sign of them being released on the PS4.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I would kinda think (and hope) that the trophies lists might be shared. FFX and X-2 had shared lists from the PS3 and Vita, makes me wonder if the same will be true when it's on PS4. Because with how much work I'm putting into these ReMixes, I'd rather it all be for nothing if I'm just gonna have to end up doing it all over again

Did you log into your PS4 with the same ID as your PS3? Because all your PS3 trophies are on your PS4 too, since it's linked to your PS ID and not the systems themselves. Unless you just mean the PS4 versions of the games, in which case, yeah you'd have platinum in KHFM PS3 but not for the PS4 version. But honestly, if you've platinumed it already on PS3, there's not much point in doing it again unless you like trophies that much. Only reason I got the trophies for 1.5 was because of my love for the series. Normally I don't care about trophies at all.

DoctahFaz

Awards
The Drive Form loading times are terrible. I do not remember it taking 5 seconds on the Playstation 2.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
If they do port to PS4, I hope they remember to stack 1.5's difficulty trophies.

*mumbles*And drop CoM's Level Master trophies from 99 to 70.*mumbles*

Yeah, guess what I've been doing with my free time lately. Do you know what's funny? The tedium of levelling Riku and synthesizing pointless rooms for the room trophy is giving me a higher opinion of Card Master Sora.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Ps3 already half was is to me. All I ask if they port is a means of transferring save files. (which I know is as unlikely as hell opening but TnT)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Ps3 already half was is to me. All I ask if they port is a means of transferring save files. (which I know is as unlikely as hell opening but TnT)

They pulled it off super easy with Diablo III. It would just require some means of Cloud storage in order to transfer the data from PS3 to Cloud and then from there to the PS4. And if they did that I would assume, just like with Diablo, that once you do the transfer to PS4 you can no longer transfer it back to PS3 and would have to start a new file if you wanted to play the PS3 version again for some reason.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
They pulled it off super easy with Diablo III. It would just require some means of Cloud storage in order to transfer the data from PS3 to Cloud and then from there to the PS4. And if they did that I would assume, just like with Diablo, that once you do the transfer to PS4 you can no longer transfer it back to PS3 and would have to start a new file if you wanted to play the PS3 version again for some reason.

plus in GTA V you're able to transfer save data from xbox 360/ps3 to ps4/XB1, and it's interchangeable. however, this was done via the rockstar social club so unless square enix gave you the option to save your information via their own database, i don't think it can be done that way but you already explained how else it can be done.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Not that it can't be done, but how often does SE actually do cool things that are practical like that? This, and how few games have been ported currently just makes it all sort've 'anyone's game' at this point. I don't think they would allow save data transfer, but who knows?

Gram

Banned
Awards

Well that's reassuring to hear. All I'd really ask is being able to transfer my saves. Dx
I wouldn't transfer it back. Once KH reaches Ps4 my time with the PS3 is done.

Commander Corn

it would be pretty lame and pointless if they just straight ported them to next-gen (although am i correct in thinking that that actually isn't possible since the PS4 has a different cell architecture or whatever reason it was that backwards compatibility is not possible?) with no additions whatsoever imo. ideally they would get full on remasters (as in entire graphical overhauls like Wind Waker HD) but i really doubt that would ever happen just cause of the time that would be needed.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
(although am i correct in thinking that that actually isn't possible since the PS4 has a different cell architecture or whatever reason it was that backwards compatibility is not possible?)
No, you can port from PS3 to PS4. The Last of Us Remastered is proof enough, as well as the next-gen port of GTAV. There isn't backwards compatibility because the PS4 can't emulate PS3 (likely due to CELL) and stuffing a mini-PS3 into the box would hike the price up significantly. That's what happened with the original PS3 models, which basically had a tiny PS2 inside of it to enable BC functionality. Slim removed PS2 BC and cost significantly less.
ideally they would get full on remasters (as in entire graphical overhauls like Wind Waker HD)
WWHD isn't really a graphical overhaul. It's a pretty standard HD rerelease. Cel-shading ages really well so they didn't really have to do much. Most of the difference can be attributed to the new lighting.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
No, you can port from PS3 to PS4. The Last of Us Remastered is proof enough, as well as the next-gen port of GTAV. There isn't backwards compatibility because the PS4 can't emulate PS3 (likely due to CELL) and stuffing a mini-PS3 into the box would hike the price up significantly. That's what happened with the original PS3 models, which basically had a tiny PS2 inside of it to enable BC functionality. Slim removed PS2 BC and cost significantly less.WWHD isn't really a graphical overhaul. It's a pretty standard HD rerelease. Cel-shading ages really well so they didn't really have to do much. Most of the difference can be attributed to the new lighting.

WWHD is a much higher overhaul than KH, no question about it. Frankly, does Nintendo ever do remasters? They always remake stuff, which is much more expensive and impressive.

Anyway, Commander Corn, that's not gonna happen. We can mostly hope for a better resolution and a higher frame-rate.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Anyway, Commander Corn, that's not gonna happen. We can mostly hope for a better resolution and a higher frame-rate.
And correct those glitches. AND make the game 100% HD, as in, remaster every model and movie that wasn't remastered.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
And correct those glitches. AND make the game 100% HD, as in, remaster every model and movie that wasn't remastered.

The glitches I can understand, remastering every model (new textures) and SD cutscene.. I don't see that happening. Although it wouldn't need a ton of work, the animation would need to be created from scratch.

Sorakh212

Awards
It's certainly possible especially with the huge fan demand but what troubles me is how Square has been responding to fan feedback as of late. I mean the whole FFVII controversy was annoying enough and yet they still won't listen to their fans. Many of us would love to see FFVII in HD and remastered but odds are it won't happen anytime soon and I feel similarly toward porting both KH 1.5 and 2.5 HD ReMIX especially since KH3 won't be exclusive anymore to PlayStation. One can dream though I guess. Here's hoping they start listening to their fans and soon.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
It's certainly possible especially with the huge fan demand but what troubles me is how Square has been responding to fan feedback as of late. I mean the whole FFVII controversy was annoying enough and yet they still won't listen to their fans. Many of us would love to see FFVII in HD and remastered but odds are it won't happen anytime soon and I feel similarly toward porting both KH 1.5 and 2.5 HD ReMIX especially since KH3 won't be exclusive anymore to PlayStation. One can dream though I guess. Here's hoping they start listening to their fans and soon.
Normally I'd say something about how difficult it is to make certain aspects of a game that is a remake. Most times you need the OK from the original crew, which is a problem for both FFVII and FFIX.

But SE has always done a fantastic job of alienating certain groups of fans and ignoring the feedback they're constantly asking for. Sure: maybe the feedback equates out to a 'no, we don't want that' in a few scenarios. But I very much doubt that's the case with things like CE's, platforms, and content.
So no, I can't really say I disagree with you. Hardly.

Eastdd8

I so hope that they go through and put it on the PS4 as I never bought a PS3 and I really want to play these games. I am also looking forward to FFX/X-2 for the same reason!!! I hope they decide to put KH 1.5 and 2.5 on Next Gen because I would buy it in a heartbeat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back