• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possibilities of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 on PS4?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Given how Nomura just recently said that it wouldn't be all that exciting to release DDD HD as a standalone release, I'm thinking maybe they'll include it in a bundle with 1.5 and 2.5 on PS4. That'd entice people to rebuy both games. And me, being the sucker I am, would re-purchase them even if DDD wasn't included.

Of course, I'm just theorizing. I definitely think the remasters will be ported, and I will stupidly rebuy them, despite having bought the standard and LE of 1.5 and the LE and CE of 2.5. I'd like to see how nice KH looks on PS4.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Then Lightning makes a cameo where you'll play as her for DLC

Plot-twist: the town at Lightning Returns' ending will actually be a town you can visit in Final Fantasy X-3.

*ahem* back on topic: like previous members have reminded us, Nomura thinks releasing DDD HD as a standalone game wouldn't be something appealing. This leaves the door open for:

A.) DDD HD bundled with both ReMixes
B.) DDD HD bundled with BbS Vol. 2/Chi/both
C.) All of the above
D.) That horrible V-Cast title well get remade and featured inside DDD HD...

WanPisu

Awards
At this point, I'd probably only buy such a thing for collection purpose if ever. Not too interested.
It would still be good for non-PS3 owners with either PS4 or Xbone.

However, if 3DHD would be included.....pants down. I've yet to play that game due to not owning Nintendo consoles anymore.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I don't mind more ports, but I definitely want shared trophy lists. I know some trophy hunters would love separate lists, but it's too much work (and no fun) obtaining the platinum trophies for these games more than once.

axel95

Awards
I think it will happen, but probably not for a while. The only way that I'd buy them again is if they were a part of a KH3 Collector's Edition.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Not surprised by this, but I am surprised that this is the first the will seemingly come out. Maybe they'll announced all 3 remasters + 3D HD at Jump Festa.

SephirothZ

FFX & X-2 on PS4 is surprising. Almost makes you wonder if there is a FFX-3 on the way. FFX is my favorite game ever and I was content with it ending after FFX-2. However, that audio bonus kind of changed my opinion and now I want a FFX-3.

As for Kingdom Hearts, I think it would be tough, majority of the people who would buy a Remaster edition already have and I doubt many would buy them again. I dont think they would get enough sales to warrant a PS4/XBone edition. That is just my opinion though.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
As for Kingdom Hearts, I think it would be tough, majority of the people who would buy a Remaster edition already have and I doubt many would buy them again. I dont think they would get enough sales to warrant a PS4/XBone edition. That is just my opinion though.

I can guarantee that there are enough people in this crazy fandom who will go out of their way to buy every single release. This is not a stingy community lol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I can guarantee that there are enough people in this crazy fandom who will go out of their way to buy every single release. This is not a stingy community lol.
I'd buy it just because of the cool home screen thing all games have. That on PS4 will look gorgeous.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I don't think we'll see the ReMIX on PS4 until after KHIII is finished.

Before KHIII releases I think we can only reasonably expect a 3DHD​ release.

DoctahFaz

Awards
Either way, I can't imagine them announcing a PS4 version anytime soon as it would probably hinder sales in the current PS3 release, but like I said, I do think it will happen at some point.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
That reasonably makes no sense.
In terms of "getting people prepared for KHIII" then yeah.

But the ReMIX has already happened. It's already available. It's done. The only titles not yet covered are DDD and χ[chi].
Spending the time and resources to port 1.5 and 2.5​ to PS4 seems like something that would take a backseat in terms of priority.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
And still no XII remaster. It's like they stay awake at night thinking of things fans want and deciding to give them something completely different that no one asked for.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
And still no XII remaster. It's like they stay awake at night thinking of things fans want and deciding to give them something completely different that no one asked for.

This. Please Square Enix I want a Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster lol. An updated soundtrack and graphics would be amazing.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
This. Please Square Enix I want a Final Fantasy XII HD Remaster lol. An updated soundtrack and graphics would be amazing.

I've got it! SE will port DDD HD alongside XII HD! Bwahahaha! :D~ or bundled with FFVII PS4...

*ahem* but what if they just made the ReMixes available on PSN and they wouldn't have to re-release it? They would have to make it digitally available anyways if they release it for ps4.

ordaXjn

I feel like this will happen, but not for the sake of being put on current gen consoles.

I see it happening because xbox one sales will suffer greatly if they don't do this.

Gamers who has only ever owned an xbox console, will have no idea what is going on, and will likely not want to dive into the 3rd title of a game franchise because they'll have to watch let's plays, or read up on wiki's and articles about what is going on before playing it.

Most people who own a ps4, likely owned a ps3, and almost 100% owned a ps2, so they have played these games before.

It is definitely important for the re-masters to get released on xbox one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back