• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Populated Worlds, please?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Picnicpanther

Has it only ever occured to me that the worlds in Kingdom Hearts I and II are, by and large, pretty much deserted? I mean, Twilight Town was a step up from Traverse Town (Even though I personally like Traverse Town better), but still, there were like 10 people? and they were all copies of each other.

I dunno, it just kinda bugs me. If it was really a city, there would be a lot of people doing stuff all the time. I can understand more dungeon-esque worlds being desert, but places like Hollow Bastion(Radiant Garden, Reconstruction) that is being re-inhabited and rebuilt should have more than 3 ducks selling gear, a moogle, and Scrooge McDuck on the street. >.>

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Trust me, you're not the only who's noticed. =/ Would be nice if the next installments improved that department, though if they don't I'm happy as long as other areas of the game are improved (KH2 comes to mind lol).

Games like FFXII have enormous cities filled with moving people, sidequests, curious tidbits of information you gain from the populace, and so many other things.

Even Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, a much older game, is an accomplishment in making a world feel alive, with its clock/day and night system, several citizens of Termina were doing something different every time of the day, had their own schedules, felt like they had actual LIVES to lead.

Then again maybe I'm asking too much from Nomura and his team...<_<

Picnicpanther

I mean, yeah I understand it's kind of a "younger kids game", at least as far a Square Enix sees it. But I agree with what you say. Dynamic changing of day and night would be a nice feature, too.

Another thing, GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL KINGDOM HEARTS BATTLE SYSTEM. KHII was way too easy, though I do like the camera improvement very much. :D

Kairy

ur right-- i would like to see more actual people or inhabitants in kh-- how are there that many heartless lol

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
well. All the inhabitants transformed into heartless. There solved.

Picnicpanther said:
Has it only ever occured to me that the worlds in Kingdom Hearts I and II are, by and large, pretty much deserted? I mean, Twilight Town was a step up from Traverse Town (Even though I personally like Traverse Town better), but still, there were like 10 people? and they were all copies of each other.

This maybe so, but I thought the whole deserted theme added to the Heartless ambushing the worlds, in my opinion?

HadesDragon said:
Trust me, you're not the only who's noticed. =/ Would be nice if the next installments improved that department, though if they don't I'm happy as long as other areas of the game are improved (KH2 comes to mind lol).

Games like FFXII have enormous cities filled with moving people, sidequests, curious tidbits of information you gain from the populace, and so many other things.

Even Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, a much older game, is an accomplishment in making a world feel alive, with its clock/day and night system, several citizens of Termina were doing something different every time of the day, had their own schedules, felt like they had actual LIVES to lead.

I completely agree, there were so many aspects of the game that they could change for the future titles, but don't get your hopes up, lol.

Picnicpanther said:
Another thing, GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL KINGDOM HEARTS BATTLE SYSTEM. KHII was way too easy, though I do like the camera improvement very much. :D

Uh, no, how about something new altogether?

i agree there should be more people in the towns. it makes it look better other than walking around a stranded foreign world.

i thought that the people in Traverse Town were in hiding of the heartless...i forget if i heard that somewhere or I saw it, so i always figured the rest of the worlds also had people who were hiding..

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards

I agree completely... At the least, they should do what they did in LoZ: Twilight Princess, have people that you couldn't talk to walk throughout the city...

~khfan~

It would be nice if the games were more "alive". It would be a lot to ask though. I think the Zelda games are a great example of games "brought to live" (there are a bunch of others too, but I just said Zelda because it's the best game ever made) If you think about it though, the amount of info and data it would take to do that though... To do it, they would have to cut out other great features...

A

Azrael

well the games were on the ps2 so they had limited space. now if they're gonna put it on the ps3 then you'll most likely see a big boom in the worlds populace

That's just plain bull!

FF XII was for PS2 and had way better graphics than KH2 and the cities were populated to the max.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I mean, yeah I understand it's kind of a "younger kids game", at least as far a Square Enix sees it. But I agree with what you say. Dynamic changing of day and night would be a nice feature, too.

sometimes i didn't like the camera in kingdom hearts ii... sometimes the camera is wayy too back and it made some familiar levels and even new ones seem small.

i've noticed those yellow stones in olympus coliseum in kingdom hearts ii having less detail than from the first game. also in halloween town with the pumpkin patches spreaded around the place seem less detailed...

i want the camera at least to be like in re:chain of memories.

U

Ultima Sacrifice

I dunno, it just kinda bugs me. If it was really a city, there would be a lot of people doing stuff all the time. I can understand more dungeon-esque worlds being desert, but places like Hollow Bastion(Radiant Garden, Reconstruction) that is being re-inhabited and rebuilt should have more than 3 ducks selling gear, a moogle, and Scrooge McDuck on the street. >.>

I see what you mean! In Kingdom Hearts I, didn't Areith(I think) tell Sora that Traverse Town was a place for refuge for those who lost their worlds? And there was like, nobody there!

haX

Hanging out in the Back Alley in Twilight Town
well the games were on the ps2 so they had limited space. now if they're gonna put it on the ps3 then you'll most likely see a big boom in the worlds populace
You've never played FFX, have you? In all the major cities there's people EVERYWHERE! You could talk to most of them, too. So, the "It's on PS2, whaddaya expect" argument's kinda...out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back